No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead (Live-Action Series)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must be a bad link...I'm not seeing anything.
    B-D Forum Rules l Forum Tips For Noobs l Posting Made Easy

Comment

• For one of the most popular shows on TV, AMC sure likes to fuck with it.

Another showrunner has gone the way of Frank Darabont, and will be leaving after season 3.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/12/2...f72b3526000019

I welcome this, 'cause the show has been pretty lackluster since Darabont left, but this just reeks of AMC being cheap. They know the show will get huge numbers regardless, so why let a guy capitalise on it's popularity and pay him a shitload of money to return, when you can offer someone else their dream job, at a lower price.

I'm hoping it's more because AMC also recognizes that the show could be much better, but I doubt it.

Comment

• Maybe it's a "strategy B" networks use on some shows.

Front load a series with big names and ideas. If it only goes onward and upword, you're gold and don't fix it.

But if you get some complaints, which most any show will, change a bunch of crap, create a buzz, and draw in viewers.

Then cut names to save money, charge advertisers same price for a bit longer.

It's like milking the money making code to maximize corporate profits.

Then release it on DVD for extra points...
        Electric 6 Radio Ga Ga
        Chemical Romance Welcome To The Black Parade
        Beatfreakz Somebody's Watching Me
        The Darkness I Believe In A Thing Called Love
        Boogie Pimps Somebody To Love
        Nightcore Land Of Confusion
        Bif Naked Moment Of Weakness
        Rend Collective My Lighthouse
        Dickies Killer Klowns From Outer Space
        Garbage Special
        Cardigans My Favorite Game
        Living Colour Cult of Personality
        Limousines Internet Killed The Video Star
        Alien Ant Farm Smooth Criminal
        Sasha D Russian Girls
        Scatman John Scatman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shape View Post
          Must be a bad link...I'm not seeing anything.
          Sorry, I can see it so I assumed it was a good link. It's just a behind the scenes clip of Norman Reedus talking about working on the show, here you go if you're interested...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1UeZg93-yA

Comment

• Breaking News

AMC’s hit drama The Walking Dead has lost its show runner — again.

Glen Mazzara, who took over the zombie drama’s showrunner position from Frank Darabont last year, is leaving the show.

The cable series that’s brutal about killing off characters is seemingly just as tough to survive as a chief writer-producer. Here’s a flurry of official statements:

Mazzara: “My time as showrunner on The Walking Dead has been an amazing experience, but after I finish season 3, it’s time to move on. I have told the stories I wanted to tell and connected with our fans on a level that I never imagined. It doesn’t get much better than that. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of this journey.”

Here’s a joint statement from AMC and Mazzara: “Today, AMC announces the season 4 pick-up of The Walking Dead. AMC also jointly announces with Glen Mazzara today that for future seasons, the two parties have mutually decided to part ways. Glen guided the series creatively for seasons 2 and 3. AMC is grateful for his hard work. We are both proud of our shared success. Both parties acknowledge that there is a difference of opinion about where the show should go moving forward, and conclude that it is best to part ways. This decision is amicable and Glen will remain on for post-production on [the remainder of the third season, which starts in February] as show runner and executive producer.”

And now here’s Robert Kirkman: “I am in full support of both AMC and Glen Mazzara in the decision they have come to and believe the parties came to this decision in the best interest of the future of the show. I thank Glen for his hard work and appreciate his many contributions to The Walking Dead and look forward to working with him as we complete post production on Season 3. I am also excited to begin work on another spectacular season of this show that I know means so much to so many people. This show has always been the result of a wide range of extremely talented men and women working tirelessly to produce their best work collectively. I believe the future is bright for The Walking Dead. Thank you to the fans for your continued support.”

The news is bound to bewilder fans and more than a few in Hollywood. The Walking Dead hit series-high ratings this fall, beating all the broadcast network shows in the key adults 18-49 demo. This wouldn’t seem to be a wise time to change leadership. Then again, Walking Dead was already a big hit when Darabont exited in the middle of production on season two and many thought changing showrunners might hurt the series then — and it clearly didn’t.

