No announcement yet.

Best Slasher films of all time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I just listed my favorites in another thread that was almost the same as this. Am I crazy?

Comment

There are just so many that I really enjoy...
      NOES, Friday 13th, Scream & Halloween series'.
      Candyman
      The Collector
      Motel Hell
      All The Boys Love Mandy Lane
      The House On Sorority Row
      Urban Legend
      I Know What You Did Last Summer
      The Funhouse
      Strange Behaviour/Dead Kids
      Hell Night
      Happy Birthday To Me
      Just Before Dawn
      Silent Night Deadly Night
      Torso
      Pieces
      Black Christmas
      Eyes Of A Stranger
      American Gothic
      Slumber Party Massacre
      Switchblade Romance/High Tension
      The Burning
      The Prowler/Rosemary's Killer
      Sleepaway Camp
      Child's Play
      Maniac
      Jeepers Creepers
      Inside

I'm not just trying to list every slasher film ever made. I genuinely rate all of the films i've listed highly.

A Nightmare On Elm Street tops them all though.
      Halloween comes in 2nd.

"I have no idea where this will take us but I have a feeling it will be both wonderful and strange"

Comment

Originally posted by el terror View Post
        There are just so many that I really enjoy...
        NOES, Friday 13th, Scream & Halloween series'.
        Candyman
        The Collector
        Motel Hell
        All The Boys Love Mandy Lane
        The House On Sorority Row
        Urban Legend
        I Know What You Did Last Summer
        The Funhouse
        Strange Behaviour/Dead Kids
        Hell Night
        Happy Birthday To Me
        Just Before Dawn
        Silent Night Deadly Night
        Torso
        Pieces
        Black Christmas
        Eyes Of A Stranger
        American Gothic
        Slumber Party Massacre
        Switchblade Romance/High Tension
        The Burning
        The Prowler/Rosemary's Killer
        Sleepaway Camp
        Child's Play
        Maniac
        Jeepers Creepers
        Inside

I'm not just trying to list every slasher film ever made. I genuinely rate all of the films i've listed highly.

A Nightmare On Elm Street tops them all though.
        Halloween comes in 2nd.
        Love your list. Big props for mentioning one of the all-time greats The Prowler.

I never saw the Nightmare films as slashers really but I love the series.

Comment

No one's mentioned Slaughter High? I watched this one as a kid and just love it, still watch it from time to time.

And I think I mentioned in another thread that Visiting Hours is one of the most underrated slashers of all time.

I think Black Christmas for right now is my favorite but I still have a lot of these slashers to watch that were mentioned in this thread.
          Razorghosts 2015 AGD

1. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) - James Gunn
          2. Aliens (1986) - James Cameron
          3. Starship Troopers (1997) - Paul Verhoeven
          4. Blade Runner (1982) - Ridley Scott

5. Europa Report (2013) - Sebastian Cordero
          6. Porky's (1982) - Bob Clark
          7. Swingers (1996) - Doug Liman
          8. The Running Man (1987) - Paul Michael Glaser

9. Weekend at Bernies (1989) - Ted Kotcheff
          10. Tucker and Dale vs Evil (2010) - Eli Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Klown View Post
            I like Black Christmas quite a bit, but there is some really,really lame humor that almost completely sucks me out of the film. It is the same problem I have with The Town That Dreaded Sundown. The humor is supposed to release some tension, not completely deflate the film.
            My apologies, but Black Christmas has a humor? You mean the FELLATIO numbers? I think almost every horror movie ever made has lame humor, not just Black Christmas. I don't see how one or two humor weakens the entire quality of the movie, TBH.

If there was some kind of humor in The Black Christmas, I must have missed it. And I think that was because I was too busy trying to not shit my pants because the movie was really frightening.
            Last edited by Emo-rtal Beloved; 09-26-2011, 01:25 PM.

She isn't a scream queen for nothing, right?

Comment

I am a huge fan of Intruder. I guess there is another version of it out there. Is it vastly different and worth tracking down? Is it an improvement over the original? I have always been curious.

Comment

This is really hard it's a toss up between, the orginal Black Christmas and the orginal Halloween. There's of course the arguement that Hitchcock's Psycho was the proto-slasher movie which holds a special place in my heart. Good thread Btw!

" The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Read latest fiction " The Closet by rhill10" in DEMETIONS at http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...t=61754&page=5

Comment

Originally posted by Gapermaker View Post
                  I am a huge fan of Intruder. I guess there is another version of it out there. Is it vastly different and worth tracking down? Is it an improvement over the original? I have always been curious.
                  Yeah I remeber that movie from back in the day I could be wrong but was'nt the Rami brothers involved in that somehow. It was a good, tense slasher.

" The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Read latest fiction " The Closet by rhill10" in DEMETIONS at http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...t=61754&page=5

Comment

My favorite slasher of all time is Black Christmas (1974). I actually found it incredibly frightening & scary.

Comment

Originally posted by Erebus Dirge View Post
                      Yeah I remeber that movie from back in the day I could be wrong but was'nt the Rami brothers involved in that somehow. It was a good, tense slasher.
                      Yeah, they were both in it! I was really taken by surprise to see them both in that movie. That really added a little extra to the movie for me. I really love that movie.

Comment

I find the original Black Christmas very unscary, mostly due to untintentional humor. The killer reminds me of the breather in Student Bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by Klown View Post
                          My list...

Halloween & Halloween II
                          Friday the 13th 1-4
                          A Bay of Blood
                          Stage Fright
                          Pieces
                          Scream
                          Intruder
                          Great list.

Originally posted by Razorghost View Post
                          No one's mentioned Slaughter High? I watched this one as a kid and just love it, still watch it from time to time.
                          I do love that slasher, but there are many other better ones out there.

Comment

I think when it all comes down to it, Maniac is the #1 greatest slasher film of all time. I can't think of anything that even rivals it. You have one of the creepiest villains of all time, possibly the most bloodshed found in any slasher, ultra sleazy atmosphere, a disconcerting score, crude but effective directing, a Tom Savini cameo...the list goes on. Maniac supercedes the slasher label and rightfully becomes one of the very best horror films ever created.

My other close favorites vying for "best of" honors: Friday The 13th, Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter, Twitch of the Death Nerve, Halloween, Black Christmas. Also, it may not be one of the best slashers out there in terms of overall quality filmaking, but I'm extremely fond of Nightmares In A Damaged Brain.
                            sigpic "The dream you can't escape ALIVE!"

Comment

My personal favorite.... Halloween II (1981)
                              sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X