No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead (Live-Action Series)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'The Walking Dead' Pilot Gets Green Light at AMC!

Fucking. Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Alkaline View Post
      Honestly, I'm stunned. I never thought this would actually come true.

Sweet. Sweet. Sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
        Honestly, I'm stunned. I never thought this would actually come true.

Sweet. Sweet. Sweet.
        Frank Darabont is one of us. Only vastly richer and more talented.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
        Jurassic World - 7/10
        Speed - 8.5/10
        John Wick - 9.5/10
        The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
        Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

I had my issues with the Mist, but Shawshank is obviously amazing, so I feel like this is going to be in good hands. I'd like to see him stay on board as an exec. producer at the least, but if he's only going to direct the pilot, hopefully he'll get the series off to a solid start.

Recent Movies:
          Kick-Ass - 9/10
          The Human Centipede - 7/10
          Iron Man 2 - 5.5/10
          A Nightmare on Elm Street '84 - 8/10
          A Nightmare on Elm Street '10 - 3/10

Facebook
          last.fm

Comment

Jon Bernthal has been cast as Shane, and Jonny Lee Miller is supposedly the frontrunner to play Rick. I would have never thought of Miller for the role (I would prefer a Peter Krause-type), but I enjoy his work so I'm not against the idea entirely.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/19621

Comment

I've always dug Jonny Lee Miller. Granted, I haven't seen him in much, but he's always been very solid.

Comment

AMC Already Picks Up Six Episodes of 'The Walking Dead'!

Pretty much a guarantee that this thing will see the light of day.

Comment

Rick Grimes Officially Cast in AMC's 'The Walking Dead'

Comment

This is the first I've heard of this incredible news. Unbelievable...

Letterbox'd - Horror Etc - The Hysteria Continues - Film Junk - GGTMC

Comment

This project sounds great.

AMC are knocking it out of the park with Breaking Bad so i expect good things to come from this.

Comment

This has the potential to be awesome....AMC has seriously stepped up their game these last few years...

Comment

It's about time!
                          Just look at how good 30 Days Of Night was. alot of hype surrounding that comic. Now WD. I think I'll hang-on to my first issue of the comic a little while longer
                          sigpic
                          Is going CRAZY!

Comment

Darabont + zombie source material = me very excited. Though I do have two concerns, one is it's on AMC. And despite the fact that I love Breaking Bad, I don't know how they'll adapt some of the gorier scenes(assuming there are some, I haven't read the comic yet). And the other concern is the reason that I haven't picked up Vol. 1 yet, I didn't see that many zombies when flipping through the pages of several volumes, or at least not as many as I'd hoped for. Granted, as I only looked at the art, I haven't experienced the story itself. But from what I saw, there were a few zombie scenes here and there, and a whole lot of survivors, leading me to believe that this series revolves around quite a lot of human conflicts with other survivors.

To anyone that's read them, or just Vol. 1 itself, are my fears of small numbers of zombies justified? Or are the books packed with the walking dead? Pun kind of intended.
                            'life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come'

- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantJellyfish View Post
                              Darabont + zombie source material = me very excited. Though I do have two concerns, one is it's on AMC. And despite the fact that I love Breaking Bad, I don't know how they'll adapt some of the gorier scenes(assuming there are some, I haven't read the comic yet). And the other concern is the reason that I haven't picked up Vol. 1 yet, I didn't see that many zombies when flipping through the pages of several volumes, or at least not as many as I'd hoped for. Granted, as I only looked at the art, I haven't experienced the story itself. But from what I saw, there were a few zombie scenes here and there, and a whole lot of survivors, leading me to believe that this series revolves around quite a lot of human conflicts with other survivors.

To anyone that's read them, or just Vol. 1 itself, are my fears of small numbers of zombies justified? Or are the books packed with the walking dead? Pun kind of intended.
                              There are a ton of zombies in the books. I would say that the story centers itself on the relationships between the survivors more.

But, there are some great moments that are truly unforgettable.

Comment

Originally posted by lonniedarko View Post
                                There are a ton of zombies in the books. I would say that the story centers itself on the relationships between the survivors more.

But, there are some great moments that are truly unforgettable.
                                Fair enough, in which case I need to pick up Vol. 1 soon, as I am a fan of zombie related entertainment. Thanks man.
                                'life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come'

- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                                X