Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crime and Punishment In Suburbia: 4.5/5 - Great movie. Not exactly horror but its still good. Plus, it has Monica Keena and James DeBello.

Bleed: 2.5/5 - An OK cheesy slasher. Had some really bad acting but also had some gore and enough nudity to satisfy both genders. Ending sucked...

Jeepers Creepers 2: 4.5/5 - Wow people. What the fuck was so damn bad about it? What were you expecting? Had some really good action/chase sequences alongside being a very fun movie with an awesome ending.

Tonight I got Night of the Demons(Unrated) and The Pool.

Comment

The most recent horror movie i rented was shredder and i have to tell you it wasn't half bad. the acting was better than straight to video acting, the camera work was not amatuer it was almost theatre quality, now keep in mind i did say almost. The acting is better than straight to movie cheese and the backlot of the story is also good. Not a bad movie to rent on a cold night and watch. There are some good kills and some good story lines where they have a feeling that one of the girls in the group is gay. There is a great scene where the girl is sharing a sleeping bag with another girl and the girl starts hitting on the suspected gay girl and the suspected gay girl (her names pike) tells her to get off her and the girl says "i'm not gay i'm just horny" there are some very funny moments and the end scene is also funny. The killer's identity is easy to figure out and you should be able to get it if you pay close attention. The plot of the story is a group of kids go to a closed down ski lodge where a girl has been killed years ago. A rich girls father is planning on buying the ski lodge so her and her boyfriend and a group of friends go there to enjoy a great weekend. Seems the killer doesn't like the kids not following the ski rules so the killer kills them till it gets down to the last kid. If ya want to know more just rent the movie i recommend it highly. and by the way freddy vs jason rules i picked it up this morning.
      Matt: to try to take credit for this kimberly, it was a hate crime

Kimberly: damn right it was a hate crime, i hate you!

Comment

The Amityville Horror and Cut

I've always heard about The Amityville Horror, so maybe I was expecting too much when I finally saw it. It felt like it was ten hours long, and I had trouble not falling asleep, it was so boring to me.

Cut, on the other hand, was a treat. I love slasher films, but it's hard to find any original way to do them, so I was impressed when I saw that this movie was at least trying something new. It had some good gore and passable acting, with one of the best opening sequences I've ever seen.

Comment

I've rented the changeling and Wendigo..
          We serial killers are your sons, we are your husbands, we are everywhere. And there will be more of your children dead tomorrow. -Ted Bundy

Comment

Originally posted by DannyTsk8er78

I thought the The Pool was pretty good. I love the waterslide scene Night of the Demons isn't bad either. I own both, but someone stole my NOTD

My suggestion for a good rental is The Sentinel. It's about a woman who moves into an apartment in NYC, and has creepy elderly neighbors to contend with, alongside the deterioation of her mental health. Unbenknowst to her, she's living on the gateway to hell. Similar to Rosemary's Baby. I don't want to give too much away, so just GO RENT IT.
            J e n n i f e r
            *Beware the lollipop of metocraity. One lick and you suck forever*

Comment

Just recently got The Eye. Maybe it was the hype behind it, but I was expecting more. I mean, the visual direction was awesome. Much props for that, but the story didn't really tag me however the acting was pretty decent. It's not a poorly made movie in the least, but the story drags it greatly. (6/10)

Also saw the first Ju-On (The Grudge). Idea was pretty solid with some ok directing, but the story was almost non-existant and poorly executed(i have heard defense for this claim, and while I wil concede that some people's arguments make sense, I still didn't go for it). The next-to-nothing budget didn't bother me that much until the CGI jaw remains were shown. I'm personally looking forward to the remake and see if they can execute the idea better. And I'm sure by the Gellar will be hungry since it will have been 3 years since Buffy. (4/10)
              LAST 5 FILMS:
              The Departed 8.5/10
              Lipstick and Dynamite 7/10
              Employee of the Month 5.5/10
              School For Scoundrals 5/10
              TCM: The Beginning 3.5/10

Comment

Hey, just found this site today and joined up. I'm a huge horror fan, and have been doing a ton of renting lately.

I rented Shredder and pretty much agree with what was said above. It's not too bad a story, there are some cool death scenes, the actors and actresses are attractive, and there is some suspense. There are a few cheesy effects, but you just laugh them off.

I also rented the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre last night. I'd seen the remake in the theatre earlier this year, and I'm sure I'm probably in the minority, but I like the new one better. The original had no real gore. Not a bad movie though, I'd purchase it.

