Friday the 13th Part 2 (201?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxley View Post
    I really don't see how people can seriously hate this so much.

The remake has the same thing the old ones did, dumb teens doing dumb things, smoking, fucking, drinking, and then getting killed.
    Maybe it's just my opinion but the actors from the earlier sequels did not come across as being cast primarily because they were a pretty face. The way some of these people acted in the remakes of Friday, Halloween and NOES was absolutely pathetic. Not saying the actors from the originals would necessarily win oscars and such but they seemed to put forth a better effort...if you will. All I see today, for the most part, is casting the pretty face regardless of acting ability. That seems to be the priority.

Comment

I really don't see how people can seriously hate this so much.

The remake has the same thing the old ones did, dumb teens doing dumb things, smoking, fucking, drinking, and then getting killed.

I really don't see how hating this movie, would be any different to hating parts 2-6. I mean it's more or less the same thing, just with a alive Jason and the whole hostage aspect. Which does make sense, he wasn't going to kill that chick in Part 2 when he thought she was his mother...

As far as I can see it, people who loathe this movie are just hating because it's a remake. These films never were intelligent (maybe bar the first one), it's not like its a story driven film. It's meant to be more of a body count focus.

It's easily the best of the remakes out of this, Nightmare and Halloween.
      i completely agree with this.

If we suddenly fall should I scream out
      Or keep very quiet and cling to my mouth as I’m crying
      So frightened of dying
      Relax, yes, I’m trying
      But fear's got a hold on me

Comment

• Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
        That's where you're both wrong, as the Friday the 13th movies put a lot of effort into both characters and creating a certain atmosphere. Particularly the earlier films in the franchise. They aren't just 'dumb slasher flicks' that are only about the kills. They have a continuous story that goes up until at least Part 8... then they messed things up with that demon-hopping shit. But that's the fun with the series, in seeing Jason emerge from a drowned boy to a sack-wearing hermit to the iconic hockey mask killer we all know and love. The remake just had to pack all that into one movie with zero development and thought put into it.

The F13th movies were well made and the remake is just another soulless PD cash-in, that does not represent the spirit of the original series.
        This, but forget its "slasher" tag; the remake is barely even cinema.

Comment

• whatever. i had a great time.

So frightened of dying
          Relax, yes, I’m trying

Comment

The F13th movies were well made
            That's one of the stupidest things I've read. Sure, I'll give 1 - 4 are well made flicks, for what they are.

5 is anything but well made, same with 6, 7, 8 and I can guess 9 and 10.

Sure, they ARE fun but they aren't what I would call a well made film, and they aren't good character driven movies for the most part. They are just made so people can see Jason doing what Jason does.
            "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
            Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
            My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
              i completely agree with this.
              As do I. The reboot was a fun flick.

Comment

That's one of the stupidest things I've read. Sure, I'll give 1 - 4 are well made flicks, for what they are.

5 is anything but well made, same with 6, 7, 8 and I can guess 9 and 10.

Sure, they ARE fun but they aren't what I would call a well made film, and they aren't good character driven movies for the most part. They are just made so people can see Jason doing what Jason does.
                I can't remember one single character from the remake, just that they were annoying and that one chick with nice tits.

Part 5 had plenty of memorable characters. You must not have been paying attention. Some of them are gross stereotypes, but still fun characterisations. Way better than the remake, which wasn't fun at all.

Speaking of kills, the only memorable kill for me was when Jason stabbed that naked chick and pulled her out of the water, showing her boobies in comical moment. So, it even fails in that department.

Comment

• seriously? the two-handed, overhand axe throw from the reboot was one of my favorite jason kills ever. also, i liked the jason has a hostage thing, the jason hunter (a la part 4),the electrified jason compound, the underground tunnels. it was ninety minutes of good times is what it was. not one of my favorite horror movies ever of course, just fun.

So frightened of dying
                  Relax, yes, I’m trying

Comment

• Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
                    seriously? the two-handed, overhand axe throw from the reboot was one of my favorite jason kills ever. also, i liked the jason has a hostage thing, the jason hunter (a la part 4),the electrified jason compound, the underground tunnels. it was ninety minutes of good times is what it was. not one of my favorite horror movies ever of course, just fun.
                    It isn't really about that. If you watch the first 5 Friday the 13th movies, you'll see that they have a certain atmosphere and formula that the other movies don't have, especially the remake.

A lot is helped by Harry Manfredini's score, which is what I associate with Friday the 13th even more than Jason (who is not even the antagonist in 1 and 5). It's no wonder that all of the movies after part 5 feel slightly more.. generic.

Comment

A lot is helped by Harry Manfredini's score, which is what I associate with Friday the 13th even more than Jason (who is not even the antagonist in 1 and 5). It's no wonder that all of the movies after part 5 feel slightly more.. generic.
                      this is definitely true, and i agree with you completely on that point. it gives the films a real flavor.

So frightened of dying
                      Relax, yes, I’m trying

Comment

• Considering the reboot's big success at the box office, I'm surprised there still hasn't been no word on a sequel. I'm guessing the sequel will never happen & we'll eventually get another reboot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Myerszilla View Post
                          Considering the reboot's big success at the box office, I'm surprised there still hasn't been no word on a sequel. I'm guessing the sequel will never happen & we'll eventually get another reboot.
                          I find it strange that sequels to reboots take so long. Any other horror film e.g Paranormal Activity, Saw and there is a sequel out within a year. The reboots make money and there was high demand for TCM3D, I wonder what their thinking is...

Comment

• l'd rather see Freddy Vs. Jason Part 2, with Englund returning against Kane Hodder this time, dammit!

Comment

• Originally posted by Myerszilla View Post
                              Considering the reboot's big success at the box office, I'm surprised there still hasn't been no word on a sequel. I'm guessing the sequel will never happen & we'll eventually get another reboot.
                              Platinum Dunes have been very quiet since their disastrous Elm St film, which is probably why production has stalled on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                                Platinum Dunes have been very quiet since their disastrous Elm St film, which is probably why production has stalled on this.
                                I haven't seen Elm Street cause of the terrible response but it made good money, $63 million according to imdb. Non of the remakes have had a great response but bottom line is they make money which is all they care about.

Perhaps they were expecting bigger returns and see more potential in creating new franchises like Paranormal Activity etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X