Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sasquach & Alien Hunter.......save the cash! Alien Hunter had both Caradine and the dude that played BUCK in Tarintino's latest.....coincidence?
    Humans are the best place to hide

Comment

Death Bed the bed that eats - George Barry
      I saw this while browsing around late one night and decided to get it because it sounded too weird not to check out. Premise - A demonic bed that snores and burps, munches on weary travellers who decide to take a nap on him, while a tortured soul watches all through a painting on the wall providing narration for the bed. Hmmm, I did say it was strange.
      George Barry does a very interesting opening for his movie, where he gives an account of how he made the film in the '70s but no one picked it up. Then late one night, while surfing horror message boards (hehe we all know what that's like) he comes across reviews for his unreleased movie! He finds out that it was pirated somewhere along the way and was released in Europe and he contacted the people who were going to release it on DVD and the rest is history. That part of the DVD was the most entertaining unfortunately.
      The movie itself is a mish mash of comedic elements, flashback galores, and trippy dream sequences. I really can't recommend renting this movie, but at the same time it was oddly interesting because it's just so unique. I mean the bed can't fuckin move and it's still eating people! Anyway if you can fool someone into renting this movie, you can watch it and then laugh at their expense

Comment

Just checked out Jack Frost (the horror) my review here goes...

What's Goin On: On their way to a criminal transport Jack Frost a convicted killer transferred to his execution, when The truck wrecks with a chemical truck and our killer is genetically mutated into the snow, making him a big friggin snocone. LET THE BODIES HIT THE SNOW!!!

Lowdown: bout 8:00 I popped this jem into the vcr and boy was we in for a slasher treat. After Jack turns to the killer snowman he's one mean mofo! He's going after one of the cops in another town that got hm put on death row WARNING: if your looking for a well thought movie and an oscar winner stay away from this one. The opening kicks ass with a guy telling this little girl about the legend of Jack Frost it's kinda sick but hey it pumps my nads...

Pitfalls: okay, complaints since this is B-movie material we get very paperthin acting special effects kids can do for school projects, and this bugs me through the whole movie the sheriff has a kid who looks like he's about 12 gets treated like a fucking 6 year old!! he kinda acts it too i mean c'mon this kid puts fucking antifreeze in his dads oatmeal thinking nothing wrong!!

Killer: Jack Frost is one kick-ass slasher he definately gets an A for originality and he's mean as hell. He shoots icicles and spits oneliners that would put Freddy Krueger and Chucky to shame! i won't spoil em but you hafta hear em to believe em only thing wrong with our killer is he's wayyy too slow as far as doors are concerned

Gore Factor: Red Snocones for everyone!! We get some Icicle impailings, a groovy be-heading, chokings, snowman brains, (no joke) awesome axe trick, Biting a head off, and we get Frost raping a chick GOOD TIMES!!

T-and-A we get a chick with a really nice ass taking a shower and teases us and give us no boobies! for the ladies you get Jack's long smooth carrot

Score: some so n so run of the mill slasher music nothing special

Directing: there are some actual good camera angles in this flick I can't say that the special effects are wonderful but there is effort

All-n-All: It's worth the buy if you have the green believe me Jack is a good flick to add to any collection

PORCH MONKEY 4 LIFE

VISIT THE BOARD!!
        http://p079.ezboard.com/bmonsterrancher4520

MYSPACE USERS! VISIT MY COMICS PAGE!
        http://www.myspace.com/ghoulishcomix

Comment

I just rented recently Mimic 3, for a b-movie I thought iwas done extremely well and doesnt abide to any of the classic conventions of a b-movie (compensating acting for money tc etc).
          The special effects weren't that shabby either, this film can easily be confused as an art film in my opinion, and rightly so.

Comment

I recently saw a few *borrowed* movies... I've been too poor to rent!

first up: make them die slowly

it was good, but nothing shocking, as i've already seen cannibal holocaust. check it out for some pretty nasty gore scenes, if you can find it.

next: chud

not as good as people claimed it was. still, the monster things were sorta creepy, with their eyes. meh. the acting was terrible, though.

