Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't enjoy this movie at all. I love a good gorefest every once in a while but this movie was all serious, nasty and not fun at all.

I felt like taking a shower after watching it.

Comment

• Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
      I didn't enjoy this movie at all. I love a good gorefest every once in a while but this movie was all serious, nasty and not fun at all.

I felt like taking a shower after watching it.
      Such a gory, nihilistic film I thought.

I was surprised when I saw this in the theatres. I kept thinking I can't believe this is a big budgeted Hollywood horror film...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post
        Such a gory, nihilistic film I thought.

I was surprised when I saw this in the theatres. I kept thinking I can't believe this is a big budgeted Hollywood horror film...
        Yeah i was pretty sickened by it. The face slicing and the legs being sawed off left me feeling

Plus, the ending was such a downer.

Comment

Yeah i was pretty sickened by it. The face slicing and the legs being sawed off left me feeling

Plus, the ending was such a downer.
          Yup, that ending was a big downer.

I don't normally say this but I thought it was a little too much and I'm not even really thinking of the violence. It's more to do with the overall tone of the film and the depravity of Hoyt...

Comment

I don't normally say this but I thought it was a little too much and I'm not even really thinking of the violence. It's more to do with the overall tone of the film and the depravity of Hoyt...
            I agree. The overall tone of the film was one of sadism. The actions of Hoyt were truly disturbing, especially when he was torturing the young guys hanging up in the sheds.

The original had a streak of twisted comedy to it, but there was no comedy to be found in this one anywhere.

Comment

I agree. The overall tone of the film was one of sadism. The actions of Hoyt were truly disturbing, especially when he was torturing the young guys hanging up in the sheds.

The original had a streak of twisted comedy to it, but there was no comedy to be found in this one anywhere.
              It was a Dark Comedy a good Prequel

Comment

• Originally posted by voodoo79 View Post
                It was a Dark Comedy a good Prequel
                You're off your head if you think this movie was a dark comedy.

Comment

You're off your head if you think this movie was a dark comedy.
                  Why if u look u will find it Hoyt was a riot
                  [YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YY2_4NlZQsY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YY2_4NlZQsY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Y'see. this is what I don't understand.

The new TCM franchise stripped away the cartoony elements of Hooper/Henkels series to make it more realistic/true crime. Okay, its still a 'Stretch' (heh heh) but far more realistic than Chop-Top/Grandpa etc in the first two films. THIS is how serial killers are. Hoyt is a psychopath. He's a rapist. He enjoys seeing things hurt. If children had been in the car with Dean and the others, he'd of probably hurt them too. I can't see how his depravity can be faulted when it's a realistic approach to the situation. It scared the shit out of me, because men like Hoyt exist, and for once a horror movie didn't tone down a villans sociopathy, it laid it on the table and showed the real horror of what a situation like that entails. This film made me rethink Platinum Dunes. They had balls to make a film this hardcore.

Ditto goes for The Girl Next Door. People whined about the violence and depravity. Are we THAT liberalized in this society? People actually suggetsed that Farrands (one of horror's best screenwriters IMO) had 'something wrong' with him, because he showed it like it was. It wasn't an enjoyable film in the slightest, it was heartbreaking,AND very important as it had the guts to show kids being evil both under the influence of, and independant of a psychopathic WOMAN. Not a man. A woman.
                    Sometimes I feel that people are less uncomfortable with violence/depravity and more bothered by the implications of the films themselves.

Horror based in reality, or even a pseudo-reality should be brutal and hardcore. God forbid we end up in a second coming of the Scream generation- watered down movies for sheltered people who like their endings happy and their villans understandable. I'm not accusing any BD posters of being such folk by the way. Just saying.
                    “One day men will look back and say i gave birth to the twentieth century.”

Jack The Ripper

Comment

• Originally posted by PsychoKidVicious View Post
                      Y'see. this is what I don't understand.

