Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, that sounds about right with the original ECW comparrison. If he were to wrestle Kane or Undertaker though, the size differnece would be very apparent. And no, I wouldn't fuck with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTA Gavin
      Yeah, that sounds about right with the original ECW comparrison. If he were to wrestle Kane or Undertaker though, the size differnece would be very apparent. And no, I wouldn't fuck with him.
      I wouldn't mess with any of the guys but the way we met them was like face's first then heels second and truthfully the heel's where more laid back and willing to talk to you than the faces where. Samoa Joe is a cocksucker to say the least AJ Styles was ok. Outta everyone of them I'd say Jarret, Road Dogg, Billy Gun, and Christy Hemme where the coolest of all the people I met espically Jarret the guy was autographing everything the guys brought plus had a great attitude. I talked to him for at least a good 30 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by adamroddis
        Ye erm, i just wanna point out that it's likely that Mr Disgusting is probably a market ploy for the studios. They probably pay him to write a really believable review so us suckers believe it and then go and watch it. This is what probably happened with the new TCM cos it's very unlikely that Mr Disgusting is a pussy, or is he ?

i'm pretty sure this quote pissed Mr-D off. dont blame him tho. like someone else said...he's got a mind of his own.

Comment

• It wasnt even a prequel really, it was a waste of my time.
          sigpic

"There are far worse things awaiting men than death"-Count Dracula

Wii Console # 5086-0671-3376-7168 | Wii MarioKart # 2277-7052-6879

Comment

• One comparison of our review was to Aint it Cool News' of the remake- my problem with the comparison is that we weren't IN the freaking movie. I 100% agree when people blasted Harry because he had his head plastered right on the big screen, which to me means you probably shouldn't even be reviewing it because your opinion might be compromised. I simply loved it. Big f'n deal.

So I guess when you run the largest horror website you're not allowed to like stuff when everyone else hates it. Maybe that's vice versa too. I HATED The Grudge and wouldn't even go see the sequel because I hated it so much. The movie banked in $22 million in the first weekend, but I guess we're "hacks" or "liars" because we didn't jump on the bandwagon.

As I always say, my opinion is my fucking opinion- you're entitled to yours, I'm entitled to mine. Just because I like something doesn't mean you have to be a mindless drone and agree. I know people who hated the TCM prequel and some who loved it. I respect all of their opinions on why so long as they back them up. The BEST argument so far that I've read on our message boards and in my e-mails were "Well, they SHOULD have done this..." followed by examples. I don't care what you think they should have done- did you enjoy what you saw? If not, then tell me why?

Further more, if I were a studio ass kisser, why would I follow up my review with two mixed (or negative reviews) from my other writers? Because believe it or not they have a voice and an opinion too. I respect theirs and want to share it with the world. But like I said, that's not good enough for some of you. I need to follow the group, stick with the Rotten Tomatoes clan. Forget having my own opinion, apparently I need to start listening to yours and then compress it all into a review that looks like my own thoughts.

There's nothing like ending up a real-life zombie...

Now I'm going to go back to working for YOU and bringing you all the horror you can handle. If you don't appreciate it you're welcome to go diss another website and drive them up the freakin' wall. Otherwise we're glad to have you.

Brad
            While I usually disagree with Mr. D...I do think getting hate mail because he liked a movie is fucking ridiculous and immature...

Not to mention ridiculous because the prequel is a much better horror film than the remake...Please send me your hate mail...Jesus Christ horror fans are some of the biggest dumbasses on the planet...I'm ashamed to admit I am one sometimes...

Comment

• Originally posted by N2NOther
              While I usually disagree with Mr. D...I do think getting hate mail because he liked a movie is fucking ridiculous and immature...

Not to mention ridiculous because the prequel is a much better horror film than the remake...Please send me your hate mail...Jesus Christ horror fans are some of the biggest dumbasses on the planet...I'm ashamed to admit I am one sometimes...
              Totally agree. I went into this movie tonight prepared to hate it and was pleasantly surprised to find that I liked it. It was much better than the remake, and the amount of shit its getting from horror fans is really unfair. This was a very solid movie, and while it wasnt high art it delivered exactly what it promised.
              Just the scenes with R Lee Ermey alone make it worth the price of admission as far as Im concerned

Comment

• Originally posted by blackknight
                the amount of shit its getting from horror fans is really unfair. This was a very solid movie, and while it wasnt high art it delivered exactly what it promised.
                But that's the funniest part because some of the worst shit in recent memory gets a pass and this is getting shit on?

Saw, Cabin Fever, House of 1000 Corpses? All terrible.

Comment

But that's the funniest part because some of the worst shit in recent memory gets a pass and this is getting shit on?

Saw, Cabin Fever, House of 1000 Corpses? All terrible.
                  While I disagree with you on the Cabin Fever point, I think you're spot on with your original assertion. Here's my theory as to why some people shit on this movie and give the remake a pass:

While there are exceptions, the people who don't like the prequel for the most part seem to be people who either hate remakes out of spite(TCM original purists), or people who actually loved the first remake.

