Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imo, there's nothing wrong with adding to the legacy as long as it's a good movie that can stand on it's own merits. The problem with the TCM series is that they seem to just get anybody to put together a movie & end up completely missing the point and flavor of the original.

Comment

• Originally posted by Myerszilla View Post
      Imo, there's nothing wrong with adding to the legacy as long as it's a good movie that can stand on it's own merits. The problem with the TCM series is that they seem to just get anybody to put together a movie & end up completely missing the point and flavor of the original.
      Nightmare on Elm Street
      Halloween
      The Thing (Prequel, but basically a remake)
      Friday the 13th
      The Wicker Man
      Psycho
      Mirrors
      The Hitcher
      Children of the Corn
      Prom Night
      The Fog
      The Omen

Good sequels/reboots are hard to come by (I can only think of 5-6 that are actually good) and there is no reason to continue piling on bullshit movies to make a quick buck, which is what they do and will continue to do for as long as they make money. Occasionally they will hire a good writer/director who gets the source material and it will work (Dawn, Hills, Last House) but is it really worth it?

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
      I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• If they learn to continuously hire people that will actually focus on making a good product then sure, I'd say it's worth it, but that's likely to be something movie studios will never catch on to.

Comment

If they learn to continuously hire people that will actually focus on making a good product then sure, I'd say it's worth it, but that's likely to be something movie studios will never catch on to.
          But that's never going to happen.

For every good remake there's 15 other ones that contribute nothing at all to the genre.

Comment

• Yeah, it may not, but I still stand by my statement. I'm not a person who wants more movies just for the sake of it. I'd like more installments if somebody has a decent story to tell. If not, just shelve it & wait until somebody comes along that does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
              Occasionally they will hire a good writer/director who gets the source material and it will work (Dawn, Hills, Last House) but is it really worth it?
              I think it's the built in fan base and inherent lack of risk that makes these remakes sound choices from a purely business standpoint. As far as being worth it, for them, obviously. Like my great grand daddy Ulysses Ironside "Bulgie" McDowall said, "They will continue to milk the cow as long as it's teats have milk."

Comment

Yeah, it may not, but I still stand by my statement. I'm not a person who wants more movies just for the sake of it. I'd like more installments if somebody has a decent story to tell. If not, just shelve it & wait until somebody comes along that does.
                But when you have a franchise like Halloween, NOES, or TCM, they shouldn't be remade at all.

The only movies that should be remade are shit like The Crazies or Mother's Day. Shitty movies that had potential, and could be improved on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post

The only movies that should be remade are shit like The Crazies or Mother's Day. Shitty movies that had potential, and could be improved on.
                  As far as I know, they already did that. The Crazies reboot was fine, though Mother's Day not so much - aside from Rebecca De Mornays performance it felt pretty dull.
                  "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                  Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
                    As far as I know, they already did that. The Crazies reboot was fine, though Mother's Day not so much - aside from Rebecca De Mornays performance it felt pretty dull.
                    Yeah, they did. I really liked The Crazies and Mother's Day was decent. Definitely better than the originals, which is what I was going for.

Comment

• I decided to watch this movie again just because of the fair amount of love it gets on this board and I disliked it as much as the first time I saw it. It was overall boring with some terribly unlikeable characters. One thing I really did like was the way the boyfriend mask looks. Not sure what made it so appealing but I liked it.

Comment

• I actually liked both masks, even the leather one he had before he skinned the boyfriend. It had this Mankind-esque feel to it that I liked. But, I kind of wish we had gotten to see more of his first skin mask, because it had a creepy look to it, & imo, ranks among the better Leatherface masks of the series.

Comment

Working...
                        X