No announcement yet.

Horror... In Space!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously judging by my avatar, I am a huge Event Horizon fan! I'm not scared easily by alien movies so I was kind of iffy about watching this movie (that being said Aliens is one of my favs), but it takes the secluded aspect of space with the kind of possessed house, internal fears coming alive, hell, and puts it together to make a fantastic movie. If you haven't seen it, watch it NOW.
    "I'm not gonna hurt ya. You didn't let me finish my sentence. I said, I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just going to bash your brains in. Gunna bash them right the fuck in!" - Jack T

www.youtube.com/horrormoviemonster - check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
      Haven't seen Cargo but there's a french scifi movie called Dante 01 which I enjoyed.

Galaxy of Terror is also pretty good.
      Eww, I did not like Dante 01. Made me think Caro should only direct with Jeunet.

Comment

Originally posted by emmab View Post
        Obviously judging by my avatar, I am a huge Event Horizon fan! I'm not scared easily by alien movies so I was kind of iffy about watching this movie (that being said Aliens is one of my favs), but it takes the secluded aspect of space with the kind of possessed house, internal fears coming alive, hell, and puts it together to make a fantastic movie. If you haven't seen it, watch it NOW.
        I wish Doom had a shitload more Event Horizon in it.

Comment

Mario Bava's Planet of the Vampires was a really good, atmospheric space horror. Pretty much laid all the groundwork for Alien. Some of the shots on the alien planet in Alien look like theyre taken straight from Planet of the Vampires just with a drastically muted color palette.

Comment

I feel like the first two Alien movies are the only really noteworthy ones. Beyond that, most people rely too heavily on the concept and forget to bring the craft.
            READ ME AT horror films 101
            03/28/12 - Feature: Candle Cove
            03/26/12 - Review: The Maker of Gargoyles (Clark Ashton Smith)
            03/04/12 - Review: The Video Dead (Robert Scott)

Comment

Originally posted by Dead & Messed Up View Post
              I feel like the first two Alien movies are the only really noteworthy ones. Beyond that, most people rely too heavily on the concept and forget to bring the craft.
              I aggree although I really actually liked Alien Ressurrection
              " I dont have nightmares, because i give them all to you" - Stephen King

"Want another reason to get the hell out of here? I'll give you the best one: her. Mrs. Carmody. Our very own Jim Jones. I'd like to leave before people start drinking the Kool-Aid."

"A creature that can't be killed wouldn't think killing was right or wrong. They'd simply have no concept of it" - Dr. Harry Adams

sigpic

Comment

There's just not enough space horror out there.

2001 is probably the scariest film I've ever seen. And it doesnt even really qualify.

Comment

Alien > Aliens > Event Horizon > Alien 3 > Galaxy Of Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Jayy View Post
                    Alien > Aliens > Event Horizon > Alien 3 > Galaxy Of Terror

Galaxy of Terror only had a fraction of the budget of the rest of those movies so it's not fair to compare them. Besides, Event Horizon re-used some of the same plot as GoT..

Comment

Somewhere out there a big-budget Dead Space movie is surely being written. right...?

That game is really, basically, Hellraiser in Space. Even down to the giant monument that goes BNNNNNN!

If only John Carpenter could've directed that. In the 80's.
                      Last edited by adamthejohnson; 11-14-2012, 08:20 AM.

Comment

You can't really call pandorum a space horror!

I really loved Pitch Black if you call it a horror but the Riddick series = neato

Supernova wasnt' half bad uhhh Saturn 3 was decent from what I recall.
                        <a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg</a>
                        R.I.P.

Comment

Just saw Planet of the Vampires. Pretty decent 50's-esque space 'horror.' Not really scary, though; coincidentally, not really vampires either.

Comment

So, I just read that Paul Anderson recently found a VHS copy of Event Horizon UNCUT a few months ago, but I dont think theres been any news since. Supposedly containing over 20 minutes of scary stuff (including this number: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK1debnXYlA).

i'd buy that, even a VHS.

Comment

Working...
                            X