No announcement yet.

Friday the 13th Part 2 (201?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That whole being afraid of water thing from FvJ was way out of left field. Motherfucker straight up marched into the water when Tommy Jarvis was insulting him with outdated 80s jabs.

Although I guess it was played as more of a subconscious thing

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
      That whole being afraid of water thing from FvJ was way out of left field. Motherfucker straight up marched into the water when Tommy Jarvis was insulting him with outdated 80s jabs.

Jason is in the water for parts 4, 6, 7, & 8 with no trouble what so ever. Mother fucker swam into New York from the middle of the Atlantic Ocean for crying out loud and even marches out of the lake like a boss at the end of FvJ.

Subconscious or not, it was stupid. His only weakness is his mother.

With all this debate going on in this thread...all awesome by the way...I'd like to finally hear from Bruckner is some capacity on how he feels about the project and the series in general.

Although, he's probably neck deep in getting this thing written out and prepped for shooting.

Comment

• Originally posted by damnenchiladas View Post
        Jason is in the water for parts 4, 6, 7, & 8 with no trouble what so ever. Mother fucker swam into New York from the middle of the Atlantic Ocean for crying out loud and even marches out of the lake like a boss at the end of FvJ.
        Yeah even the end of FvJ seemed to contradict that. But as I said, it seemed deeeeeeeply subconscious and I guess it was the only way for Freddy to get a one up on Jason

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

That whole being afraid of water thing from FvJ was way out of left field. Motherfucker straight up marched into the water when Tommy Jarvis was insulting him with outdated 80s jabs.

Originally posted by damnenchiladas View Post

Subconscious or not, it was stupid. His only weakness is his mother.
          This is why the whole afraid of water plot point is absolutely retarded.

He pretty much loves being in the water in the original films, as you guys have pointed out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusted View Post
            This is why the whole afraid of water plot point is absolutely retarded.

He pretty much loves being in the water in the original films, as you guys have pointed out.
            I feel the water thing is 100% justifiable. And it's just idiot fanboys who are butthurt that bitch about it.

Think, for a minute. Jason almost drowned as a child, now, the fact he is a tard' and having came so close to death from his inability to swim... Of course it's going to have an effect on him. Subconsciously anyway, doesn't mean he'd ever avoid it, but he'd likely not feel 100% in it. Zombie Jason doesn't really count, as well, he is a zombie.

Now, think, what does Freddy do? He gets in your head, he see's your fears, and amplifies them in the dream, tenfold. Where he has complete and utter control. He feeds it back to you, to feed himself. Krueger had that much strength by that time in FvJ, he even made Jason think he was still an alive, little child, cowering on the floor. A kid, after near drowning is going to be scared of water.

It makes perfect sense.
            "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
            Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
            My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxley View Post
              I feel the water thing is 100% justifiable. And it's just idiot fanboys who are butthurt that bitch about it.

Think, for a minute. Jason almost drowned as a child, now, the fact he is a tard' and having came so close to death from his inability to swim... Of course it's going to have an effect on him. Subconsciously anyway, doesn't mean he'd ever avoid it, but he'd likely not feel 100% in it. Zombie Jason doesn't really count, as well, he is a zombie.

Now, think, what does Freddy do? He gets in your head, he see's your fears, and amplifies them in the dream, tenfold. Where he has complete and utter control. He feeds it back to you, to feed himself. Krueger had that much strength by that time in FvJ, he even made Jason think he was still an alive, little child, cowering on the floor. A kid, after near drowning is going to be scared of water.

It makes perfect sense.
              STFU NO IT DOeSNET MAKE SINCE!

...er, actually yeah. That's how I tried to justify it anyway. I figured, it was just Freddy peeling away the layers, going deeper and deeper to find some primordial fear in Jason's psyche. I mean Freddy outright stated it while he was doing it. This was a dream afterall. But in the real world...nah, no dice. There's too much rage and blinding hatred that he just can't be bothered to be scared of anything. Especially given that he likely knows he can survive anything at this point. After being shot, stabbed, electrocuted, and blown to smithereens he's got very little to worry about in the way of a water.

Comment

It makes perfect sense.
                Again, Jason's only weakness is his mother. Freddy could have used her in anyway shape or form and I would have bought it.

Jason stopping mid swing because Freddy turned a hose on is bullshit. If Freddy wanted to bring back the drowning incident, he should have Tommy Jarvis'd his ass by making him think he was anchored to the bottom of the lake.

Although, turning Jason into a little kid and holding him under water is a viable attack. I forgot all about that scene for a moment. Still, Jason stopping mid attack at just the sight of water is stupid.

And it's not just zombie Jason who loved the swimming laps. Jason had no trouble swimming out to jab a machete through that chick in the raft while he was still alive and kicking in the not so Final Chapter. So your logic is busted.

Anything Shannon and Swift introduced into the series should be considered null and void. Wait, make that anything New Line brought to the table. I'll even take muppet Jason over fat and retarded Jason any day.

Freddy is also a little bitch.

Last edited by damnenchiladas; 06-25-2014, 12:17 AM.

Comment

And it's not just zombie Jason who loved the swimming laps. Jason had no trouble swimming out to jab a machete through that chick in the raft while he was still alive and kicking in the not so Final Chapter. So your logic is busted.
                  I'm sorry? Are you saying Final Chapter Jason was alive and not a walking corpse by that point? Wat?

