No announcement yet.

Most shocking or disturbing movie ever?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone dared seen Melancholie Der Engel? I was just reading the Parent's Guide on IMDb and I nearly threw up!

Also the Vomit Gore trilogy sound absolutely sickening. I have no idea why people want to watch that sort of stuff!

Tumbling Doll of Flesh also sounds nasty as hell!

I would also not want to sit through Philosophy of a Knife. Mainly because it's 4 and a half hours long, but also because it looks like endless grotesque torture which would just feel like hell to watch.
    ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Frey View Post
      My gf used to be a member of Peta and one time she got a dvd in the mail and on the dvd was raw footage of a man taking a small puppy out of a cage and skinning it alive and after it was skinned it was still alive and it was shaking and looked so scaed and then a few minutes later it died. I think Peta along with the ones responsible should be shot in the head. How is showing people shit like that going to change anything?
      Yeah, man!

If there are nuts skinning helpless animals and there is shit in my meat.... just don't tell me!

Comment

• Originally posted by horrorking95 View Post
        Has anyone dared seen Melancholie Der Engel? I was just reading the Parent's Guide on IMDb and I nearly threw up!

Also the Vomit Gore trilogy sound absolutely sickening. I have no idea why people want to watch that sort of stuff!

Tumbling Doll of Flesh also sounds nasty as hell!

I would also not want to sit through Philosophy of a Knife. Mainly because it's 4 and a half hours long, but also because it looks like endless grotesque torture which would just feel like hell to watch.
        I just wanted to quote this for some odd reason. Nice combination there.

Comment

Has anyone dared seen Melancholie Der Engel? .

Yes.

It wasn't that disturbing but it has sick and disgusting scenes. It actually was a beautiful looking film and an extremely hot scene with a woman and some video tape.. and the most believable [SPOILER]knife rape scene.[/SPOILER]

It's only in German language with no subs that I know of. I read up on the storyline before viewing it. Its a long film and nothing happens for a bit, then the madness starts. It has a real animal killing which I don't like..at all. One view is enough for me. I obtained it. I saw. That is it. : )

Comment

• Originally posted by Frey
            so are you saying you eat dog?
            No, what I'm saying is that you shouldn't be surprised that PETA would send you material with shocking images on it. They feel that animals should have the same rights as human beings. Why you would be on a list for an organization that supports animal rights and then be disgusted with them for sharing animal cruelty stories is beyond me.

I'm also saying that people get away with these things because of the attitude, "why show me, I'm not gonna do anything?"

PETA can be extreme and they have some questionable tactics, but people will continue to skin small dogs because they get away with it.

Be aware or don't, but I don't think talking about shooting people in the head for sending you material you asked for is sound logic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frey
              Read my post again, it says my gf was a member, not me.
              Did you watch the material anyway? Did you watch it and say, "geez, thats awful. These people should be killed. Eh. Whatever, I won't do anything."

They send out this material to people that ask for it. Whether it was you or your girlfriend doesn't matter. You knew it was from PETA, an extreme animal rights group, and you got angry about the content.

It's amusing that you are so angry that you want to shoot people in the head over a video that incited such a response, but you don't want to do anything about it.

Comment

• Titanic 2 must be horrific

Originally posted by horrorking95 View Post
                The torture in Philosophy of a Knife isnt very realistic but more 'artistic' (and the score/soundtrack is mindblowing : ) . Men Behind the Sun (same subject) has far more realistic effects but both are pretty disturbing considering the fact people did / are capable to do such things.

The most disturbing movies to me were Subconscious Cruelty, A short film about Killing and (in a different way) Irréversible
                1. The Big Lebowski
                2. The Shining
                3. Martyrs
                4. Session 9
                5. Irréversible
                6. Apocalypse Now
                7. No Country for Old Men
                8. Eyes Wide Shut
                9. Boot, Das
                10. Pi

>> my youtube channel <<

Comment

• Originally posted by ithietkenha View Post
                  I want to see Gummo so bad. I've heard a lot about it, but none of my local video rental stores have it. =[
                  What is Gummo like, because from what I've seen it looks like one of the most disturbing and scariest films ever. Personally, I find surreal and very weird films the scariest and most disturbing and I don't think that I could watch Gummo. I saw one scene on Youtube where a boy's eating chocolate in a filthy bath and something about it made me feel sick. It really got under my skin.

However, because I'm so intrigued by it (and love being scared!) I know that one day I'm going to watch it and regret it because it'll just ruin my life!
                  ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

What is Gummo like, because from what I've seen it looks like one of the most disturbing and scariest films ever. Personally, I find surreal and very weird films the scariest and most disturbing and I don't think that I could watch Gummo. I saw one scene on Youtube where a boy's eating chocolate in a filthy bath and something about it made me feel sick. It really got under my skin.

However, because I'm so intrigued by it (and love being scared!) I know that one day I'm going to watch it and regret it because it'll just ruin my life!
                    I really like Gummo, Harmony Korine has a unique cinematic voice. I've seen it on some "most disturbing movies" lists but I think that's misleading, its not graphic or scary. It is however a grim account (visually and textually) of the aimless lives of some "trailer trash". The emptiness and depravity of it can be described as shocking but more in the John Waters style rather than say Salo or something.

It has hints of surrealism and is very rich visually throughout but its not Lynchian, its got a very simple and minimalistic narrative. I do recommend Gummo though and Trash Humpers also by Korine is similar and amps up the weirdness.

I agree that surrealism is effective at getting under your skin. Without giving anything away I was watching NEDS and out of nowhere came a major surrealist moment (in a film of realism) and it covered me in goosebumps.

Edit: Oh and the entire Gummo film is on youtube

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoggoth View Post
                      Yup, these are somethin' else.
                      I've seen "Faces of Death" .. But not "traces." I think I'll pass.

Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
                      Happiness was pretty damn disturbing.
                      I watched that a few weeks ago. Yeah, disturbing it was.

You know what film really disturbed me? "Feed" .. *Cries*

Comment

• Originally posted by Devonia View Post
                        I've seen "Faces of Death" .. But not "traces." I think I'll pass.
                        I strongly recommend you do. It makes you older, after you watched it. It just sucks you out.
                        "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                        Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Traces of Death

Africa Addio
                          [YOUTUBE]xuqTmY3vAqM[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• It's strange how fake deaths with prosthetics and whatnot often look more gruesome than actual deaths.

Comment

• Salo
                              Irreversible
                              I spit on your grave
                              Cannibal holocaust

Comment

• Salo is definitely in my top ten for the most shocking. It was more how uncomfortable I felt sitting through the movie and I don't get that very often.

Comment

Working...
                                X