Dexter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Guywiththegun View Post
    And I cited the first example in my head: a grieving wife. Is it that hard to understand? You turned it around as if I was citing that as an example of Dexter being complex. I was not.
    Then what the hell WAS it again? Because we're starting to go in circles now, and I think the original point is lost somewhere.

It was the first serial killer movie in my head. Sorry, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer showed us how terrible a serial killer can be. Would that example work better for you?
    WHy do you have to have a fucking MOVIE as an example, and not just go off of what I said, and let Dexter be Dexter, only with my point attached? Eh? Whats the problem there, bro? Im not wanting to attach another movie to the point, I want the series to stand on its own. WHich is does, only I had some issues with it.

Maybe there's a misunderstand here on my part, but now you're missing the point because this isn't about how you feel about Dexter anymore. You could have came here and blasted the show because you thought it was slow, gimmicky, anything. I wouldn't give a shit. I see things I loved get ripped apart every day on this forum.

It's about how you say blatantly wrong things and use your elitism to back them up because "you know more than most people" so to hell with the rest of us.
    Fair enough. I never said I was elitist, I simply pointed out a fact. I cant help it that, as a FACT, I DO see more than most do, and can look for more, and expect more than most. How does that make me elitist? And if I AM? Then good. Because I DO expect more, and Im cool with that.

It needs less people like you. Trust me, I know more about this kind of thing then you do.
    Touche, but no, this world needs a million more Liemans, lol. Definitely.

You BLATANTLY said "Dexter will never be a critically acclaimed drama" WHEN IT ALREADY IS, and I supplied sources to prove it. Are you just fucking with me at this point??

PLEASE, read that over and over again, and let it sink in. You said something wrong, and I proved it wrong. Though I understand how hard it is for you to believe that.
    No, youre taking this wrong. Its acclaimed, and well liked. It should be. Its fun, its witty, and it has some great things going for it. This is my fault, because I shouldve made this more clear. Dexter will never get the acclaim for being a great DRAMA....dramatic acclaim, the kind that Supranos, Six Feet Under, ect. got....but you know....I never read the books, maybe its SUPPOSED to be cute, so I cant dispute that, I can only go by what I personally think wouldve benefitted it. I have no doubt that lots liked it, and it got positive reviews....so again, it was my fault for not being clearer about exactly what I meant by that.

You said: "This is why Dexter will be a cult fave among some, and never a legitimate series that gets dramatical critical acclaim."
    I proved: Dexter already IS a legitimate series that DOES get dramatical critical acclaim. (It's even AFI's official selection for Best Television program of 2006 . . "cult fave among some" huh)
    Again, poor wording on my part. Ill concede to that.

You're wrong on this. Flat . . Out . . Wrong. Just admit this point at least and I'll go on my merry way.
    Im guilty of poor wording, but my point is spot on. What this boils down to, is your disdain for my elitist attatude, and nothing more.

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying you're wrong on certain points because you ARE wrong on certain points. How much you like Dexter, or whether or not you like Dexter, or whether or not you hate Dexter, has nothing to do with it.[/QUOTE]

Comment

• Just got done watching the season premier and I must say I am looking forward to this season. I won't give anything away till I see more people post but it's looking to be better then the first season.
      1. John Wick (2014)
      2. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)
      3. Escape from New York (1981)
      4. I Saw the Devil (2010)
      5. Gone with the Pope (2010)
      6. Vigilante (1983)
      7. The 36th Chamber of Shaolin ( 1978 )
      8. Over the Edge (1979)
      9. Inherent Vice (2014)
      10. Freddy Got Fingered (2001)

Comment

• Originally posted by tymishu78 View Post
        Just got done watching the season premier and I must say I am looking forward to this season. I won't give anything away till I see more people post but it's looking to be better then the first season.
        I've got it recorded.

I'll be watching it once the wife & kids are asleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by superfry View Post
          I've got it recorded.

I'll be watching it once the wife & kids are asleep.
          You won't be disappointed.
          1. John Wick (2014)
          6. Vigilante (1983)
          8. Over the Edge (1979)
          9. Inherent Vice (2014)

Comment

• The OnDemand service I have is showing the entire first season for free, so I'm going to check it out soon.

Comment

• Great 1st episode. Love, love the ending!

Comment

• do they have season one on dvd yet to catch up?:confused:
                Quote stolen from legionsofthedead... The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." -H. P. LOVECRAFT

Comment

• Great start to the season! Its definitely looking like its going to be just as good as season 1!
                  The Dirtiest Player in the Game.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaurieStrode View Post
                    do they have season one on dvd yet to catch up?:confused:
                    Yes.
                    1. John Wick (2014)
                    6. Vigilante (1983)
                    8. Over the Edge (1979)
                    9. Inherent Vice (2014)

Comment

• Originally posted by cubbiechris View Post
                      Huh? The acting of the cast is fine and Hall is stellar.
                      Doakes is my only complaint as far as acting goes. Hall is absolutely amazing and the rest of the cast is decent

Comment

• Originally posted by LaurieStrode View Post
                        do they have season one on dvd yet to catch up?:confused:
                        They did do a lengthy recap (at least 5 minutes) of the first season at the start of this episode, covering all major plot points. Still, it would be much better for you to see the entire 1st season rather than have all the surprises ruined for you by the recap.

I like the storylines they seem to be setting up this year. Really unlucky break for Dexter with those divers - that's gotta be a huge longshot for his "stash" being found, given the size of the ocean. I just wish I hadn't watched the "preview" that aired right after the episode - I think it gave me more information than I wanted to know.

Comment

• I watched this show for the first time ever today (as the whole first season is available On Demand)

It was alright. Sort of Frailty meets American Psycho... with a love story thing?

I dunno... it sort of hits on every cliche of the sociopath, and then invents some of its own. I'll at least finish season 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doc View Post
                            I watched this show for the first time ever today (as the whole first season is available On Demand)

It was alright. Sort of Frailty meets American Psycho... with a love story thing?

I dunno... it sort of hits on every cliche of the sociopath, and then invents some of its own. I'll at least finish season 1.
                            Do you have to have a showtime subscription to watch it on demand?

Comment

• Originally posted by Doc View Post
                              I watched this show for the first time ever today (as the whole first season is available On Demand)

It's gets better after you get into the story and get used to the characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazygrusem View Post
                                Do you have to have a showtime subscription to watch it on demand?
                                I don't think so, because it shows ads for Showtime... like trying to get you to subscribe, across the bottom. I'm not sure though, because I have Showtime. For me Dexter has its own section under "Top Picks" on the main On Demand menu (I'm totally a digital cable n00b... I've had it for like 3 days.)

Comment

Working...
                                X