The Walking Dead (Live-Action Series)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
    And you don't understand the hate this show gets? Without acting or plot, you don't really have much of a show, now do ya?
    I think the nay-sayers are bitching and complaining on a very high level. Not every series can hold up to the likes of Boardwalk Empire, Game Of Thrones or Breaking Bad. The Walking Dead did deliver the goods, zombie and horror fans were getting what they wanted: decent gore and zombie action in almost every last episode - though the plot and acting were sometimes too paper-thin. But after every season ending, I can live with that - though the satisfaction factor after watching a Breaking Bad episode is far more higher than the Walking Dead one.

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
    My problem is that it should be sooooo much better than it is.
    I know and I basically think the same. But like I said, at the end of the day I am good with the series, though not completely overwhelmed or satisfied.
    "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
    Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• I never hate on this show. Even though it doesn't follow the books beat for beat (which is a common complaint), I still enjoy it a lot. That said, I was really disappointed with most of the second half of the third season. It seemed like it took several episodes for anything to really happen. The finale was especially disappointing. Such an anti-climactic ending left a bad taste in my mouth. I hope Season 4 makes up for the loss of momentum in the third season; otherwise, I can foresee myself losing interest.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
          The Walking Dead did deliver the goods, zombie and horror fans were getting what they wanted: decent gore and zombie action in almost every last episode - though the plot and acting were sometimes too paper-thin.
          You can only hold someone's attention for a short amount of time with gore and zombie carnage before it start's to get boring, and this show proves that. The whole point of The Walking Dead, from the conception, was to explore the human condition within the zombie apocalypse; complex or cool characters for you to get emotionally invested in. I can honestly say there's no character in the show I really care a whole lot about. Which is why when they get offed arbitrarily, it just feels devoid of emotion.

I don't think the series is totally worthless. What's frustrating is that there are glimpses of genius and great quality television, but it's shrowded in a sea of boring plot development and crappy acting. Like Heretic said, it could be a whole lot better than it is. Whoever takes over now that Mazzara is off the show, better be a damn good writer and bring an equally good writing team with him.
          Last edited by The Devil's Lyric; 04-04-2013, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post

lol

Comment

• I am still loving the show, but that finale was to slow and really weak compared to past season finales.

My Pet Zombie Hates Your Guts But Loves Your Brain!!

Special Thanks to H.P. Pufncraft for making you want to click on my brain!!

My Horror Musings with a Psychotic Twist
                Welcome to the Asylum: You Know You're Certifiable

Comment

• [YOUTUBE]i5-DW5S5_gw[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Man those kids are fucking youn around 1:11

Some of those lines are well timed against the video.

Comment

• "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                      Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• [YOUTUBE]jR4lLJu_-wE[/YOUTUBE]

made me bust out laughing at work...

Comment

• Originally posted by BeRightBack View Post
                          [YOUTUBE]jR4lLJu_-wE[/YOUTUBE]

made me bust out laughing at work...
                          A coworker of mine passed that link around at work. Fucking hilarious

He said, "hit gold," not, "hit a septic line and get shit spewed in my face".

Comment

• crying and pissing
                            sigpic
                            "I have a sentimental weakness for my children,
                            and I spoil them, as you can see.
                            They talk when they should listen."

Comment

• TWD First Book

I just started reading The Walking Dead's first book. It's called The Rise of the Governor and it's Philip's story as well as him, his brother and his daughter Penny (who hasn't been bitten at this point in the book). So far it seems really good. The next book, which is about Mulberry, I'll be reading next. I'm liking the book. It's pretty damn good.
                              "Living in a world where vampires are the dominant species is about as safe as bare backing a five dollar whore."

KIK MESSENGER ACCOUNT: TODESQUEENCM

Comment

• Originally posted by DerTodesQueen View Post
                                I just started reading The Walking Dead's first book. It's called The Rise of the Governor and it's Philip's story as well as him, his brother and his daughter Penny (who hasn't been bitten at this point in the book). So far it seems really good. The next book, which is about Mulberry, I'll be reading next. I'm liking the book. It's pretty damn good.
                                I liked this one a great deal more than the few graphic novel I read from the series. It went into much further detail and outlined a whole new series of arcs that gave some pretty good background, while also exhibiting great action and vicious kills. I liked it too.

Comment

Working...
                                X