Stagefright
    Tourist Trap
    The house on sorority row
    My Bloody Valentine
    The Prowler
    Curtains
    Hell Night

Comment

someone called prowler an all time great lmmfao - that flick is so fuckin overrated its absurd. lame ass plot, most predictable killer i the history of the sub genre and shitty acting to boot. Literally, the only quality the film had was Tom Savini's work.

Cold Prey 1 and 2 HAVE TO BE CONSIDERED - absolutely STELLAR films! I dont know if anyone listed Candyman, but thats a sure fire bet for one of the best.

Comment

While I agree The Prowler has it faults, it does drag at times....but then to mention the strictly average cold prey in the same breath?

Comment

Originally posted by Beyond View Post
          While I agree The Prowler has it faults, it does drag at times....but then to mention the strictly average cold prey in the same breath?
          Cold prey 1 sucked, but part 2 is actually one of my favorite slashers.
          57 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
            Oh well, I didn't bother with the sequel.

Comment

Hmmm, maybe I'll give it a shot. I didn't bother after the 1st film. Heh.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Beyond View Post
                Oh well, I didn't bother with the sequel.
                Originally posted by CoreytheArsonist View Post
                Hmmm, maybe I'll give it a shot. I didn't bother after the 1st film. Heh.
                I actually saw the second film first, and was extremely disappointed when I finally got around to seeing the first.

Part 2 is a little like Halloween II (the original one, I mean).

Comment

Agreed. 2 is way more enjoyable. Have you seen 3 yet? I liked it, worth a watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Urdeadlyfriend View Post
                    Agreed. 2 is way more enjoyable. Have you seen 3 yet? I liked it, worth a watch.
                    No, not yet. Isn't it a prequel?

Comment

I actually saw the second film first, and was extremely disappointed when I finally got around to seeing the first.

Part 2 is a little like Halloween II (the original one, I mean).
                      I thought the first one was mediocre, but this comparison has piqued my interest.

Comment

No, not yet. Isn't it a prequel?
                        Yes, and I thought it was better than the first as well. Even though a lot of people didn't like it.

Part 2 is the best in the trilogy.

Comment

Yes, and I thought it was better than the first as well. Even though a lot of people didn't like it.

Part 2 is the best in the trilogy.
                          I especially love the song at the end of part 2.

Hey, is something wrong with the bit rate of your gif?

Comment

I especially love the song at the end of part 2.

Hey, is something wrong with the bit rate of your gif?
                            Not sure, it was like that when I found it online..

Sex death in slow-mo.

Comment

Not sure, it was like that when I found it online..

Sex death in slow-mo.
                              Oh Ok, just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by acp35 View Post
                                Love your list. Big props for mentioning one of the all-time greats The Prowler.

I never saw the Nightmare films as slashers really but I love the series.
                                Cheers. I've always seen the NOES series as slashers with an inventive twist.

Originally posted by Razorghost View Post
                                No one's mentioned Slaughter High? I watched this one as a kid and just love it, still watch it from time to time.
                                I only watched Slaughter High for the first time the other day and I found it enjoyable. The kills were inventive and it was a fun flick but it was very low budget.
                                Maybe after several viewings it might move up my list.

Originally posted by Emo-rtal Beloved View Post
                                My apologies, but Black Christmas has a humor? You mean the FELLATIO numbers? I think almost every horror movie ever made has lame humor, not just Black Christmas. I don't see how one or two humor weakens the entire quality of the movie, TBH.

If there was some kind of humor in The Black Christmas, I must have missed it. And I think that was because I was too busy trying to not shit my pants because the movie was really frightening.
                                The scenes with the house mother (or whatever you'd call her) come to mind. I always thought her funny scenes were slightly out of place. The film's still pretty scary though.

"I have no idea where this will take us but I have a feeling it will be both wonderful and strange"

Comment

Working...
                                X