Oh, and yeah, The Walking Dead is now officially renewed for a fourth season. Anybody want a show runner gig?

So...we can only wonder; who's going to come in and take the position?

Frankly, I wouldn't mind having Darabont back (no pun intended), but I doubt that'll happen.

What do you guys think?

Comment

• Sons of Anarchy creator Kurt Sutter put it best:

"AMC is run by small-minded, bottom-line thinkers who have no appreciation or gratitude for the effort of it’s creative personnel. Time and time again we see events like what happened today with Glen Mazzara. They continue to disrespect writers, shit on their audience and bury their network. Mazzara took the work-in-progress that was “Walking Dead” and turned it into a viable TV show with a future. Without him, that future is dim. Showrunners are not development executives, we’re not cookiecutter douchebags that you plug into a preexisting model. TWD will suffer. Even Zombies need consistency. “Mad Men” and “Breaking Bad” will be gone soon. So will AMC. I hope their fucking stock takes a dive and the shareholders line up Sapan, Dolan and Collier and shit in their open hands. Cunts."

Comment

• Originally posted by The Devil's Lyric View Post
                Sons of Anarchy creator Kurt Sutter put it best:

"AMC is run by small-minded, bottom-line thinkers who have no appreciation or gratitude for the effort of it’s creative personnel. Time and time again we see events like what happened today with Glen Mazzara. They continue to disrespect writers, shit on their audience and bury their network. Mazzara took the work-in-progress that was “Walking Dead” and turned it into a viable TV show with a future. Without him, that future is dim. Showrunners are not development executives, we’re not cookiecutter douchebags that you plug into a preexisting model. TWD will suffer. Even Zombies need consistency. “Mad Men” and “Breaking Bad” will be gone soon. So will AMC. I hope their fucking stock takes a dive and the shareholders line up Sapan, Dolan and Collier and shit in their open hands. Cunts."

Comment

• Originally posted by The Devil's Lyric View Post
                  Sons of Anarchy creator Kurt Sutter put it best:

All due respect, the guy is a little delusional. TWD was plenty viable. long before Mazzara took over. If anything, Mazzara let the quality that was found in the first season, slip. He had nothing to do with the popularity of the show. The subject matter did all the work for him, which explains the show's thriving popularity, despite it's lackluster writing.

Anybody can run this show, and it will remain a success. The world will not grieve for Glen Mazzara.

Comment

• Yeah, the show will remain a success, regardless...due to sixty percent of the viewers being the youth who couldn't give two shits about the producer or any of the sort.

Comment

• A bit of foreshadowing going on in this poster maybe?

Comment

• I am going to be selling my collection of The walking Dead. I will be selling issues 21-81 in smaller lots. Including issues that correspond with the upcoming season 3. PM if youre interested or visit...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/cbhpunk/m.ht...&_trksid=p3686
                        All things horror: Splatter Shack and like us on Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post
                          A bit of foreshadowing going on in this poster maybe?

Or maybe [SPOILER]a hand for an eye?[/SPOILER]

On the one hand, I'm looking forward to the show returning. On the other hand, after reading The Walking Dead Compendium One last month, I'm just not sure whether the show can live up to that arc.
                          57 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• This episode was pretty fucking awesome, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yggdrasil View Post
                              This episode was pretty fucking awesome, IMO.
                              [SPOILER]Yeah it was good but Rick needs to be dethroned by Tyress asap, Rick has become a cocknocker of the highest order. He has a tyrannical leader with a small army coming to kill him his family and his friends, he needs ALL the help he can possibly muster in a very short time 'so lets see how many people I can drive away from the group in one episode' and go a little loopy in the meantime [/SPOILER]

Comment

• [SPOILER]I guess anyone in a leader role is going to go nuts in this. But waving a gun at a ghost was a extra special sort of Rick crazy. Thought all the shit hes been though I think he lasted a while with all his marbles. I kinda think Glenn would step up and make a good leader. And Andrea is the next mayor, or at least she will be the buffer between the mayor and the town. I cant wait to see what Merle and Daryl are going to be up to. [/SPOILER]

Comment

Working...
                                X