This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erebus Dirge View Post
    Cool! Can't wait for the next one . Maybe it's because what I'm writing at the moment ( Merry Krampus Mr.Shroud or The Yuletide Horror -A Ferryman & Shroud Mystery - A tale about a pair of Victorian Monster Hunting Undertakers trying to prevent more murders of children in a workhouse/orphanage from Krampus and Perchta the belly-slitter a pair of pagan Xmas demons who torture and kill naughty kids at the Yule tide period.) I was thinking maybe something gothic and classic such as Sleepy Hollow, Hammer Horror classics, Mary Shelley, R.L. Stevenson or even Poe. Something even Victorian or even steampunk orientated maybe call it " Penny Dreadfuls" or " Horror's by Gaslight". A new take on Spring Heeled Jack or Jack The Ripper, Sweeney Todd would be cool. Or a dread building Ghost story set in those times.
    We had Classic Creatures before that since became Creature Feature, it was supposed to be any of the Universal/Hammer Monster, we could make sure people know that or just add Humanoid Monsters.
    Electric 6 Radio Ga Ga
    Chemical Romance Welcome To The Black Parade
    Beatfreakz Somebody's Watching Me
    The Darkness I Believe In A Thing Called Love
    Boogie Pimps Somebody To Love
    Nightcore Land Of Confusion
    Bif Naked Moment Of Weakness
    Rend Collective My Lighthouse
    Dickies Killer Klowns From Outer Space
    Garbage Special
    Cardigans My Favorite Game
    Living Colour Cult of Personality
    Limousines Internet Killed The Video Star
    Alien Ant Farm Smooth Criminal
    Sasha D Russian Girls
    Scatman John Scatman

Comment

Originally posted by Willowfang View Post
      We had Classic Creatures before that since became Creature Feature, it was supposed to be any of the Universal/Hammer Monster, we could make sure people know that or just add Humanoid Monsters.
      Yeah that would be awesome like a modern day riff of the old universal studios Versus Monsters series i.e.- Frankenstien versus Wolfman etc. I'm in !

" The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Read latest fiction " The Closet by rhill10" in DEMETIONS at http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...t=61754&page=5

Comment

Originally posted by Erebus Dirge View Post
        Yeah that would be awesome like a modern day riff of the old universal studios Versus Monsters series i.e.- Frankenstien versus Wolfman etc. I'm in !
        You could certainly do a vs., I just meant Universal or Hammer as in Vampire, werewolf, mummy, Creature from the Black Lagoon, that sort of thing.
        Electric 6 Radio Ga Ga
        Garbage Special
        Sasha D Russian Girls
        Scatman John Scatman

Comment

Didn't we have Atomic Horror last spring?

Comment

Originally posted by prettyscary View Post
            Didn't we have Atomic Horror last spring?
            Yes, and we've used Zombie Outbreak and Bad Blood - Bad Families as well. We've use Things That Should Not Be Too.

In the past I had wanted to not use the same theme twice in a row. But two things, given the stage of this we're in, I've decided to list them at the very least, and am thinking we'll see if they get chosen or not.

Since the larger variety of choices worked well last time, that we might expand our available themes to 4 or 5 in the Spring, in which case it wouldn't hurt to have a theme we used before so long as we still have 3 or 4 new ones too. This idea being something I planned to have in the discussion sooner or later.

So do people like the idea of more themes/genres to choose from, like 5 with the possible reappearance of what was used last time, or just 3 new ones and that's it?
            Electric 6 Radio Ga Ga
            Garbage Special
            Sasha D Russian Girls
            Scatman John Scatman

Comment

Originally posted by Willowfang View Post
              So do people like the idea of more themes/genres to choose from, like 5 with the possible reappearance of what was used last time, or just 3 new ones and that's it?
              The more the merrier for me! I've always wanted to try below the surface.

Comment

Originally posted by prettyscary View Post
                The more the merrier for me! I've always wanted to try below the surface.
                Im down for whatever. I like to challenge myself and its been over a year since my book was published and would love a good excuse to write something new.

Comment

Almost time again. And the Spring Write of is theme based, that being the threat needs to fall within the set (usually 2 or 3) theme/genres we pick out of a field of 5-7 prolly.

Normally I'd put a voting thread up the 1st Monday of March, but we haven't even been narrowing those choices down to a poll manageable number, so the poll may have to wait till the 2nd Monday of March.

A quick copy and paste gives us this existing list of ideas:

Atomic Horror
                  Zombie Outbreak
                  Bad Blood - Bad Families
                  Below the Surface
                  Creature Feature
                  Crossroads
                  - (A soul has been sold to some evil power, how's that turning out and/or does someone want to break the contract)
                  Eco-Horror
                  Foreign Bodies
                  - Medical/Science gone bad
                  Historical
                  Holiday
                  Horror-Noir
                  Institution
                  Occult
                  Outer Space
                  Over The Top
                  Slasher
                  Supernatural Menace

So who likes what? Any theme not listed anyone would like to put forth?
                  Electric 6 Radio Ga Ga
                  Garbage Special
                  Sasha D Russian Girls
                  Scatman John Scatman

Comment

Looking forward to the spring write-off
                    Below the surface, eco-horror, institution, creature feature get my top 3 vote
                    All things horror: Splatter Shack and like us on Facebook

Comment

My three are Crossroads, Eco-Horror, Occult.

Also I have one more suggestion - Grimmer than Grimm . Horror shorts based either in a classic fairy tales, using elements from or re-write a popular fairy tale or nursery ryhme. For example -Have the Piped Piper as a pest contoller turned child killer in modern day. Or write something that's like Shrek with sex and violence.

Read latest fiction " The Closet by rhill10" in DEMETIONS at http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...t=61754&page=5

Comment

Below the Surface, Foreign Bodies, Historical

Comment

l like Zombie Outbreak, Occult, and Outer Space. As to themes not listed, l would suggest Dark Fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by Frey View Post
                            Im down for whatever. I like to challenge myself and its been over a year since my book was published and would love a good excuse to write something new.
                            Wow, congratulations on the book! What kind of story is it?

Comment

Another possible suggestion - Childhood's End. Tales written from the point of view of a child , it can be about irrational founded/unfounded childhood fears. The child/children facing a supernatural evil or something far more earthly. Or even their innocence being lost when they stumble upon some dark and ugly secret in the adult world.

Comment

Doh! My idea for "below the surface" has been turned into a movie, it was just released on Netflix!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X