Official Horror Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Horror Draft Discussion Thread

Talk about anything and everything related to the Horror Draft here.

There a few things to figure out before I put up the sign up sheet. The first thing being who should and shouldn't be able to participate. The second thing I'd like to figure out before anything is the rules. I have some rules in mind regarding missing turns:

1. The first time you miss your turn there is no penalty
    2. The second time you miss your turn you have to wait until it is your turn again to make your pick.
    3. The third time you miss your turn...You're out. No excuses.
    4. If you miss two consecutive turns, you're out. There is almost no reason to miss two turns in a row. There will be some exceptions made, but I'll decide that. At the moment, the only way I'll let it slide is if you're at the bottom or the top of a list.
    5. Keep the 18 hour rule.

I'd like to know what you guys think of the rules so far. I'd like suggestions about participants.
    sigpic

Im thinking more along the lines of 2nd time you miss your pick your out. It's not hard to PM someone your pick if you can't do it.

Comment

i say only allow 24 people to join up (including myself) that way it goes alot faster, and it allows only people who are serious to sign up, in order to move in on a window that small you have to be on here constantly, if your on here constantly, that means you wont miss a pick....24 is a good number IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by cKy1711
        Im thinking more along the lines of 2nd time you miss your pick your out. It's not hard to PM someone your pick if you can't do it.
        I was thinking about doing that but I think it might be a little harsh. I know sometimes people can have computer problems or things like that. I'll leave it up to you guys.
        sigpic

Comment

I think the rules are fine.

Also, I will sign up, although, I will be on holiday for two weeks during picking, so I will PM loads of picks to others, and I might be able to get on a computer on holiday, so if I miss my picks, you will know why. And if I am eliminated, I will understand why.

Is that ok with you Tool?

Comment

Originally posted by menasyng
            i say only allow 24 people to join up (including myself) that way it goes alot faster, and it allows only people who are serious to sign up, in order to move in on a window that small you have to be on here constantly, if your on here constantly, that means you wont miss a pick....24 is a good number IMO.
            But you don't know who is serious and who isn't. 24 is too small of a number for such a huge game. This is the main event and it should have as many participants to make it interesting. Plus people will drop out or get kicked out. I do want to limit the particpants but I was thinking around 40 or 42.
            sigpic

Comment

Damn, Ive been meaning to get on one of these drafts since I started on here. I always miss em. So, basically, I kinda want in on this one. Rules sound good, BTW.

ITS A FIDAY THE 13TH MOVIE! WHATS TO REVIEW? YOU KNOW WHATS GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN! IF YOU LIKED IT BEFORE YOU WILL NOW, IF YOU DIDNT SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO RENT A MY LITTLE PONY MOVIE AND CRY IN A CORNER!
              +26 Trader

Wii: 6359-1123-8521-2187 | MK: 0130-2350-0007

Comment

Originally posted by The Nightmare
                I think the rules are fine.

Also, I will sign up, although, I will be on holiday for two weeks during picking, so I will PM loads of picks to others, and I might be able to get on a computer on holiday, so if I miss my picks, you will know why. And if I am eliminated, I will understand why.

Is that ok with you Tool?
                That's fine.

Jesus, my post count is going to fly off the handle.
                sigpic

Comment

I'd be more willing to kick out anyone with a post total under 300 if they miss ONE TURN. It's one thing waiting on regular posters who got tied up doing shit, but anyone who has been playing these games knows for a fact about 2 or 3 newbies sign up for the game and never show up IN EVERY GAME.

Since the Horror Draft IS the big draft, it should only be open to regular members and frequent posters.

Comment

Those rules sound fine to me. I wouldn't mind having 30 or 32 people participate in this. Let's just make sure it's an even number. And to anyone, pm me your choices if you feel you won't be around when your turn comes up. I have a good track record when it comes to posting other peoples selections in these games. Oh, and you better get in on this bad boy Stoney.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                    Jurassic World - 7/10
                    Speed - 8.5/10
                    John Wick - 9.5/10
                    The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                    Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

Originally posted by kiddcapone
                      I'd be more willing to kick out anyone with a post total under 300 if they miss ONE TURN. It's one thing waiting on regular posters who got tied up doing shit, but anyone who has been playing these games knows for a fact about 2 or 3 newbies sign up for the game and never show up IN EVERY GAME.

Since the Horror Draft IS the big draft, it should only be open to regular members and frequent posters.
                      Well, post count can be looked at but I don't think it should be the deciding factor. It should be like you said, for regular members. There are people that come on daily and just don't post. But when people start signing up, we can give them the boot if most people agree they aren't a regular member.

Originally posted by Sea Hag
                      Those rules sound fine to me. I wouldn't mind having 30 or 32 people participate in this. Let's just make sure it's an even number. And to anyone, pm me your choices if you feel you won't be around when your turn comes up. I have a good track record when it comes to posting other peoples selections in these games. Oh, and you better get in on this bad boy Stoney.
                      We have to decide on some number. I'd like to make it as large as possible. Since this is the big game, I'm sure many members are going to want to sign up.
                      sigpic

Comment

rules sound fine

JD7 and myself are strating the All-Genre Movie Character Draft monday morning at 12am to help out on the starting of this draft.

Comment

Now that I think about it, 32 sounds like a good number.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tool Shed
                            Now that I think about it, 32 sounds like a good number.
                            32 is perfect.

32>16>8>4>2>Winner

Comment

Sounds good. I'm loooking forward to getting this underway.

Comment

Working...
                              X