No announcement yet.

Dexter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is such a fresh approach to a show. It is about violence of course, and we see him killing people, but the majority of the show is in his head, reacting to the normal people around him and trying to pretend to be normal, until he spots people like himself. The voiceovers are a bit much at times, but this show is so good.

Comment

I'm still catching up on this show, but I like how they have so many people from horror movies. The mom from Pet Sematary, Emily Rose, just to name a few.

Comment

I've heard about it, just haven't watched it. I do want to check it out and luckily I can since the episodes are available to watch on On Demand.

Comment

Originally posted by NoOne View Post
          I've heard about it, just haven't watched it. I do want to check it out and luckily I can since the episodes are available to watch on On Demand.
          Do it now bro. It is a great show.

Comment

Originally posted by HurricaneCris View Post
            I'm still catching up on this show, but I like how they have so many people from horror movies. The mom from Pet Sematary, Emily Rose, just to name a few.
            The mom from Pet Sematary?

Comment

the closest I can get to watching this is in my head...I've got the book and I'm halfway through it! It's hard to put down...but he tells it in his own perspective. The way in which he has to fake like he feels....even towards his own adopted sister...is soooo creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by twoslowjoe View Post
                The mom from Pet Sematary?
                Yep. In the flashback when Dexter's father was dying. It was the mother Rachel Creed, played by Denise Crosby, who was poisoning him. And Dexter killed her.

Comment

Originally posted by HurricaneCris View Post
                  Yep. In the flashback when Dexter's father was dying. It was the mother Rachel Creed, played by Denise Crosby, who was poisoning him. And Dexter killed her.
                  I didn't even notice her.

Comment

Odd but there is a Dexter Michigan ....

Comment

Easily the best thing to come along since The Shield. It's fresh, interesting, and always keeps you on your toes.

I can't get enough of Michael C. Hall as Dexter.

Comment

I finished the first book...got the second in the mail...and the third is not out yet. I managed to catch 4 of the eps via torrents. But I can honestly say its essentially the first book but with so many more layers! If anything the pace of the show is moving so quick that I can assume season 2 will be the second book....The book is very clean and precise...but the show gives much more depth to just bit players. The entire Mob angle with Doakes is something new, as well as the sis making Homicide pretty damn fast. I am wondering why they've been downplaying how dumb Laguerta is. In the book she is constantly mocked for being a complete and utter shitty detective. I think they dont wanna get attacked by the Latino community...who knows.

Also I dont belive in Spoiler bars...tooo tempting...PM me if you wanna know who the 'real' killer is...hehhehhe

Comment

wanna know the REAL secret behind DEXTER?

HERE IT IS.... SPOILERS ABOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEWARE.....

SPIOLERS LIKE FUCKING MAD

(highlight from here)

first off... the ice truck killer is in fact the prostetic doctor, aka... DEXTER'S SISTER'S (DEB'S) BOY FRIEND.... and.... IS DEXTER'S LONG LOST BROTHER............ YES. BROTHER. 2 more episiodes to go... tell me I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by NanaharaShuya View Post
                            the closest I can get to watching this is in my head...I've got the book and I'm halfway through it! It's hard to put down...but he tells it in his own perspective. The way in which he has to fake like he feels....even towards his own adopted sister...is soooo creepy.
                            Yeah Jennifer Carpenter is brillant at protraying his sister. She has brought the character from the book to life. She is really talented. There is also supposed to be a cliffhanger in the series finale of this great show. We'll just have to wait a little longer so we can tune in and watch.

Comment

I've just heard that Michael C. Hall is nominated for a golden globe. I wish him all the best. Weeds was also nominated along with Michael Ealy of Sleeper Cell.
                              I just can't wait for the season finale.

Comment

Great sounds like another show i'll probably miss out on, sound good too. Hmmm might have to download the first ep or something...
                                XBL - Zombie Dime
                                GTA V
                                Borderlands 2

Comment

Working...
                                X