No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead (Live-Action Series)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree that Andrew Lincoln sucks... They could have done much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlayerX View Post
      A decision I still dont fully understand. I love the show but honestly dont think it would have become as popular if it werent for his input in the beginning.
      It's AMC. Every show of theirs has run into similar issues. From what I remember reading, Darabont worked too slow. More like how films are made and less like how TV shows are made. After the show was a hit, AMC wanted to slash the budget.

I thought the finale was a disappointment. Just fell flat. Never had that epic confrontation that everyone was expecting. While it was nice to see the Governor completely lose his shit, it feels almost too late. Like it should have happened a few episodes back.

Comment

A decision I still dont fully understand. I love the show but honestly dont think it would have become as popular if it werent for his input in the beginning.
        AMC is a strange beast. My only guess is that once they realized what a hit they had on their hands, they didn't feel the need to pay a premium for a showrunner. They just got rid of this season's showrunner as well. Maybe nipping it in the bud, before the guy starts asking for a raise due to how much money the show generates for AMC. Just get rid of him, and offer someone else their dream job, at a lower pay scale.

Comment

I think the complaint at the time was that Darabont was too heavy on the drama aspect of the series, and not heavy enough on the zombie action. I think he had a vision of the series as being something that would unfold very gradually like one of his movies. The AMC brass most have gotten nervous and tried to fit his vision to their need for good ratings in the first season. Darabont was never fired, but he left voluntarily, which shows that he was being pressured into making something that he just didn't want to make. I will credit him for creating the initial momentum that got this monolith moving. Now it's up to lesser men to keep it moving. It's a shame because Darabont had an in with the real, established, horror community in terms of writers and other creative people. My biggest fear is that the show will suffer at the hands of people who feel horror is somehow a lesser genre.

Comment

• Eh, I was pretty satisfied with the finale.

Only gripe is that I really wanted to see [spoiler]the Governor die.[/spoiler]

Comment

• Glad I'm not the only one who felt let down by it. [SPOILER]I know that they tried to make Andrea's death have more of a impact but it didn't do anything for me. Idk like if she was more like comic Andrea and did more things throughout the series that was important or did things which made the fans like her more then when it came time for her to die it would have been better but what's Andrea's crowning moment throughout the whole television series? Sleeping with every guy and almost putting a bullet in Daryl's head? This was pretty much a character whose been wanted gone for a long ass time rivaled only by Lori. Some of the writing for this shows characters is beyond terrible. Just imo.[/SPOILER]
              “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Comment

• Fuck it, there's too much unwarranted bitching about this show.

Sure, first half of Season 2 sucked (second half was great) and Season 1 and 3 were both awesome.

The more I think about the finale, the more I'm liking the way they handled The Governor: [spoiler]He's now one of the most compelling characters, and he sets up the next season well. If they killed him they would be completely starting from scratch and just trying to find another cartoon-y villain to 1-up the Governor.[/spoiler]

Comment

• Originally posted by black coffee View Post
                  Fuck it, there's too much unwarranted bitching about this show.

Sure, first half of Season 2 sucked (second half was great) and Season 1 and 3 were both awesome.

The more I think about the finale, the more I'm liking the way they handled The Governor: [spoiler]He's now one of the most compelling characters, and he sets up the next season well. If they killed him they would be completely starting from scratch and just trying to find another cartoon-y villain to 1-up the Governor.[/spoiler]
                  I agree with you on the amount of negativity the show attracts. I guess horror fans are harder to please than regular TV watchers. The problem also stems from the fact that the TWD comic creates a gold standard from which the TV series is judged. Despite it's many faults, the series is still one of the better shows on TV. I'd take it over the majority of cookie-cutter dramas that are out there. At least the creators of TWD are trying to get beyond the formula to create--through lots of trial and error--something that is memorable and unique. I've been startled and delighted and had my pulse ramped up by the better parts of the show, and I've been bored and perplexed and annoyed by it's worst. Season three offered more of the former and less of the latter, so I'll be tuning in next season for sure.

