Gay horror fans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gay horror fans

This may seem like an odd post, but I am curious how many gay horror film fans are out there. As a gay man living in Los Angeles, I am shocked how few I come across (pun not intended, but it's a good one!). It seems gay men have some sort of natural aversion to horror films, I have always had an affinity to them since childhood.
    Anyone have anything to say about this?
    Thanks!
    Derek
    I feel like the baroness in "The Sound of Music". Everyone is off climbing an Alp and I want to shove a guitar up that nun's ass.

Slasher Freak and his boyfriend Guardian something are both gay males. So there you go.

Comment

Not gay myself, but I don't think there's some connection with gay people and the distain for horror films. Being gay doesn't have anything to do with personal taste in genres.

I have an angel on my shoulder, but a devil in my head.

Comment

I didn't mean to try and draw a connection between being gay and not liking horror movies, I just mean that in my experience most gay men I come across don't like horror movies, whereas it seems more straight men like them. That's all.
        I feel like the baroness in "The Sound of Music". Everyone is off climbing an Alp and I want to shove a guitar up that nun's ass.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverDreams View Post
          I didn't mean to try and draw a connection between being gay and not liking horror movies, I just mean that in my experience most gay men I come across don't like horror movies, whereas it seems more straight men like them. That's all.
          Yeah I know, and it would seem strange. You just came across the wrong people that's all.

I know gay people who do like horror films. I've even gone to see movies like Devil's Rejects and The Descent with a longtime friend of mine who is gay and me and him both loved em.

The taste for the genre is spotty on all sides really. There are straight men who don't care for horror namely my dad.

I have an angel on my shoulder, but a devil in my head.

Comment

I know that Clive Barker is gay too.

Comment

Closet cases?

But seriously, the only reason it's easier to find straight horror fans is because there are more straight people in the world. Take a look at how many people you know that like horror, gay or straight. It's probably a lot less than those who like comedies or dramas.
              sigpic

Comment

This has nothing to do with anything, but if that is you with Argento in your avatar...I hate you!

So jealous...

Comment

HAHA yes it's me and Argento, hate away! So, I shouldn't show you photos of me and him on the set of NON HO SONNO?

Comment

Feel free, man...don't let my jealously stop you from sharing some great pics!

That's so awesome...

Comment

Yes I'm replying to my own reply in effect. OK, maybe this thread is retarded. But it just struck me as strange, and yes I think you all have valid points. I was once walked out on during a date because we were watching a horror movie and the guy was disgusted that I was enjoying it. It was the original Texas Chainsaw if you're curious what the movie was. It's that kind of thing that strikes me as odd...then again, he was a freak of the highest order.

Comment

HAHA yes it's me and Argento, hate away! So, I shouldn't show you photos of me and him on the set of NON HO SONNO?
                        The fuck do I care? I don't even like him.

Comment

A lot of women are exactly the same way. You just have to find someone with similar tastes, that's all...

I know...it's easier to say than to do.

Comment

Yes I'm replying to my own reply in effect. OK, maybe this thread is retarded. But it just struck me as strange, and yes I think you all have valid points. I was once walked out on during a date because we were watching a horror movie and the guy was disgusted that I was enjoying it. It was the original Texas Chainsaw if you're curious what the movie was. It's that kind of thing that strikes me as odd...then again, he was a freak of the highest order.
                            It's not a retarded thread at all...and there are just as many straight males that have this problem with females too...

Horror films just aren't everyone's cup of tea...regardless of gender or orientation...

Comment

Originally posted by gore_grind View Post
                              A lot of women are exactly the same way. You just have to find someone with similar tastes, that's all...

I know...it's easier to say than to do.
                              Damn...you beat me...I type all that up and you said the same thing in one sentence

Comment

Working...
                              X