I rented Children of the Living Dead because it looked like a pretty decent Zombie movie on the box. It also starred Tom Savini. It was however the worst movie ever made. Bad acting, bad script, no plot...bad everything. It's so bad, it's funny. If you wanna laugh at something worthy of Mystery Science Theater 3000, rent it, otherwise, avoid.

I also rented Deep In the Woods. Still not sure what I think of this one. It's a French movie, and I saw the English dubbed version. I don't think I hated it, but I'm not sure I loved it either.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyTsk8er78
                  I forgot to update on these two so here it is.

Night of the Demons (Unrated) - 3/5 - This movie was good, but there was something about it that made it sort of drag on. Had some gore, Linnea Quigley, good FX, an interesting bit with a tube of lipstick, and one very cool ending.

The Pool - 3.5/5 - Not a bad slasher at all. Story wasn't too original, but it was still fun. The killer's mask/suit was pretty cool IMO. The biggest problem I had with it was the lack of original death scenes. Come on now. There is a handful of teens in this but they're all either stabbed and/or slashed with a machete. However, like stated above, the waterslide death was really cool. You also kind of feel sorry for the killer when the motive is explained. Not all that hard to figure out who the killer is.....if you pay attention.

Comment

Originally posted by mardigian
                    I just watched Better Off Dead w/John Cusack for the 20th time. it's a hilarious movie. check it out you dirty meatbags!
                    is that the one with jack black in it and he sings Let's Get it On by marvin gaye in the end?? i loved that scene whatever movie it was
                    If you want to know the taste of a pear, you must change the pear by eating it yourself. If you want to know the theory and methods of revolution, you must take part in revolution. All genuine knowledge originates in direct experience.-
                    Mao Zedong

Comment

btw i rented Night Stalker, i guess it was supposed to be about that Ramirez guy...that movie was so fuckin stupid....the parts where the demon is talking to him in the back seat and shit, i hated that movie has anyone else seen this piece of shit (imo)?
                      If you want to know the taste of a pear, you must change the pear by eating it yourself. If you want to know the theory and methods of revolution, you must take part in revolution. All genuine knowledge originates in direct experience.-
                      Mao Zedong

Comment

That was High Fidelity. A great movie.
                        Goonies Never Say Die

http://dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?c...=thrash+pirate

Comment

Originally posted by Thrash Pirate
                          That was High Fidelity. A great movie.
                          oh yeh you're right..good call , that was a great movie and the part where he was daydreaming about that guy hitting the other guy in the music store with the phone and they all kicked his ass...i gotta watch that shit again now
                          Mao Zedong

Comment

Last night at around 2am I decided to throw on Mae Bia, which is a horror movie from Thailand. I expected to catch some laughs and then drift off to slumber land. Strangely enough not only did I finish the movie, I didn't laugh and I watched the behind the scenes and trailer for it afterwards!

The plotline (without spoilers for anyone interested in seeing it) is a young Thai businessman who has lived overseas for many years returns to Thailand to try and get aquainted again with his heritage. He meets a mysterious (read : HOT) tour guide who he can't get his mind off of. As in most movies, she isn't revealing everything about herself to him. And what he doesn't know, might just hurt him.

As this is billed as a horror movie, it has to have some frightening factor, in this case a Cobra. I guess it would help knowing some background on how the Thai view snakes, but in this movie it doesn't really matter since it's pretty much spelled out for us. It wasn't scary in the least and truthfully didn't come across as a horror movie at all. But, I was totally engrossed in the storyline. I'd say this is more of a Drama with undertones of folk legends. I really liked it.

Since I've never seen a movie from Thailand before, I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of acting skills. Right off the bat, I was a bit put off by the first 10 mins of the film, as there was a dreamlike scene where the background score was from the anime Akira (which I believe was Battle Against Clown) and then there was an irritating passenger on the bus who couldn't act his way out of a paper bag. So I was expecting hokey, over the top hacks after that, but was amazed that everyone else came across rather natural. The film itself looks very professional and some of the shots rather cool. The subs were the small white ones (removable) but I had no trouble reading them 99% of the time.

Personally I'd say this film was great.
                            Would I recommend it to everyone?
                            No, it's not really a film that would entertain the casual movie goer.
                            But, if you can find it somewhere for rental, I'd definately recommend it.
                            Just don't expect a horror movie.

Comment

I saw GO. A great movie, and I saw Election for the millionth time. Both Great

Comment

Watched Dead Alive for the first time and I must say that IS the bloodest movie I've ever seen. I thought it was very entertaining with a hell of a lot of laughs too.

For some reason I kept seeing "ASH" in the lead roll.

Also watched The Road Warrior for the first time in a long time and it still holds up well after all these years unlike some other favorites from the past which have lost their punch over time.

Comment

Working...
                                X