Loving the first remake (as opposed to thinking it's merely "ok", or in our cases, pretending/wishing it doesn't/didn't exist), kinda sets one up for disappointment because the prequel is almost a complete remake of the remake with the caveat that you pretty much know how the prequel is gonna end.
                  |Short Film|Horror Blog|Myspace|

Comment

• Originally posted by pureevilmatt
                    While I disagree with you on the Cabin Fever point, I think you're spot on with your original assertion. Here's my theory as to why some people shit on this movie and give the remake a pass:

While there are exceptions, the people who don't like the prequel for the most part seem to be people who either hate remakes out of spite(TCM original purists), or people who actually loved the first remake.

Loving the first remake (as opposed to thinking it's merely "ok", or in our cases, pretending/wishing it doesn't/didn't exist), kinda sets one up for disappointment because the prequel is almost a complete remake of the remake with the caveat that you pretty much know how the prequel is gonna end.
                    I disagree because I didn't feel at all that it was a remake of the remake...If anything I imagine people hate this movie because they just have bad taste...Not that good taste is required to like this, but bad taste is certainly required to enjoy the remake.

Comment

I disagree because I didn't feel at all that it was a remake of the remake...If anything I imagine people hate this movie because they just have bad taste...Not that good taste is required to like this, but bad taste is certainly required to enjoy the remake.
                      Liking the remake, but hating the prequel, or even rating the remake over the prequel by any amount, just seems to me to be not only bad taste, but also terribly inconsistent taste. Bad taste is completely subjective, but the psychological effects on an audience of knowing pretty much exactly how a movie is going to end is fairly tangible. But, excellent point nonetheless. I was thinking "Bad Taste" might be the argument used against people who like both... but I was assuming people with bad taste are usually consistent in applying their reasoning.
                      |Short Film|Horror Blog|Myspace|

Comment

• Originally posted by pureevilmatt
                        Liking the remake, but hating the prequel, or even rating the remake over the prequel by any amount, just seems to me to be not only bad taste, but also terribly inconsistent taste. Bad taste is completely subjective, but the psychological effects on an audience of knowing pretty much exactly how a movie is going to end is fairly tangible. But, excellent point nonetheless. I was thinking "Bad Taste" might be the argument used against people who like both... but I was assuming people with bad taste are usually consistent in applying their reasoning.
                        Knowing how it was going to end really was a detriment to the film's overall enjoyment factor, but it's still less annoying that that slop passed off as remake and what's worse is when people "justify" it by saying they think of it as a sequel...

Comment

• This new TCM prequel getting all this flack is completely and in all senses of the word STUPID!
                          Everyone is either going to hate a movie or straight up love it. There is no way around it. That's why there are words like "oppinionated" in our vast vocabulary of words. Because everyone and anyone has a thought process of thier own, whether they know it or not, to decide whether or not THEY like something. For whatever reason, there are way too many people in this modern world we are living in who have a problem with that.

Now, all that said, here is exactly what was so good about the prequel and why in almost every single frame was better than the remake.
                          I saw an interview with the director of the film that he wanted to incorporate everything he liked from teh remake AND the original film to make this prequel. And I believe he hit that note very strongly. The movie has a dirty feel to it, much like the original. It also had some very close shots that made it feel more like you were there. The documentary style of the 74' version was very present.
                          Then there was what it took from the remake. The original never really has gore, and that's what makes it so terrifying with all the deaths suggested. Even the meat hook scene is all based on the girls reaction to what just happened to her, which is why it is still so chilling to this day.
                          The prequel provided enough suggested terror and pure gore eye candy to where it worked perfectly. The off screen things were felt just as much as if they were filmed entirely and we saw everything that happens. Prime example of this is Sheriff Hoyt's suggested rape scene.

OVER ALL, the movie was a strong horror movie and like said before, provided everything it promised. It was what everyone thought they were walking into. Pretty cut and dry. But when you look at horror movies in a whole, that's all they really are. Cut and dry guilty pleassures, which makes them so great.

If people can enjoy everything about a series like "Basket Case", then continue to suspend reality for another 80 minutes and just try and get some enjoying out of this film.

just keep in mind, it is just a movie.

Thirty Minutes Of Less: 8/10
                          Tucker And Dale Vs Evil: 10/10
                          I Love You Phillip Morris: 7/10
                          Friday The 13th Pt. 3: 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by ShinJuggalo
                            just keep in mind, it is just a movie.

im with you there

Comment

• I Liked the Prequel of the Remake .. but the bad part was.. Was it really necessary to include an "obvious" puppet of baby leatherface? who suddenly sprung out from his mother's womb?

And Gosh... Viewers should have been given a bonus nudity of Diora Baird, for crying out loud she exposes herself on other films and Playboy and what viewer got was her wearing bra and granny panties

Comment

Not that good taste is required to like this, but bad taste is certainly required to enjoy the remake.
                                Not really. If that were true then there's be no such thing as guilty pleasures.

Comment

Working...
                                X