No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead (Live-Action Series)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont have a problem with it, considering theyre not even halfway through in the comics. I also love the show

Comment

• Oh Snap

Last edited by Mr. Bill; 07-11-2014, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• [YOUTUBE]NC8Q00MHwhE[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• This show <<<

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
          I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• I really hope that little pipsqueak, Gap model isn't the main villain for the season.

Meh, looks like more of the same mediocre shit.

Comment

• It didn't look so awful, though there were quite a few spoilers that I could have done without. I think any horror-themed series that manages to capture the attention of a vast section of the TV viewing audience deserves some kudos. Sure TWD is flawed, and sure there were some episodes in season 4 that were absolutely dead (and not in a good way), but overall I have to give this show credit for keeping people interested. I think you guys are hating on this thing just for the sake of hating on it, and to expect some sort of Citizen Kane with zombies is asking a bit much--this is television after all.

It appears that the group will be mobile again this season, and it also appears that they will be moving into more urban environs which means more carnage. The country zombies were starting to get a bit too thinned out, so it will be good to get back to a No lights, Big city chomping ground with lots more undead flailing about in close quarters. Judging from that one huge explosion that sent zombie parts flying every which way, I believe that the production team has raised the bar a bit higher for next season. I can only assume that AMC is behind this thing 100% and is willing to pump even more money into it to make it look good. It's really only a matter of time before past mistakes are rectified, bad writers are fired, lame characters are eaten, and that the show will rise to the level of greatness that is expected of it. I know I'll be watching the premier on Oct 12th, and I'm really looking forward to it.
              Last edited by Jack the Pin; 07-27-2014, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack the Pin View Post
                I think any horror-themed series that manages to capture the attention of a vast section of the TV viewing audience deserves some kudos.
                Okay... kudos to The Walking Dead?

Still doesn't change how shit everything is

Originally posted by Jack the Pin View Post
                I think you guys are hating on this thing just for the sake of hating on it, and to expect some sort of Citizen Kane with zombies is asking a bit much--this is television after all.
                Nah. Go watch the episode where Beth got drunk again and tell us we're hating on it just to hate on it.

I can only assume that AMC is behind this thing 100% and is willing to pump even more money into it to make it look good. It's really only a matter of time before past mistakes are rectified, bad writers are fired, lame characters are eaten, and that the show will rise to the level of greatness that is expected of it.
                Don't believe this for a second. As long as people continue to watch (Which they will) nothing will change.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• I'm not a fanboy of The Walking Dead, in fact I never heard of the comic book till the show came out. I find the show really good and it does it's job of keeping me entertained in that slot of time. With out the show, I would just be re-watching some old 80's horror flick, masturbating, or eating, so yea, I like it.

NOTE: I never said I still don't do all three of those things while watching the show.

Comment

• Jesus could they give away any more in that trailer?

Seeing Rick say "they are screwing with the wrong people" again irks me just the same as it did when I first saw it.

And my God, a plan through season 12!?! I like this show for what it is but that is legit overkill.

There is no arguing that their are episodes of this show that are there because this show goes 16 eps instead of the standard 12-13.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                      Meh, looks like more of the same mediocre shit.
                      Yep. Actually, in the past they've put together some pretty great trailers (even if the seasons didn't live up to it), but that one was just very underwhelming so God only knows how it'll turn out.

Sure TWD is flawed, and sure there were some episodes in season 4 that were absolutely dead (and not in a good way), but overall I have to give this show credit for keeping people interested. I think you guys are hating on this thing just for the sake of hating on it, and to expect some sort of Citizen Kane with zombies is asking a bit much--this is television after all.
                      I've never asked for much with this show, yet I'm still consistently disappointed by it. There's occasional flashes of greatness which prove that it could be a whole lot better (and annoyingly are probably the reason I'm still watching) so there's no excuse for how far it has descended into the shitter.

Judging from that one huge explosion that sent zombie parts flying every which way, I believe that the production team has raised the bar a bit higher for next season. I can only assume that AMC is behind this thing 100% and is willing to pump even more money into it to make it look good.
                      The explosion looked every bit as bad as the one at the CDC in season one. Also, for a channel that birthed the likes of Breaking Bad and Mad Men, I'm actually disappointed that they obviously have no interest in this thing whatsoever - there's no quality control at all and as long as TWD is a the cash cow that it is I'm sure they intend to keep it that way. Hell, I don't even blame the writers for this shit - they're incompetent, but the fact that AMC don't even care makes them the real malefactors in all of this.

Comment

• Looks as if Beth gets her own story arc this season.

I'm not sure this is such a good idea. Granted, it allows for continued variety in terms of episode plotting, but I doubt Emily Kinney has the acting crops necessary to become even a partial focus of the series. Obviously her breakout moment has been in the works for some time, and one has to wonder how it is that the suits decide who gets to shine and when, but I think the execs are betting a lot on what is basically a lame horse.

Comment

• Afraid to say im pulling out for the show guys, after that awful finale i just dont think i can take it anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Formaldehide&Seek View Post
                            Afraid to say im pulling out for the show guys, after that awful finale i just dont think i can take it anymore.
                            But...but....but...

We were planning on bringing your character forward this season. In ep. 4.6 you get your hands on some tequila and sit around the campfire singing show tunes while wearing a moldy lampshade on your head. You're so tanked that you tell Carol how beautiful she is and then challenge Daryl to a squirrel eating contest--bad idea on both fronts. Then, still in the throes of drunkenness, you assemble a group of hockey helmeted retarded children hold up in an orphanage and organize an expedition to the south western playa in an attempt to find the fabled Fountain of Youth. You awake in the cold light of sobriety realizing your exploits have all been a drunken fever dream (Carl warned you not to eat the worm) only to discover that a clutch of undead ex-McDonalds employees have eaten your legs up to the knee. Miraculously, you survive, but you become fixated on going to Broadway to star in an ad hoc revival of Porgy and Bess.

Comment

But...but....but...

We were planning on bringing your character forward this season. In ep. 4.6 you get your hands on some tequila and sit around the campfire singing show tunes while wearing a moldy lampshade on your head. You're so tanked that you tell Carol how beautiful she is and then challenge Daryl to a squirrel eating contest--bad idea on both fronts. Then, still in the throes of drunkenness, you assemble a group of hockey helmeted retarded children hold up in an orphanage and organize an expedition to the south western playa in an attempt to find the fabled Fountain of Youth. You awake in the cold light of sobriety realizing your exploits have all been a drunken fever dream (Carl warned you not to eat the worm) only to discover that a clutch of undead ex-McDonalds employees have eaten your legs up to the knee. Miraculously, you survive, but you become fixated on going to Broadway to star in an ad hoc revival of Porgy and Bess.
                              I'm sorry but me and some of the cast are just not getting alone at all, Chandler Riggs keeps on stealing my cigarettes and Norman is just so dull, i cannot work with these people.

Comment

Looks as if Beth gets her own story arc this season.

I'm not sure this is such a good idea. Granted, it allows for continued variety in terms of episode plotting, but I doubt Emily Kinney has the acting crops necessary to become even a partial focus of the series. Obviously her breakout moment has been in the works for some time, and one has to wonder how it is that the suits decide who gets to shine and when, but I think the execs are betting a lot on what is basically a lame horse.
                                This is The Walking Dead. You don't seriously think they'll let a tiny thing like shitty acting get in the way of their shitty writing, do you?

Comment

Working...
                                X