Comment

Anyone here see the Miner Murders or Hunting Humans. I have been waiting to rent them till they are put under favorites then I can use my replay card and get the 2 for 1 deal.
              So Far From Real, So Close To True

Comment

i thought hunting humans was mildly retarded. i didn't even finish watching it.

Comment

I watched Nightmare On Elm Street 2 again today, I had seen it years ago but pretty much forgotten it. I see why no one really liked it, it was boring and it was kinda lame. I liked the start, the bus was cool and I liked some of the dreams but overall, it was noting compared to one and three (my personal faves), cant say Ill be seeing that one again in a hurry!

yeah yeah, its not recent, but I saw it today okay?
                  A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Sav's My Space

Comment

Rented The Grudge..."terrifying", at least giving credit to many reviews on the net.
                    Yeah, scary, especially the nightmare part, where a girl wakes up in a room full of cats: four of them are real, the others are ugly peluches...i know, it's a low budget movie, but...but...that's far too lame!! There's some good stuff in there though but, again, it's hard to be scared by people painted light blue going around pretending to be creepy!

Comment

I know "Flesh for the Beast" is getting some knocks, but I enjoyed it.
                      For a straight to video flick-it was funish. The gore scenes were tongue in cheek and extreme-they just popped up and made me laugh.
                      I also enjoyed the quicky ending-a departure from formula.

and the short interviews in the extras were really fun to watch-especially the actor who got his face shovedfake maggoty guts dryly recounting his experience.

I'd give it a 7 out of a 10, but I'll be watching it again for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitHeadGrrrl
                        I know "Flesh for the Beast" is getting some knocks, but I enjoyed it.
                        For a straight to video flick-it was funish. The gore scenes were tongue in cheek and extreme-they just popped up and made me laugh.
                        I also enjoyed the quicky ending-a departure from formula.

and the short interviews in the extras were really fun to watch-especially the actor who got his face shovedfake maggoty guts dryly recounting his experience.

I'd give it a 7 out of a 10, but I'll be watching it again for sure.
                        Damn, I still need to see this!!!
                        THE BIGGEST B-MOVIE FAN LIVING UNDER YOUR HOUSE!

Comment

Just watched Dark Water, cos i heard they were doing a remake so i thought i should watch the good version first before i start insulting the newer one. It was quite good, had some scary moments in, but nothing as good as in Ring or The Eye. Having said that, the plot was more down to earth and it had a really good ending. While not as good as Ring or The Eye, its still a hell of a lot better than the crap ive seen in the cinemas recently. 8/10
                          "Isnt reincarnation just another form of procrastination?"

Comment

"KillJoy" aka "Dumb as hell"

Anyone seen the dumbest movie "KillJoy"? That was the dumbest excuse for a horror movie I have ever seen....Yeah they had me with the lights on the whole time though...Trying to find the romote to cut that dumb shit off...Damn...it didnt scare me one bit which isnt good...lol...
                            *Cold Silent Stare with axe in hand*

Comment

I just found something out...They had a Killjoy part two.....it must be even dumber....If you see A Wicked Clown on the Front of a movie and it says Killjoy at the rental place give it a good laugh for me...Cuase it SUCKED!!...The reason I thought it sucked so much is because it wasnt the classic horror movie...and the way he killed was retarted...and the whole plot was retarted....Al Pacino had a better chance at making a Kids show than that movie scaring me.... Damn Waste of my money..
                              *Cold Silent Stare with axe in hand*

Comment

if we are discussing "recent" horror rentals, Lucky is kinda cool (dog controls man, dog and man kill) , Vicious (stars Tom Savani) is ok too, good F/X , he controls a miltary experiment/monster out in the woods, the order is slow, boring.
                                Leprechaun : Back 2 the hood was decent, had some very funny moments (Leprechauns are funny when they are stoned), not scary at all, Cure is an EXCELLENT thinking man's Asian horror film , I highly recommend it.

Comment

Working...
                                X