The Walking Dead (Live-Action Series)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Walking Dead (Live-Action Series)

Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Mist) is reportedly close to finalizing a development deal with AMC to write and direct a live-action series based on Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead.

The story follows Officer Rick Grimes' never-ending struggle to survive in a world plagued by the undead.

Though no details have been given, AMC's Joel Stillerman promises the series will stay faithful to the tone of the original novels.

If somebody was going to do it, I'm glad that it's Darabont. Still, I really don't want to see this go down the toilet.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/17047

This is a zombie fans wet dream.

I had heard that J. J. Abrams was considering doing it, but having Darabont at the helm is even better.

Comment

Yes!!! This is my favorite comic, and to hear that a genius such as Darabont is attached gives me renewed faith in the glorious zombie sub-genre. Can't wait.

Comment

nice, darabont's proven he can adapt written stories to film well, definitely looking forward to this.
        'life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come'

- Lester Freamon

Comment

I've never read the original source material of the comics, as I'm not much of a comic book reader. But the concept for the TV series, and the talent behind it, is what has me completely and utterly hook line and sinker.

Comment

It'll be cool as long as they make it differ from the comic; I want to be surprised when I watch TV. I don't want a panel for panel translation.

Comment

I will give it a watch since I love zombies. Plus this comic has been on my to read list.

My Pet Zombie Hates Your Guts But Loves Your Brain!!

Special Thanks to H.P. Pufncraft for making you want to click on my brain!!

My Horror Musings with a Psychotic Twist
              Welcome to the Asylum: You Know You're Certifiable

Comment

I have never heard of this comic, and AMC is a shitty network so color me unimpressed.

Comment

This is indeed awesome news. But I would be even more excited if it was going to air on HBO. From a gore standpoint I imagine it'll be somewhat neutered on AMC.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                  Jurassic World - 7/10
                  Speed - 8.5/10
                  John Wick - 9.5/10
                  The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                  Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

The Walking Dead(Live-Action Series)

I'm not to sure if i'm to crazy about the idea of amc doing a minie series of The Walking Dead and i'm sure i won't be happy with the cast either. I've just about read all the graphic novels and it is probably one of the best stories I've ever read in my life and i'm not sure if amc can really capture the essence of the grapic novel. I know if i was at the helm of this movie it would not be on amc it would either be a theatrical release or i would see if I could make a deal with HBO. I also think either James Marden or Nathan Fillion should play officer rick grimes I would love to see either of them as rick grimes.

The Only Thing For Sure Is Nothing Is For Sure

Comment

The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead cast If I was at the helm of the casting

Rick Grimes...Nathan Fillion

Shane....Lieve Scriber

Lorie Grimes....Ashley Judd

Glenn.....Aaron Yoo

Allen.....Oliver Platt

Dale....Peter Jason

Tyreese....Michael Jai White

Hershel Green....Chris Cooper

Maggie Green....Faruza Balk

Michonne....Vivica A. Fox

The Governer.....Daniel Day Lewis

Alice....Amy Smart

Andrea....Jaime Pressly

The Only Thing For Sure Is Nothing Is For Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
                        This is indeed awesome news. But I would be even more excited if it was going to air on HBO. From a gore standpoint I imagine it'll be somewhat neutered on AMC.
                        Yeah, the AMC thing has me a bit worried. They butcher the shit out of some the stuff they play. Perhaps because it's an original series, they'll be more lenient. Still excited though.

Comment

Walking Dead Creator Talks TV

MTV: There's been some concern that the series might lose its edge being broadcast on AMC instead of one of the less-restricted networks like HBO or Showtime. Is that something you're worried about? Is that even a concern?

KIRKMAN: I had no concerns about that whatsoever, because one of the concerns I have about zombie fiction is when they rely too much on the shocking gore aspects. That's not really the point of "Walking Dead," so to a certain extant, I think it will work better at AMC—because it forces people not to rely on that stuff. As far as "Walking Dead" not having teeth on AMC, if you've ever seen [certain episodes of] "Mad Men" or "Breaking Bad," they push a lot of boundaries as far as content goes.

In fact, I just had a meeting with a bunch of the executives at AMC, and Darabont, and Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert at Circle of Confusion, and the executives were talking to Darabont about his script and they said, "You can't use the F-word." That was the only limitation they gave him. We were all stunned.

Edit: word is that Darabont is only directing the pilot.
                          Last edited by Sea Hag; 09-30-2009, 04:05 PM.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                          Jurassic World - 7/10
                          Speed - 8.5/10
                          John Wick - 9.5/10
                          The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                          Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

Originally posted by Klown View Post
                            Yeah, the AMC thing has me a bit worried. They butcher the shit out of some the stuff they play. Perhaps because it's an original series, they'll be more lenient. Still excited though.
                            I don't think you'll have anything to worry about.

[YOUTUBE]gApZlK9jZzQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]iI2A8bQv2xA[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
                              Walking Dead Creator Talks TV

MTV: There's been some concern that the series might lose its edge being broadcast on AMC instead of one of the less-restricted networks like HBO or Showtime. Is that something you're worried about? Is that even a concern?

KIRKMAN: I had no concerns about that whatsoever, because one of the concerns I have about zombie fiction is when they rely too much on the shocking gore aspects. That's not really the point of "Walking Dead," so to a certain extant, I think it will work better at AMC—because it forces people not to rely on that stuff. As far as "Walking Dead" not having teeth on AMC, if you've ever seen [certain episodes of] "Mad Men" or "Breaking Bad," they push a lot of boundaries as far as content goes.

In fact, I just had a meeting with a bunch of the executives at AMC, and Darabont, and Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert at Circle of Confusion, and the executives were talking to Darabont about his script and they said, "You can't use the F-word." That was the only limitation they gave him. We were all stunned.

Edit: word is that Darabont is only directing the pilot.
                              In a perfect world, Darabont would share an executive producer's credit with Kirkman. The idea of his involvement being exclusive to the pilot takes the wind out of my sails a little bit, but I'm still excited. Kirkman sounds so pleased with the progress of things, it's hard not to be.

In other news, if they should ever cast Aaron Eckhart as Rick... boner time.

Comment

Working...
                              X