The new TCM franchise stripped away the cartoony elements of Hooper/Henkels series to make it more realistic/true crime. Okay, its still a 'Stretch' (heh heh) but far more realistic than Chop-Top/Grandpa etc in the first two films. THIS is how serial killers are. Hoyt is a psychopath. He's a rapist. He enjoys seeing things hurt. If children had been in the car with Dean and the others, he'd of probably hurt them too. I can't see how his depravity can be faulted when it's a realistic approach to the situation. It scared the shit out of me, because men like Hoyt exist, and for once a horror movie didn't tone down a villans sociopathy, it laid it on the table and showed the real horror of what a situation like that entails. This film made me rethink Platinum Dunes. They had balls to make a film this hardcore.

Ditto goes for The Girl Next Door. People whined about the violence and depravity. Are we THAT liberalized in this society? People actually suggetsed that Farrands (one of horror's best screenwriters IMO) had 'something wrong' with him, because he showed it like it was. It wasn't an enjoyable film in the slightest, it was heartbreaking,AND very important as it had the guts to show kids being evil both under the influence of, and independant of a psychopathic WOMAN. Not a man. A woman.
                      Sometimes I feel that people are less uncomfortable with violence/depravity and more bothered by the implications of the films themselves.

Horror based in reality, or even a pseudo-reality should be brutal and hardcore. God forbid we end up in a second coming of the Scream generation- watered down movies for sheltered people who like their endings happy and their villans understandable. I'm not accusing any BD posters of being such folk by the way. Just saying.
                      I found the girl next door much more harder to watch then these movies..

concidering that story is true

the only thing that the orignal TCM is based on is Ed Gein

Not the Remakes

Comment

• Originally posted by voodoo79 View Post

the only thing that the orignal TCM is based on is Ed Gein
                        Jesus Christ. Here we go again !

TCM is not based on Ed Gein. TCM is merely inspired by Ed Gein. There is a massive difference.

Comment

Jesus Christ. Here we go again !

TCM is not based on Ed Gein. TCM is merely inspired by Ed Gein. There is a massive difference.
                          That is what i ment dont get your panties in a bunch ok it will be alright...

Comment

Yeah, definatly not based on, Even imspired is a bit much maybe. I've read up on Ed Gein, and you can find a movie on him specifically: In the Light of the Moon (2000) It talks a few liberties, but not many, gives you a really good idea of the reality.

TMC only uses several elements in a superficial way. Isolated house, peeps don't really know them, furniture (he never made a lot, only a few pieces), wearing skin (what he actually did was make a "woman suit" out of skin)

Can look him up on Wiki even, the article there actually has a lot of good info.
                            Electric 6 Radio Ga Ga
                            Chemical Romance Welcome To The Black Parade
                            Beatfreakz Somebody's Watching Me
                            The Darkness I Believe In A Thing Called Love
                            Boogie Pimps Somebody To Love
                            Nightcore Land Of Confusion
                            Bif Naked Moment Of Weakness
                            Rend Collective My Lighthouse
                            Dickies Killer Klowns From Outer Space
                            Garbage Special
                            Cardigans My Favorite Game
                            Living Colour Cult of Personality
                            Limousines Internet Killed The Video Star
                            Alien Ant Farm Smooth Criminal
                            Sasha D Russian Girls
                            Scatman John Scatman

Comment

• Originally posted by Willowfang View Post
                              Yeah, definatly not based on, Even imspired is a bit much maybe. I've read up on Ed Gein, and you can find a movie on him specifically: In the Light of the Moon (2000) It talks a few liberties, but not many, gives you a really good idea of the reality.

TMC only uses several elements in a superficial way. Isolated house, peeps don't really know them, furniture (he never made a lot, only a few pieces), wearing skin (what he actually did was make a "woman suit" out of skin)

Can look him up on Wiki even, the article there actually has a lot of good info.
                              ok that is cool but i live about 20 min away from where his house once stood

Comment

• Originally posted by Willowfang View Post

There is a lot of good info around on Ed Gein.

The CI channel docos are quite good to watch and are very informative.

A lot of people seem to think he was a serial killer when in actual fact, he only killed 2 people.

The only aspects used in TCM is the furniture made from body parts and the isolation.

As for the "woman suit", well, that was clearly used for Silence Of The Lambs.

Comment

Working...
                                X