No announcement yet.

Werewolf Movies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I havent used the verb form of the word "Roger" ever....
    That's for the middle class folk...
    But nice try with the phonetics Super-duper-Fry.

Comment

Originally posted by bwhite13 View Post
      I thought that An American Werewolf in Paris was pretty good.

I don't like that movie...

but An American Werewolf in London is one of my favorite werewolf films next to The Wolf Man.

Comment

bog off the lot of you theres been only one good movie since awil and thats dog soldiers lol lol sorry lol

Comment

Best Werewolf Movies

Love werewolves...let's see...

THE COMPANY OF WOLVES

CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF

THE HOWLING

THE WOLFMAN

UNDERWORLD 1 and 2

There are more...but those are "the classics" ....according to me.

Comment

I don't think too many werewolf films are made in general, at least compared to some of the other creatures that are more focused on, like vampires and zombies.

So I guess it'd make sense that you can't think of many good recent ones. The Ginger Snaps films and Dog Soldiers are the only ones from this decade that I've seen & liked. Then you got the bad ones like Blood & Chocolate and Cursed. As for Underworld, I liked the first one but I thought the second one sucked. And if you include Van Helsing, that sucked too.

Comment

I would love to see a decent werewolf film again. Out of all the werewolf films I've seen, the only ones I hold in high regard are The Howling, An American Werewolf In London and The Wolfman.
              And Add to that CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF...

I also find it hard to believe no one has mentioned Paul Nashy yet!!!
              Arkham Drive-In - The Home of Lovecraftian Film Trailers

Comment

Originally posted by Ferox13 View Post
                And Add to that CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF...

I also find it hard to believe no one has mentioned Paul Nashy yet!!!
                Oh shit!

Forgot all about those!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowbreedz View Post
                  Did you seriously just recommend Bad Moon?! I thought that was one of the worst excuses for a werewolf film I've ever seen! The transformation scene was H O R R I B L E. I was shocked they even tried to get away with that....
                  I know said I rather liked it, I agree on the crappy transformation, crazyg could have done better with some home movies!(Hope crazyg doesn't read this) I have never seen AWIL or The Howling, been trying to get my hands on them.
                  "I feel a change - Back to a better day
                  Hair stands on the back of my neck
                  In wildness is the preservation of the world
                  So seek the wolf in thyself"
                  Metallica - Of Wolf and Man

Comment

Originally posted by ripnroar View Post
                    I know said I rather liked it, I agree on the crappy transformation, crazyg could have done better with some home movies!(Hope crazyg doesn't read this) I have never seen AWIL or The Howling, been trying to get my hands on them.
                    The story was weak and the transformation scene was mind fuckingly stupid....but the werewolf did look cool after the fact, and that's all I can give the movie

You gotta see those so you have a good basis for comparison lol
                    [I swear I'll fist fuck your brain until I'm smiling again]

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowbreedz View Post
                      The story was weak and the transformation scene was mind fuckingly stupid....but the werewolf did look cool after the fact, and that's all I can give the movie

You gotta see those so you have a good basis for comparison lol
                      Here's how I always like to think of Bad Moon.

If the werewolf in Bad Moon was switched with the Smokey the Bearwolf in Silver Bullet, then Silver Bullet would without a doubt be the one of the best.

Alas, we're stuck with good movie-lousy werewolf, lousy movie-cool werewolf.

I have an angel on my shoulder, but a devil in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyLigeia View Post
                        I don't think too many werewolf films are made in general, at least compared to some of the other creatures that are more focused on, like vampires and zombies.

So I guess it'd make sense that you can't think of many good recent ones. The Ginger Snaps films and Dog Soldiers are the only ones from this decade that I've seen & liked. Then you got the bad ones like Blood & Chocolate and Cursed. As for Underworld, I liked the first one but I thought the second one sucked. And if you include Van Helsing, that sucked too.
                        I actually really liked Van Helsing, it was fun. I guess it did suck though.

Comment

Originally posted by HighlyTENSE View Post
                          Here's how I always like to think of Bad Moon.

If the werewolf in Bad Moon was switched with the Smokey the Bearwolf in Silver Bullet, then Silver Bullet would without a doubt be the one of the best.

Alas, we're stuck with good movie-lousy werewolf, lousy movie-cool werewolf.
                          It's a perpetual circle of hell I love werewolves too. They're my favorite movie monster and yet it's not easy to find a really good werewolf movie. I think Dog Soldiers is as good as it gets, IMO.
                          [I swear I'll fist fuck your brain until I'm smiling again]

Comment

Originally posted by Vivian View Post
                            I actually really liked Van Helsing, it was fun. I guess it did suck though.
                            I don't think I ever walked out of a movie that caused me to take Tylenol for the rest of the night like that movie did.

I hated it, because it was a nonstop action and CGI-FEST that didn't even have a plot to speak of. Just scenes after scenes of ACTION. I was like "My god, are they gonna stop sometime soon to actually tell a story here?"

the approach in getting all the monsters together was contrived and cheap. Dracula was so over the top in his speech, that not only could I not understand what he was saying, but I coulda sworn I felt saliva hit my face a few times. Say it don't spray it Count.

Needless to say, by the time the movie was over I had a pounding headache, and felt nausea.

Overkill in every respect with a hollow center would best describe that abomination.

I have an angel on my shoulder, but a devil in my head.

Comment

I never saw the appeal of films like Skinwalkers and underworld . Too Much Action to really make it a werewolf Film. American Werewolf in London and Silver Bullet are my two favs. Though if you count REALLY BAD werewolf movies. Werewolf on Mystery Science Theater 3000 is by far one of the worst, though I feel kind of guilty as I LOVE watching it, pure cheese factor.

...oh and I HATED Van Hellsing

Comment

Arkham Drive-In - The Home of Lovecraftian Film Trailers

Comment

Working...
                                X