X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Spring Horror Write Off Poll and Sign Ups

Here's our poll.

Vote for your favorite and we'll go with the top 3 or more depending

Added: It occurred to me we haven't done a sign up, not that it matters too much since anyone can always join in at any time, but please just go ahead and declare your intention to submit a story, and as always, no harm no foul is you don't have something ready when the deadline comes.

This lets me get an idea of majority opinion when every I need some input an other such things.
    Below the surface
    25.00%
    Creature Feature
    37.50%
    Crossroads
    12.50%
    Eco-Horror
    0.00%
    Historical
    12.50%
    Institution
    0.00%
    Occult
    0.00%
    Outer Space
    0.00%
    Zombie Outbreak
    12.50%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Willowfang; 03-12-2013, 06:59 PM.
    I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

Below the surface, i cant remember if it was chosen for last years, but i really want to do something wiht this theme as some point. Though i know not what, hopefully if its chosen i will have something in mind.

Signed
    Last edited by Robcbh; 03-12-2013, 08:22 PM.
    All things horror: Splatter Shack and like us on Facebook

Comment

It occurred to me we haven't done a sign up, not that it matters too much since anyone can always join in at any time, but please just go ahead and declare your intention to submit a story, and as always, no harm no foul is you don't have something ready when the deadline comes.

This lets me get an idea of majority opinion when every I need some input an other such things.
      I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

Comment

l went with zombie outbreak. l think it was used previously but l wasn't involved then, and l have a gritty, splashy little idea that l'm hungry to write.

Comment

The way things are going, we may just go with all the themes that get at least one vote.

Everything is so distributed, even if something should get say 3 votes, more than that will have chosen something else.

Comment

I think most of the choices are pretty interesting.

Comment

I'm in as always havent written much since last time so I'm looking forward to it.

Going with Crossroads.

" The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Read latest fiction " The Closet by rhill10" in DEMETIONS at http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...t=61754&page=5

Comment

Hello! Creature feature please!!

Comment

I think i have at least.... an idea for below the surface. Creature feature is amoung my all time favorite genre for films ( i may have suggested it as a genre), and eco horror is something ive always wanted to dabble in ( garbage man is great for that sort of inspiration). Anyway you put it im pumped for this write off

Comment

I'm in....

This will be as good an excuse as any to find and register the word processing program on my laptop. I tried to use it when I first bought the laptop, but microsoft wants this stupid 25 digit code and I'll be damned if I can find it in any of the laptop's onscreen manuals. You would think that the manufacturer would just put it on actual ink and paper and put it in plain sight so a person wouldn't have to beat the e-bushes for hours at a time trying to find the damned thing. You would think the manufacturer would provide an actual ink and paper manual. You could think that until the cows come home and your brain turned to overheated paste....but you'd be wrong. Dead Wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack the Pin View Post
                      I'm in....

This will be as good an excuse as any to find and register the word processing program on my laptop. I tried to use it when I first bought the laptop, but microsoft wants this stupid 25 digit code and I'll be damned if I can find it in any of the laptop's onscreen manuals. You would think that the manufacturer would just put it on actual ink and paper and put it in plain sight so a person wouldn't have to beat the e-bushes for hours at a time trying to find the damned thing. You would think the manufacturer would provide an actual ink and paper manual. You could think that until the cows come home and your brain turned to overheated paste....but you'd be wrong. Dead Wrong!
                      Reading this I started thinking about the movie "In The Mouth Of Madness".

There's prolly a story in there somewhere where a person looking at multiple sources for obscure and arcane information to validate the user key on some program drives themselves mad with forbidden knowledge...

Comment

So far it looks like Creature Feature is winning. I've got a couple of ideas in mind.

" The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Read latest fiction " The Closet by rhill10" in DEMETIONS at http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...t=61754&page=5

Comment

Writing starts Monday for 6 weeks and... once again I'll be on a trip, to Oregon this time for Mother's Day.

The deadline would be the 6th to turn in, but I'm leaving the 8th, so I wouldn't really be able to post them, but I get back the Monday after that, so if we just extend things and make the turn in deadline any time on the 14th, the Tuesday after, then I can start posting on that Wednesday (the 15th) and no more worries.

I'll be gone those last 6 days for any questions or to confirm receipt of the stories, but if they're any problems due to that, then it'll be on me and anyone will get any time needed to get a usable copy to me, just so long as I got at least a garbled one as proof of a timely submission.

That all sound okay to everyone?

Comment

I can't make heads or tails out of what you just wrote. Writing starts Monday, which Monday? Deadline on the 6th...or the 14th....is this April or May? Okay six weeks from some Monday or other with a due date on possibly the first or maybe the second week of some month that is probably May. Gotcha. So we're doing Creature Features? I mean nothing was said, but I looked at the poll and it appears that Creature Features received the most votes. I could be wrong. God knows I've been wrong a few times. What's the minimum/maximum length for submissions? Can I make racist remarks and kill babies? Can I make disparaging remarks about homosexuals and kill babies? Can I make fun of the disabled, particularly as it involves itself with baby killing? How about sex? is there a limit as to how much sex can be packed into a given story between, say, making fun of the Hebs and the feebs and those flannel-wearing lezbo toddler crushers and just your plain old average run of the mill good old American baby killing? Is pedo sex allowed at all? What about bestiality? how can you have a good Creature Features story without a little bestial pedo sex to spice things up? And what about France? Can the story be set in France? Nothing supernatural ever happens in France. How strange is that? maybe it has something to do with Jean d'Arc. Let's blame it on her.

Comment

Whats the theme? Earlier it was stated that we might go with any theme that got a vote. On that note, l would like to change my vote to Below the Surface, which ties it with Creature Feature. Also, l'm with Jack on the whole killing babies thing. Need to know if that's kewl.

Comment

Working...
                              X