The Walking Dead (Live-Action Series)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Devil's Lyric View Post
    I'm not sure which one I would definitively say is the best (as each one has had it's ups and downs). October is definitely seeming like an annoyingly long time to wait for sure.
    I'd say this was the best season of the show so far. Even up until halfway through the fourth season the characters were still taking shape and becoming who they are now. Now they feel like how they should have felt a few seasons ago.

The writing in this show is so confident now. The writers know exactly who they want these people to be and waste little time with all the filler that we've seen from this show in the past. As Rusted was saying a bit ago, the development in these characters feels so much more organic as of late.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
    I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
      I'd say this was the best season of the show so far. Even up until halfway through the fourth season the characters were still taking shape and becoming who they are now. Now they feel like how they should have felt a few seasons ago.

The writing in this show is so confident now. The writers know exactly who they want these people to be and waste little time with all the filler that we've seen from this show in the past. As Rusted was saying a bit ago, the development in these characters feels so much more organic as of late.
      I completely agree. The second half of season 4 and the entire season 5 has been such a huge upswing for this show. Now that the characters, especially Rick, have accepted what their world is now like, and that humans are worse than the zombies it's added such a nastier layer to whole show. I'm loving it.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
            I completely agree. The second half of season 4 and the entire season 5 has been such a huge upswing for this show.
            Yeah, that's true too. Still think of Slabtown as the turning point, but the tides started to turn around that stretch of three or so episodes with The Governor last season.

My only problems with the fifth season relate to how familiar it all feels. We've done the group "community" thing a bunch of times now and it never works. Only this time it almost felt like a do-over for the writers to finally get it right this time.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
            I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Season 5 was definitely the best by a long stretch. I attribute a lot of that to Scott Gimple being the head honcho now. He had written some of the more memorable episodes in past seasons.

Comment

• Just re-watched "What Happened and What's Going On" and would have to say this is my favorite episode. Forgot just how emotional this episode was and a heavy tearjerker.

Comment

Working...
                X