Who is your favorite "final Girl"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I haven't seen her in any films, but she does look good.
    "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
    Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
    My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post
      [youtube]3hrgpORbPB4[/youtube]

Comment

• Originally posted by Urdeadlyfriend View Post
        [youtube]3hrgpORbPB4[/youtube]
        Can't watch videos.

Her (its?) face is disgusting, awesome body though.
        "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
        Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
        My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post
          Can't watch videos.

Her (its?) face is disgusting, awesome body though.
          It's a video of her cleavage shots in Bereavement. I like her face, she's gorgeous.

Comment

• Who is the cutest horror 'Final Girls'?

This just means who is the cutest or most beautiful not neccessarly the best

but in my case she is the CUTEST and the BEST Horror final girl of all time.

Dana Polk From Cabin In The Woods. How can anyone not love the tender cute redhead like Dana.

Comment

• http://bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/...ht=final+girls

Comment

• Kirsty Cotton from Hellraiser
                www.mutantville.com

If you can't dig me, you can't dig nothin'.

Comment

• Patricia Tallman as Barbara in NOTLD 90 .

She had a believable character arc and i identified with every action she made.

Comment

• Why is it that women more then men are the sole survivors in horror films? Not being sexist but in horror the men are usually all muscle bound an whatnot and seem like they could kick the killer's ass. I don't get it.

Comment

• Amy Steele aka Ginny from Friday the 13th Part II. For some reason she was always my favorite from the series (always really liked Brenda too). She had the smarts and a little fire in her. Kind of hated the ending where we didn't know for sure if Paul made it or not.

Comment

• Why is it that women more then men are the sole survivors in horror films? Not being sexist but in horror the men are usually all muscle bound an whatnot and seem like they could kick the killer's ass. I don't get it.
                        because most women in horror films can be more sympathic than men. It's that one innocent girl which most of the time is a virgin taking down the evil among her. After going through the trademic event of seeing her friends being killed off one by one and being left all alone to vaquish the evil herself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morningriser View Post
                          Why is it that women more then men are the sole survivors in horror films? Not being sexist but in horror the men are usually all muscle bound an whatnot and seem like they could kick the killer's ass. I don't get it.
                          There's a few reasons for this. An obvious one is that women are seen as more vulnerable so the "woman in peril" angle adds to the suspense and has been proven to work for decades.

It's also important to note that films like Halloween and Alien have a sexuality subtext that explores things such as the "uterine threat" so a female lead is necessary. This leads to lesser films imitating a formula that works.

Slashers are out of fashion though so maybe its time for the imitators to step aside and allow a new direction to be discovered.

Comment

• They need to somehow re-invent the slasher or find a way to change it up (which I imagine isn't easy but could be achieved). With CGI coming along it really hurts the slasher flick (IMO). I want practical effects, suspense, surprises, and good scares I still love my 70 and 80's slasher flicks and watch them often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post
                              They need to somehow re-invent the slasher or find a way to change it up (which I imagine isn't easy but could be achieved). With CGI coming along it really hurts the slasher flick (IMO). I want practical effects, suspense, surprises, and good scares I still love my 70 and 80's slasher flicks and watch them often.
                              Yeah I totally agree and I'm a big fan of the genre. I think the biggest problem is imitation rather than innovation. Films like Hatchet and the remakes although enjoyable offer nothing new which is why they haven't been embraced like their predecessors.

Horror films offer a safe place to explore and release fear (if done well) and the original Halloweens, F13's etc. came just after Vietnam and horrible events like the Jonestown suicide, as well as the AIDS crises. Nightmare on Elm Street even explored the new America via the mistakes of past America (children suffering consequences of parents actions). Directly remaking/imitating these films doesn't explore the fears of contemporary audiences.

Torture Movies have been embraced as at least they tried to be new and contemporary and came during the fear of terrorism, war in Iraq and internet exposure/desensitization. These movies are going out of fashion as well though so I'm waiting to see what the next innovation is.

Comment

• the two best modern horror heriones are...

Heather Miller (TCM 3D)

Dana (the cabin in the woods)

Comment

Working...
                                X