No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead (Live-Action Series)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Coleman (of The Wire) portraying Tyrese is quite possibly the best casting choice ever. He's perfect for this role.

I've not watched the new episode yet but I really hope they don't fuck up his character like they did with the Governor.

Comment

• Originally posted by kevinb View Post
      Chad Coleman (of The Wire) portraying Tyrese is quite possibly the best casting choice ever. He's perfect for this role.

I've not watched the new episode yet but I really hope they don't fuck up his character like they did with the Governor.
      You mean the way they de-balled the governor? Yeah, he was a psychopath in the comic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elvira Mistress of Dark View Post
        You mean the way they de-balled the governor? Yeah, he was a psychopath in the comic.
        I havn't read the comics (I have to now though )
        I kinda like that the show the evolution of the Gov. Thats on my favorite things about the show, showing how the characters turn from normal to whatever because of all the shit they have to go though/see.

I might not feel the same way after I actually read the comics though.

Comment

• He was beyond evil in the comic!

My Pet Zombie Hates Your Guts But Loves Your Brain!!

Special Thanks to H.P. Pufncraft for making you want to click on my brain!!

My Horror Musings with a Psychotic Twist
          Welcome to the Asylum: You Know You're Certifiable

Comment

• Originally posted by Elvira Mistress of Dark View Post
            Exactly. Dude is straight pussy!
            I've said from day 1 this show would perform better if aired on Starz or Showtime. I mean, AMC is great, no doubt, but a show of this magnitude needs a network that will allow it to fully stretch its legs and showcase just how fuckin brutal it truly is. AMC is not going to allow that. Period.

Comment

• Negan > Governor

Negan finally made his appearance in issue 100, dropped more F-Bombs than an NWA album, wrecked chaos and [SPOILER]brutally murdered Glenn with a baseball bat named Lucille! By far the most violently detailed death yet! Glenn's head resembled a plate of spaghetti. [/SPOILER]

Comment

• Season 3: Episode 9 - Oh man. Campy and weak performance by Andrew Lincoln almost throughout this whole episode. All the hysterics and overacting was just cringe worthy. Daryl pissed me off going on with his bro Merle. Daryl needs to be the leader of the main group for awhile until Rick gets his head together again. I also cant wait for the Governor to be killed off. Steven Yeun is turning in some awesome performances as "Glen". The new group(Tyrese) is an interesting addition too.

7/10
                Last edited by HorrorMovieFan; 02-17-2013, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
                  Season 3: Episode 9 - Oh man. Campy and weak performance by Andrew Lincoln almost throughout this whole episode. All the hysterics and overacting was just cringe worthy.
                  That guy has gotta go. He is absolutely brutal. I'm all for killing him off, and taking the series in a new direction. I think it's time to quit using the comic as a guideline.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                    That guy has gotta go. He is absolutely brutal. I'm all for killing him off, and taking the series in a new direction. I think it's time to quit using the comic as a guideline.
                    It kinda has to happen now, everyones lost respect for him...as well as losing the notion of his sanity. He's dead weight now, I mean even Hershel pulls his weight...and he only has one freaking leg.

Comment

• I wonder if they'll wrap up the prison/Governor story this season?
                      From what I've read online, they are definitely heading into a completely different direction than what the comics but one thing is evident, there's going to be a big brawl with a bus load of casualties.

Who's going to die? My guess is...
                      [SPOILER]Merle (Confirmed), Hershel, Beth, Axel (confirmed), Susan, 1-3 ppl from the Woodbury community such as Milton.[/SPOILER]
                      Last edited by kevinb; 03-25-2013, 07:09 AM.

Comment

• Not sure if this was posted but I just stumbled across it

Sometimes, you just have to be offensive to offensive people - Max Nofziger

Comment

• Originally posted by kevinb View Post
                          I wonder if they'll wrap up the prison/Governor story this season?
                          From the spoilers I've read for tonight's episode, they are definitely heading into a completely different direction than what the comics but one thing is evident, there's going to be a big brawl with a bus load of casualties.

Who's going to die? My guess is...
                          Merle, Hershel, Beth, Axel, Susan (Tyreese's sister), 1-3 ppl from the Woodbury community such as Milton.
                          Hershel is kinda my favorite voice of sanity at this point...plus if he dies then for sure baby kick ass dies.

Comment

• Oh shit!

[SPOILER]Axel didn't last very long.[/SPOILER]

52 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• Latest ep was really good.

They've really stepped things up this season.

Love The Governor and the conflict that's arisen between the prison and Woodbury, although I'm really tired of Rick. He's been the focus for three seasons now, he's lost his wife and has lost it. Why don't the producers create a truly shocking moment and divert from the comics and kill him off.

Comment

• Two great zombie scenes sandwiched between oh-so-much torpor in Sunday the 17 th's episode. The ongoing challange for the creators of this series will be to somehow effectively balance the drama and the zombie action in a way that allows each episode to flow. I thought they were getting a handle on this, but they just keep adding these oddball complications that really affect the pacing. Every new element such as Rick's mental disturbances and the arrival of yet more characters requires explanation which has to be provided by the characters and their interactions. When it's done effectively it provides great dramatic tension that accelerates and enhances the action. When it's not done well, it becomes an encumbrance leading to lengthy explication via tedious dialogue. Drama is fine when it's as hard edged as the subject matter, but alot of the touchy/feely stuff between, say, the Gov and Andrea and especially between Glenn and Maggie just sucks the vitality and forward momentum right out of the episode. I understand that these people are traumatized, but do they have to fuss and flame and backbite like a bunch of tweenies at a school dance? I really think it's unwise to put Rick in a weakened postion. Having him exhibit a fragile mental state weakens his character immeasurably. Unless the hallucinations and the phantom phone conversations are part of some substantial kind of supernatural element creeping its way into the series (like zombies aren't supernatural enough) then it really serves no purpose.

Also, what happened to the non-English speaking Hispanic family that were trapped on the bridge? What the hell is a non-English speaking Hispanic family doing trapped on a bridge in Cracker Fucking Central Georgia during a zombie apocalypse in the first place? They must really be lost. And that car...what's with that car? You have basically your pick of vehicles and you choose to ride out the mayhem in a tiny little red hatch back with no clearance and these itty-bitty doughnut tires? C'mon....

Comment

Working...
                                X