This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in!

...I know I always say that, then time slips by and I waits and I waits and I waits for my muse to stop hitting the stem long enough to give me some needed inspiration, but no....

She just sits there in bed with a deluxe box of Russell Stove'rs assorted bon bons and gives me this greasy chocolate smile. Well I'm tired of her lazy, bon bon chomping ways.

if she doesn't start putting out, she's history. I'll find me a new muse. There's all kinds of muses hanging out at the Port Authority bus terminal just waiting for a guy like me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willowfang View Post
      So it's now August which means we got til the 2nd of September when I post our starting sentences to come up with a guiding theme for them or if we what to go with some other idea for them altogether.

In the last 2 years, I've gone with a certain emotional sense like Loneliness or Isolation. Before that we've gone with setting up an imagine of sorts, like maybe a old house, empty road, or we could go with a creepy cemetery.

If you plan to write something, just say so so I can get an idea of what plans to make.

If you have any ideas for the opening scene or sentences, post those too.
      I have an idea if anyone would be interested. How about the theme of " Versus" or " Duel" , that has so many ways you can go with it. Also I've been playing with the idea of team ups so one half of the writing team writes one perspective while the other writes the one for the adversary.

That's all I've got for now, but I'm in whatever happens.

" The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Read latest fiction " The Closet by rhill10" in DEMETIONS at http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...t=61754&page=5

Comment

• Originally posted by Erebus Dirge View Post
        I have an idea if anyone would be interested. How about the theme of " Versus" or " Duel" , that has so many ways you can go with it. Also I've been playing with the idea of team ups so one half of the writing team writes one perspective while the other writes the one for the adversary.

That's all I've got for now, but I'm in whatever happens.
        Or even think of it as cat-and-mouse, or final girl, like the last part of J.C.'s Halloween.

Not sure how well tag-team writing would work, but sounds interesting
        Electric 6 Radio Ga Ga
        Chemical Romance Welcome To The Black Parade
        Beatfreakz Somebody's Watching Me
        The Darkness I Believe In A Thing Called Love
        Boogie Pimps Somebody To Love
        Nightcore Land Of Confusion
        Bif Naked Moment Of Weakness
        Rend Collective My Lighthouse
        Dickies Killer Klowns From Outer Space
        Garbage Special
        Cardigans My Favorite Game
        Living Colour Cult of Personality
        Limousines Internet Killed The Video Star
        Alien Ant Farm Smooth Criminal
        Sasha D Russian Girls
        Scatman John Scatman

Comment

Or even think of it as cat-and-mouse, or final girl, like the last part of J.C.'s Halloween.

Not sure how well tag-team writing would work, but sounds interesting
          Yeah I think we may have gone over this before and called it Predator and Prey or The Hunter and The Hunted. I think in order or "Tag-Team of Terror" to work there would have to be a closing date for sign ups. That way if one half of the team can't meet the deadline for whatever reason their partnter can still pick up the slack and finish it off. I just think it would be a fun and interesting experiment to run in a write-off. I think that you should pick two people at random or if anyone has a desire to work with someone that would be cool too. Like I said it's just an idea I've been playing with recently. It was triggered during a recent brainstorming session between myself and Robch on a project that we've been battering around for sometime. And the back and forth was awesome. Blew away the writing cobwebs big time for me!

Read latest fiction " The Closet by rhill10" in DEMETIONS at http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...t=61754&page=5

Comment

• 100% in
            All things horror: Splatter Shack and like us on Facebook

Comment

• Nothing ventured, nothing gained, I'm in! Unless we do a tag team, I'd feel terrible hobbling someone with my lack of technical know how. Unless, they wouldn't care.

Comment

• Thread has been slow, but seems like we actually have a good number of people planning to write.

I think We'll go with the versus idea this time, but the sentences I've come up with seem to lack enough freedom for my taste. So I'm thinking we'll just go with "keywording" it this time.

That is, it should be made clear in the first paragraph that the situation is an A vs. B sort of thing. Can be noted to be Us vs Them, 1 on 1, 1 vs many, many vs many, or whatever.

just so the versus concept is clear in that fist paragraph. Hope this is all clear enough, feel free to ask any questions tho.

And note that the kick off is this Monday, just two days from now and we'll have 6 weeks to write.
                Electric 6 Radio Ga Ga
                Garbage Special
                Sasha D Russian Girls
                Scatman John Scatman

Comment

Thread has been slow, but seems like we actually have a good number of people planning to write.

I think We'll go with the versus idea this time, but the sentences I've come up with seem to lack enough freedom for my taste. So I'm thinking we'll just go with "keywording" it this time.

That is, it should be made clear in the first paragraph that the situation is an A vs. B sort of thing. Can be noted to be Us vs Them, 1 on 1, 1 vs many, many vs many, or whatever.

just so the versus concept is clear in that fist paragraph. Hope this is all clear enough, feel free to ask any questions tho.

And note that the kick off is this Monday, just two days from now and we'll have 6 weeks to write.
                  Cool! Got a couple of ideas that could work...

Comment

• Originally posted by prettyscary View Post
                    Nothing ventured, nothing gained, I'm in! Unless we do a tag team, I'd feel terrible hobbling someone with my lack of technical know how. Unless, they wouldn't care.
                    I would team up with you any day babe, no worries!

Comment

• And off we go, we got 6 weeks to write - due on the day of 14th of October, anything in my mailbox overnight - so when I start putting things together the next day Tuesday morning will be fine, stories should be e-mailed to me at: werecrow@earthlink.net

I'd post the usually details, but my new word processor doesn't like the files made in my old one, but I'll get them up once I get that sorted out.

Short and sweet, 5000 word limit, nothing unpostable, that is, graphic sex, racial slurs, and whatever else would be inappropriate.

We'll use the usual rating system, Readability, Atmosphere, and Dread on a scall of 1-5 with the use of half points as well.

We're going with Versus for our overall theme, and rather than specific sentences, just make sure that the reader knows it's a one side vs another side (can even be a single person or creature on either side) in the first paragraph.

Feel free to ask any questions.
                      Electric 6 Radio Ga Ga
                      Garbage Special
                      Sasha D Russian Girls
                      Scatman John Scatman

Comment

I would team up with you any day babe, no worries!
                        Awww...thanks!

Comment

• This is a difficult write off, I havent written anything in far too long, and the theme so not something ive ever had in mind when writing. I have some ideas, but they either feel contrived or cliche....

Comment

• Mine's coming along, readability and concept should be pretty good, but the atmosphere is likely gonna be pretty low, not much horror going on really.
                            Electric 6 Radio Ga Ga
                            Garbage Special
                            Sasha D Russian Girls
                            Scatman John Scatman

Comment

• I have something a little different this time,it all depends if I can get all the parts moving. As always it's all concept.

Comment

I have something a little different this time,it all depends if I can get all the parts moving. As always it's all concept.
                                To bad you were like a year and a half ahead of the times man! That PSYCHO IDOL piece would have been brilliant for this Write off. I forced myself to sit down for an hour last night and write. Its not overtly Cat andMouse and im not exactly moving in a new direction, but I am happy with ti non the less.

Comment

Working...
                                X