I agree with you take on the Governor as well. He's out there lurking somewhere, which makes him more of a threat than he would be if he were still the king of Woodbury. He'll return more angry, more crazy and more vengeful than ever.

EDIT:

i'm intrigued by this whole business with Carl and the kid he shot in cold blood. It's another instance where the show points up the ambiguity of whether killing is still cruel and inhuman in this world or somehow expedient and justifiable. Carl's reasons for killing the kid are pretty solid in light of the kill-or-be-killed showdown with Woodbury. Given how the situation turns out, however, it was yet another instance of bad judgment. The Governor's practical, soldierly attitude toward killing can not hide his sadism, and certainly some of Rick's decisions regarding people have been fairly cold-blooded, yet he always manages to see his mistakes and take to moral high road. This resistance to lapsing into some sort of black hearted moral relativism is a huge part of this show's dynamic.
                  Last edited by Jack the Pin; 04-02-2013, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• http://tv.yahoo.com/news/walking-dea...162705087.html

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by black coffee View Post

This show does attract a lot of negativity.

Despite some dodgy moments and what I thought to be a weak finale I really enjoyed this season. It was a huge improvement over the second season.

Michone and The Governor are great characters who injected some much needed life into the show.

Comment

• Season 3: Episode 16 - Goodbye Andrea!! I knew there was gonna be a shocking death for the finale, but didnt think it was gonna be her. Andrea pissed me of a few times this season, but I am sad to see her go. I am gonna miss watching Laurie Holden, as I am big fan of hers. I think I'd rather have Beth or Hershal or even the baby offed for a shocking death moment. Anyways, this season finale episode was poorly done. The editing was weak and too fast and was just too damn rushed. Not to mention some very lowkey death scenes and gore. Where was all the blood and gore? Chop this episode down as weakly edited, directed, and written. Also add, it was the worst season finale for the series so far.

7.5/10

Comment

• I don't get the hate the whole show gets, especially the finale. Sure, it is not the best show around, acting or plot-wise spoken. But I still enjoyed many moments, though I facepalmed myself at least a dozen times.
                              Though, that little Carl brat is getting on my nerves. The talking with his daddy after his kill - boy, this little fucker talked down to Rick, not conversely! That dwarf needs prolly the blonde young pussy in the group in order to keep his mouth shut. He is so damn annoying.
                              Wasn't surprised that Andrea is now dead and gone, unfortunately in a pretty cheap manner. The off-screen action bugged me too.
                              Originally posted by SlayerX View Post
                              Three things really irked me...

1. No major deaths. I wanted to see someone go out in a blaze of glory, making a last stand to defend another

2. Carl. Whats with the little psycho mentality? Im gonna start calling him mini-Shane

3. Governor fully snaps and is on the run. I want this motherfucker DEAD.
                              All of this, especially point one. I expected a lot more carnage and major kills than this.

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                              The quality of the acting has dropped considerably, ever since Darabont got canned. In the first season, everyone was on point. Since then, the acting has been very hit or miss, as has everything else.
                              I noticed that too. The acting even felt sometimes so damn cheesy, that it was hard to sit through a specific scene.
                              On the other hand, the zombie kills in manner and amount were completey satisfying. Can't bitch here at all.
                              Originally posted by black coffee View Post

True dat as well.

Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post
                              "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                              Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
                                I don't get the hate the whole show gets, especially the finale. Sure, it is not the best show around, acting or plot-wise spoken.
                                And you don't understand the hate this show gets? Without acting or plot, you don't really have much of a show, now do ya?

My problem is that it should be sooooo much better than it is. Much like the past three seasons of Dexter. I'll still watch it. It's not putrid, like a CW show or anything, but it's not nearly as tight as it should be, or has been in the past.

Comment

Working...
                                X