Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ruemorgue View Post
    "Future of Dexter in Doubt"

WTF.... Does he really spend the whole 20 million a year and needs another 4 million to cover his bills so he doesn't become homeless? I don't think that question is too extreme, I mean, seriously, WTF, 20 Million for 1 years work (more like 9 months) and he's going to risk loosing it over 4 million? geezus, Fight for a private chef in the break room while you are at it too.

I love "Dexter the serial killer", but I'm really starting to hate "Dexter the materialist".
    Zombies | Eat Me | Eric | Salvage Yards | Female Serial Killers

Comment

• Originally posted by ruemorgue View Post
      I'm a big Hall fan, but pretty disappointed in his greediness. I'm sure something will be worked out though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nightmare View Post
        I'm a big Hall fan, but pretty disappointed in his greediness. I'm sure something will be worked out though.
        Yeah, this is the stuff that you hate to read about actors and athletes. Just makes them look bad. Now, we don't know how much Showtime is making off of Dexter. They could be (and probably are) make a killing from the show.

Comment

• It's entirely possible he just wants what's fair. He knows they can't continue the show without him, so why not use a little leverage?

Comment

• What's fair? 20 mil is more than fair. No one on Earth deserves to get paid that much money, especially not for a job as comfy as acting on a TV show for a year or two.

Comment

• What an asshole....

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

What's fair? 20 mil is more than fair. No one on Earth deserves to get paid that much money, especially not for a job as comfy as acting on a TV show for a year or two.
                This is Hollywood, though. Not the real world. It seems silly to argue about that much money to us, but for them it's nothing. Who knows what he was paid for previous seasons?

Comment

• I know there was more involved, but look what happened to Charlie sheen when he demanded a few more million on the series "two and a half men" he got replaced. The downside is that Dexter can't be replaced, unless that blond chick from season 5 has a sex change and calls herself Dexter and mirrors his image to carry on his work after dies off.

At any rate, as mentioned previously, 20 million is more than most will see in a life time, let alone a year. Some people just need to get off their materialistic high horses.
                  Last edited by OnlyZombies; 10-05-2011, 09:33 PM. Reason: Typo correction

Comment

• Originally posted by OnlyZombies View Post
                    I know there was more involved, but look what happened to Charlie sheen when he demanded a few more million on the series "two and a half men" he got replaced. The downside is that Dexter can't be replaced, unless that blond chick from season 5 has a sex change and calls herself Dexter and mirrors his image to carry on his work after dies off.

At any rate, as mentioned previously, 20 million is more than most will see in a life time, let along a year. Some people just need to get off their materialistic high horses.
                    I don't think Sheen was replaced for asking for more money. He was replaced for talking mad shit about his boss. Forgot what he said, but it was something antisemitic (his boss is jewish).

Comment

I don't think Sheen was replaced for asking for more money. He was replaced for talking mad shit about his boss. Forgot what he said, but it was something antisemitic (his boss is jewish).
                      Ya I think I remember that being a factor to, as well as his alcohol abuse. Some of these actors just baffle my mind on how they can so easily ruin a good thing. But then, as someone else mentioned, it's just TV and not reality for them. For lot's I'm sure they have to see a head shrinker occasionally to try and help them separate their acting from reality.

Comment

• So 2 mil an episode, 12 ep season, prolly takes a week per, so 24 mil for 3 months work a year...

Must be nice...
                        I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willowfang View Post
                          So 2 mil an episode, 12 ep season, prolly takes a week per, so 24 mil for 3 months work a year...

Must be nice...
                          Yeah, and meanwhile there are tons of people right now living in poverty who can't even find a job, and this Hollywood asshole is complaining about an extra 4 million he won't make...disgusting.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• I bet that Showtime exec wished he had kept his fucking mouth shut, on their plans to keep Dexter running for as long as the ratings stay strong.

As far as the television landscape is concerned, Hall kind of deserves it. Still though, pretty douchy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willowfang View Post
                              So 2 mil an episode, 12 ep season, prolly takes a week per, so 24 mil for 3 months work a year...

Must be nice...
                              No, he's asking for $24,000,000 for 2 more seasons and not one. So he will basically make $1,000,000 per episode and not $2,000,000.

Comment

• Originally posted by sarsoor View Post
                                No, he's asking for $24,000,000 for 2 more seasons and not one. So he will basically make $1,000,000 per episode and not $2,000,000.
                                Ah, so 4 more million over 2 years. Still, not sure it changes a whole lot.

Also, just gonna go ahead and put spoilers on this, not sure if it needs it tho.

[SPOILER]I'm beginning to wonder if Olmos' character is real, or just in that guy's mind...[/SPOILER]
                                I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

Comment

Working...
                                X