Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Crow, good or bad?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I'm going to have to disagree with the people who say that this is one of the best movies ever made. There are plenty of better films out there.

    That said, it's still a good movie. Plus, it holds up well over time. I watched it again a year or two ago and it hadn't lost anything that made it good back when it came out.

    I think the soundtrack deserves an honorable mention as well. It's still one of my all-time favorite soundtracks. The Cure, Stone Temple Pilots, Pantera, Rage Against the Machine, Nine Inch Nails, Helmet, My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult... Damn. Now I need to go listen to it again.

    Comment


    • #47
      I will say I am a fan of the original film due to its dark nature and soundtrack. I was at the theater on opening night with my grandpa because I was only 13 when it came out and I bought the vhs when it was released. I will also say though that Brandon Lee's performance was overrated. Sure, for what it was he did reat but it certainly wouldnt have given him this legendary status if he wasnt Bruce Lee's son and didnt die while making it. I have seen many people compare Lee and Heath Ledger. I have also seen many people say Heath would have never won an Oscar had he not died, to those people I say fuck off. The Crow will always be a good movie to me because of the time it was released was the perfect time in my life to see it but I really dont understand the cult following it has.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Morningriser View Post
        I will say I am a fan of the original film due to its dark nature and soundtrack. I was at the theater on opening night with my grandpa because I was only 13 when it came out and I bought the vhs when it was released. I will also say though that Brandon Lee's performance was overrated. Sure, for what it was he did reat but it certainly wouldnt have given him this legendary status if he wasnt Bruce Lee's son and didnt die while making it. I have seen many people compare Lee and Heath Ledger. I have also seen many people say Heath would have never won an Oscar had he not died, to those people I say fuck off. The Crow will always be a good movie to me because of the time it was released was the perfect time in my life to see it but I really dont understand the cult following it has.


        one of my favorite movies

        Comment


        • #49
          ^ So it is my understanding that by your standards I am not allowed to have an opinion?

          P.S. Post 666 bitches!

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Morningriser View Post
            I will say I am a fan of the original film due to its dark nature and soundtrack. I was at the theater on opening night with my grandpa because I was only 13 when it came out and I bought the vhs when it was released. I will also say though that Brandon Lee's performance was overrated. Sure, for what it was he did reat but it certainly wouldnt have given him this legendary status if he wasnt Bruce Lee's son and didnt die while making it. I have seen many people compare Lee and Heath Ledger. I have also seen many people say Heath would have never won an Oscar had he not died, to those people I say fuck off. The Crow will always be a good movie to me because of the time it was released was the perfect time in my life to see it but I really dont understand the cult following it has.
            You just explained it's cult status. Most of the unapologetic fanboys of this film(myself included), saw it when they were kids. It was the coolest shit ever, and you will never lose the memory of how you felt after your initial viewing. I never read the comic, or had any idea of the character before hand, but when those credits rolled for the first time, I wanted to be Eric Draven. I was instantly obsessed with the character.

            Sure, if I look at it today, it's a middle of the road revenge/fantasy flick, with some style. It's nothing too special. That being said, I'll always give it bonus points for having a special place in my childhood. It was the very first movie I ever owned.


            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Heretic View Post
              You just explained it's cult status. Most of the unapologetic fanboys of this film(myself included), saw it when they were kids. It was the coolest shit ever, and you will never lose the memory of how you felt after your initial viewing. I never read the comic, or had any idea of the character before hand, but when those credits rolled for the first time, I wanted to be Eric Draven. I was instantly obsessed with the character.

              Sure, if I look at it today, it's a middle of the road revenge/fantasy flick, with some style. It's nothing too special. That being said, I'll always give it bonus points for having a special place in my childhood. It was the very first movie I ever owned.
              For it's time it was a culturally breathtaking film and I absolutely loved it! My brother had the comics before the release of the movie and I skimmed them over saying to myself this isn't a superhero so I tossed it to the side.

              But as opening weekend came upon us the whole family ironically went and seen this diamond in the rough and at the end I too wanted to be Eric Draven.

              The Cure - The Burn will be etched into my brain as long as I live.

              Comment


              • #52
                since the remake is happening, this is who i would cast.

                Eric Draven: Tom Hardy

                Sarah: Chloe Moretz

                Sergeant Albrecht: Gary Oldman

                Top Dollar: Christian Bale

                Shelley Webster: Scarlet Johansson

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
                  since the remake is happening, this is who i would cast.

                  Eric Draven: Tom Hardy

                  Sarah: Chloe Moretz

                  Sergeant Albrecht: Gary Oldman

                  Top Dollar: Christian Bale

                  Shelley Webster: Scarlet Johansson
                  Let me guess, directed by Nolan, written by Nolan, produced by Nolan.


                  I like Tom Hardy for nearly everything, but I kind of like a non tough guy for this role. I don't know who I would pick.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    The Crow is definitely overrated.

                    It's a good movie and I'm a fan, but it's no masterpiece. Well....maybe it is for all those Hot Topic goth teenyboppers out there.

                    My DVD's/Blu's

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
                      Let me guess, directed by Nolan, written by Nolan, produced by Nolan.


                      I like Tom Hardy for nearly everything, but I kind of like a non tough guy for this role. I don't know who I would pick.
                      It would have to be someone low key under the radar because that's how Brandon was.

                      These actors could do Eric in my opinion and keep the independent feel to the movie if that's the route it will take.

                      My suggestions would be for Eric - Jared Leto,Barry Watson,

                      Sarah - Abigail Breslin
                      Sarge - Michael Imperioli he can play the cop with tough but with nice appeal
                      Top Dollar - Viggo Mortensen
                      Shelly - Minka Kelly
                      Darla - Amy Smart
                      Myca - Moon Bloodgood

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Let me guess, directed by Nolan, written by Nolan, produced by Nolan
                        who else would be a better choice? I would love to see Nolan tackle a movie like 'The Crow', it would be soooo good maybe even be better than the original. Its Christopher Nolan, the man is a legend and the greatest director of this generation and maybe possibly all time.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
                          who else would be a better choice? I would love to see Nolan tackle a movie like 'The Crow', it would be soooo good maybe even be better than the original. Its Christopher Nolan, the man is a legend and the greatest director of this generation and maybe possibly all time.
                          I know! Since Eric Draven is pretty much a reanimated corpse, they could just dig up Heath Ledger and dress him for the part and just tie strings around his arms and to his hair so they can move him around and get the guy from Memento to do his voice. Hey! they can also let Ellen Page have a walk on role where she uses big words to come off as smart hiding the fact that she is an obnoxious bitch. Hows that sound?

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            The original is an absolute classic

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Haha, this shouldn't even be a question. The Crow is not good or bad, it's fucking GREAT. One of my favorite films of all times. I love the themes explored within it & the very dark nature of the film. Brandon Lee was superb in it, & I'll forever feel that, much like Heath Ledger, it's a shame we didn't see this young talent rise to become the star everyone knew he'd be.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Myerszilla View Post
                                Haha, this shouldn't even be a question. The Crow is not good or bad, it's fucking GREAT.

                                This is the only correct answer. Well said.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X