Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The best Female protaganist in a horror film?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alice Hardy from Friday the 13th and Sarah from Day of the Dead.

Comment

My Fav would have to be Adrienne King in the 1st Friday the 13th film..
      I Think We're gonna need a Bigger Boat!

Comment

Rose McGowan as Cherry Darling in GrindHouse deserves a mention. (At the very least.)
        I just love the way she says the F-word!
        Last edited by Beyond; 07-11-2007, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Hmmm... iam not sure if i have a favourite but some i enjoy:

Black Christmas (1974)- Jessica Bradford
          Underworld- Seline (if that counts)
          Silent Hill- Rose Da Silva
          Heart Shaped Glasses.

Comment

i forgot about jessica bradford (Olivia Hussey) from the first black christmas
            Hail The Prince Of Saiyans

Comment

Originally posted by sweet_machete View Post
              Underworld- Seline (if that counts)
              Of course it does! I second that notion.

I also think April O'Neal was cool. (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)

-Jordana Brewster in TCM:TB (Jordana covered in blood was a large portion of why I liked that movie)
              -Cherry Darling...a gun for a leg is fucking brilliant...I was psyched when I first saw those previews.

more too, but I can't think right now. Just woke up ya see...

Comment

Originally posted by vegeta View Post
                i forgot about jessica bradford (Olivia Hussey) from the first black christmas
                Olivia Hussey is the most beautiful woman to ever live. If you dont believe me, watch Romeo and Juliet (196 and marvel at her untrammeled, innocent fifteen year old beauty. She looks like an angel, or a porcelan doll. Her eyes alone will make you weep. She's still striking now, presumably in her mid 50's.
                sigpic RUN from this man!

Comment

Weaver from ALIEN. She created her own Archetype.
                  "I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other."

- Frankenstein's Monster.

Comment

I'll go for Nancy from ANOES, very resourceful and smarter than the average scream queen.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer View Post
                      Oh yeah, and Catriona McCall(sp?) from the fulci flicks of the early 80's. Her eyes, man...her eyes!
                      Indeed, she's superb in these. The fear and haunting vertigo in The Beyond... Aaahhh!

To ad one to the list, I'd say CÚcile de France in Haute Tension; Sexy, feminine, deadly and talented!
                      Dr Bo,
                      Man of Kitsch, robots and glamour. And some horror too.

Comment

I wonder there's non-scream queen female protagonists in horror films who is exactly like a male lead who mostly spends the entire film or much later in the film with a shotgun or any other weapon on her hand that goes around shooting/slicing whoever is the antagonists of the film? Although Riply from Alien is the closest one I can think of but there has to be others.
                        Nothing but a Bloodstained Raven....

Comment

Originally posted by RedSabbath View Post
                          Let's give a shout-out to Vantia 'Stretch' Brock in
                          Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2!
                          FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Severn View Post
                            Weaver from ALIEN. She created her own Archetype.
                            Originally posted by Pauldowney View Post
                            I'll go for Nancy from ANOES, very resourceful and smarter than the average scream queen.
                            Agreed. And I'll add Kirsty from Hellraiser, and Jamie-Lee's Lori.
                            "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                            Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
                            My little idiot..

Comment

Id have to go with Nancy from NOES as she isnt the typical airhead slut whos only purpose is to get laid , she actually has some smarts abut her.

Second choice would be Laurie from Halloween. She is so innocent and undeserving of what happens to her.

Comment

ZoŰ Lund-RIP

Not horror, but still my favorite.
                                Last edited by indecent actions; 06-02-2009, 07:03 AM.

Is he going to lose both bones?

Comment

Working...
                                X