Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dexter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by black coffee View Post
    Well, I didn't see that ending coming.

    Who can blame him though? Haha.
    Took me by surprise as well, but yeah she's pretty hot.

    Thought the latest ep was pretty good. I'm enjoying this season again now.

    Comment


    • Latest ep was really good.
      [SPOILER]
      I like where this is going with Hanna and Dexter. It's going to create some interesting conflict with Deb, and with LaGuerta sniffing around that will make things tense. [/SPOILER]

      This season has really picked up and I don't mind the villains this time around. It's a refreshing change from the usual big bad serial killer.

      Comment


      • I'm really enjoying this season it's the best since the fourth. I'm really liking Ray Stevenson's performance amongst many other reasons why I think this season has been very entertaining so far.

        Comment


        • I'm really digging this season so far. I think it's better than season 5 and 6.

          Hanna is a really interesting character, and [SPOILER]the relationship between her and Dexter is definitively my favorite part of this season.[/SPOILER]

          I also think Ray Stevenson is awesome as the main villain.

          Comment


          • I've really warmed up to the villains. As I said earlier it's a change of pace for this show. [SPOILER]I love how they've shown Quinn to be the dirty cop that he is and that he's got a past with these guys.

            [/SPOILER]

            Comment


            • This episode was pretty damn good as well.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Yggdrasil View Post
                This episode was pretty damn good as well.
                I thought so too. I like the direction this season has gone in.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
                  I thought so too. I like the direction this season has gone in.
                  Yeah. Lots of suspense and interesting characters.

                  Comment


                  • The scene with Isaak and Dexter at the gay bar was great.

                    Ray Stevenson killed it. Terrific actor.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by black coffee View Post
                      The scene with Isaak and Dexter at the gay bar was great.

                      Ray Stevenson killed it. Terrific actor.
                      Agreed. I thought Ray Stevenson was doing a solid job prior to this, but I wasn't connecting with the Isaak character or believing he was serious threat. Showing him in a wounded way around other gay men where he'd feel comfortable, illustrating how he's backed into a corner but still going after Dexter, feels like it upped the ante with the emotional tension.

                      One thing I don't like is that it seems Dexter is utterly incapable of calculating anything one or two steps ahead. Is the plan really to go about your day and [SPOILER]hope Isaak doesn't take a shot at you in a donut shop? You're going to give Isaak an injection in the middle of a bar and what, pretend to walk him out drunk and hope for the best?[/SPOILER] The old Dexter would've been waiting to jump him just outside of the bar or waiting in his closet or something that would never occur to him. This new Dexter runs around trying to kill people in the daylight or in crowded places, when he has no advantage. Logic is kind of going out the window.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by black coffee View Post
                        The scene with Isaak and Dexter at the gay bar was great.

                        Ray Stevenson killed it. Terrific actor.
                        That scene was superb and a really nice touch to the character. Before he was just a run of the mill mobster guy, but that scene really humanized him.

                        Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post

                        One thing I don't like is that it seems Dexter is utterly incapable of calculating anything one or two steps ahead. Is the plan really to go about your day and [SPOILER]hope Isaak doesn't take a shot at you in a donut shop? You're going to give Isaak an injection in the middle of a bar and what, pretend to walk him out drunk and hope for the best?[/SPOILER] The old Dexter would've been waiting to jump him just outside of the bar or waiting in his closet or something that would never occur to him. This new Dexter runs around trying to kill people in the daylight or in crowded places, when he has no advantage. Logic is kind of going out the window.
                        This has been happening for three seasons now. Dexter is no longer a calculating killer. He's a super hero serial killer who doesn't even follow his own code most of the time now. He just kills when he feels like it, anytime and anywhere. You just have to accept this to enjoy the show.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
                          This has been happening for three seasons now. Dexter is no longer a calculating killer. He's a super hero serial killer who doesn't even follow his own code most of the time now. He just kills when he feels like it, anytime and anywhere. You just have to accept this to enjoy the show.
                          Hmph, alright then.

                          Comment


                          • This week's episode was great!

                            [SPOILER]I really liked the twist that Dexter ended up working with Issac.[/SPOILER]

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
                              This has been happening for three seasons now. Dexter is no longer a calculating killer. He's a super hero serial killer who doesn't even follow his own code most of the time now. He just kills when he feels like it, anytime and anywhere. You just have to accept this to enjoy the show.
                              If you ask him he's still following the "code". He doesn't just kill whoever, whenever, wherever? He kills when he feels obligated to protect his secret, or to save himself from being the one on the other side of the table.

                              I don't think we've been watching the same show.
                              B-D Forum Rules l Forum Tips For Noobs l Posting Made Easy

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Shape View Post
                                If you ask him he's still following the "code". He doesn't just kill whoever, whenever, wherever? He kills when he feels obligated to protect his secret, or to save himself from being the one on the other side of the table.

                                I don't think we've been watching the same show.
                                It's not so much his codes but his method. In the first few seasons it was all about the kill room and covering his tracks. Now he's just killing his targets out in the open, like on beaches and firing ranges in full view of everyone.

                                Latest ep was really good but this show now has a habit of offing it's more interesting characters early. First it was Brother Sam and now Isaak. I was really warming up to him.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X