Horror movie soundtrack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horror movie soundtrack

I am looking for quality horror movie soundtracks. The soundtrack to the remake of Maniac is outstanding are there any others similar?
    Last edited by opaqueghost; 06-27-2013, 02:41 PM.

If you really want some way out there shit, check out the soundtrack to Sinister. Christopher Young is a genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayy View Post
      If you really want some way out there shit, check out the soundtrack to Sinister. Christopher Young is a genius.
      What the man said. Christopher Young pulls out one amazing score after another. My favorite score from him and one of my favorite horror ones as well is Emily Rose. That fucker creeps so deep inside of you, that you want to rip your flesh of your bones. Über-scary and just plain eerie.

Get it.
      "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
      Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Jaws by John Williams. Maybe not the most scary one but it has extremly well written and recognizable main theme. Rest of the OST is also great if you like more thriller aproach than horror.
        Sleep well...

Comment

I think horror films produce some of the finest soundtracks.

Halloween is superb and creepy as is The Exorcist etc.

But if your looking for more modern horror films I find Inside's soundtrack incredibly creepy with its unusual sounds and the end theme never fails to give me chills. Frontiers is also brilliant, just hear Le Banquet! I also loved the music in The Divide, which I think is highly underrated.
          ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

Prince Of Darkness was pretty sick

Comment

I own and love the Aliens soundtrack.
              [YOUTUBE]Yn0hV53dykU[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Maniac, both the original and remake soundtracks are creme de la creme!

edit: never realized you started the thread because of maniac lol. but check out the original ost

Comment

Nothing beats the Return of the Living Dead soundtrack

Sig by Mossy

Comment

I saw yesterday The Conjuring and noticed an hyper-eerie score there, which tremendously supported the already creepy imagery. I think I will download it.
                    "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                    Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Jayy View Post
                      Agreed.

While watching the movie in the theater, one recurring thought I kept having was how cool the score was.

Comment

Tangerine Dream - The Keep and Near Dark
                        Philip Glass - Candyman
                        John Carpenter - Anything
                        Harry Manfredini - friday the 13th
                        Goblin - Susperia

Non horror

Daft Punk - Tron Legacy

Comment

The Lost Boys soundtrack is worth a listen.

Comment

Working...
                          X