He might not have been a stereotypical "crawled up out of the grave and rotting beyond recognition" zombie like he was in 6, but he was still super super dead. Dude's skin was green for Christ's sake.
                  Last edited by ObeySleepConform; 06-25-2014, 12:22 AM.

Comment

STFU NO IT DOeSNET MAKE SINCE!

...er, actually yeah. That's how I tried to justify it anyway. I figured, it was just Freddy peeling away the layers, going deeper and deeper to find some primordial fear in Jason's psyche. I mean Freddy outright stated it while he was doing it. This was a dream afterall. But in the real world...nah, no dice. There's too much rage and blinding hatred that he just can't be bothered to be scared of anything. Especially given that he likely knows he can survive anything at this point. After being shot, stabbed, electrocuted, and blown to smithereens he's got very little to worry about in the way of a water.

Freddy is also a little bitch.

Too bad it's Krueger that won.

Originally posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
                    I'm sorry? Are you saying Final Chapter Jason was alive and not a walking corpse by that point? Wat?

He might not have been a stereotypical "crawled up out of the grave and rotting beyond recognition" zombie like he was in 6, but he was still super super dead. Dude's skin was green for Christ's sake.
                    Can of worms! Can of worms!

I'm pretty sure Jason is alive here... He may have some bad infections and some gangrene due to his lack of ability to wash and keep his wounds clean, but alive.
                    "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                    My little idiot..

Comment

Nope, technically he survived the axe blow to the head and kept the killing spree going for one more day. According to part 2, Jason was considered to survive the drowning and be living in the woods near the camp. They never really worked out the logic, but that's the story. Also remember that parts 2-4 all happen in the same weekend so all those injuries he sustained happened within a span of 2-3 days.

He's not a zombie, he's just one tough motherfucker with a very high pain tolerance.

Was just browsing reddit and found the perfect reaction gif for when I saw the water incident in FvJ for the first time...

Comment

Was just browsing reddit and found the perfect reaction gif for when I saw the water incident in FvJ for the first time...

My little idiot..

Comment

Comment

Can of worms! Can of worms!

I'm pretty sure Jason is alive here... He may have some bad infections and some gangrene due to his lack of ability to wash and keep his wounds clean, but alive.
                            If we're gonna talk about a can of worms I suggest not claiming "Freddy won" at the end of FvJ.

Nope, technically he survived the axe blow to the head and kept the killing spree going for one more day. According to part 2, Jason was considered to survive the drowning and be living in the woods near the camp. They never really worked out the logic, but that's the story. Also remember that parts 2-4 all happen in the same weekend so all those injuries he sustained happened within a span of 2-3 days.

He's not a zombie, he's just one tough motherfucker with a very high pain tolerance.

I don't buy it one bit. I CAN buy that he was alive in part 2, and it's also acceptable in part 3 although that one is stretching things considering he took a machete to the neck in the previous film. But not part 4. Just no. In part 4 that fuck was dead. D. E. A. D. That axe blow killed him at the end of 3, and Tommy Jarvis simply re-killed him. The only reason people argue it is because there's no time gap between 2-4. I've never understood it either. Part 6 solidified that he could return from the dead even through the most severe decomposition and punishment, but part 4 started the whole notion.
                            Last edited by ObeySleepConform; 06-25-2014, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Lets see, when Jason is "dead" at the start of the film. We see that his death, is more like a coma state, he is dreaming, Krueger enters said dream and uses his mother to "wake him up".

OK.. Cool. Now, lets see, fast-forward to the end, and who falls first? Jason. He falls into the water, defeated, after stabbing through Krueger with Kruegers own arm. After Jason collapses into the water, Laurie gets up, and SHE kills Freddy, not Jason, Laurie.

Now, at the end, we see Jason walk out of the lake, holding Kruegers head.. Krueger winks and laughs. Now, remember the start? When Jason is "dead", it's more like he is asleep, and dreams. So, him walking out of the water is a dream. His body is very much munted in the water.

Your proof? The fact Krueger winks and laughs... In the real word Freddy is mortal. There is ZERO chance of him doing that while in reality with his head cut off, he'd be dead as complete shit.

Also, in Never Sleep Again, Ronny Yu states, several times, that Krueger is indeed the winner.

There's actually an alt. ending where Laurie and whatshisface are having sex, and one of the turns into Freddy, and kills the other, that was filmed and used. But producers thought it was too much of a downer to have the good guys get killed like that at the end.

My little idiot..

Comment

Lets see, when Jason is "dead" at the start of the film. We see that his death, is more like a coma state, he is dreaming, Krueger enters said dream and uses his mother to "wake him up".

OK.. Cool. Now, lets see, fast-forward to the end, and who falls first? Jason. He falls into the water, defeated, after stabbing through Krueger with Kruegers own arm. After Jason collapses into the water, Laurie gets up, and SHE kills Freddy, not Jason, Laurie.

Now, at the end, we see Jason walk out of the lake, holding Kruegers head.. Krueger winks and laughs. Now, remember the start? When Jason is "dead", it's more like he is asleep, and dreams. So, him walking out of the water is a dream. His body is very much munted in the water.

Your proof? The fact Krueger winks and laughs... In the real word Freddy is mortal. There is ZERO chance of him doing that while in reality with his head cut off, he'd be dead as complete shit.

Also, in Never Sleep Again, Ronny Yu states, several times, that Krueger is indeed the winner.

There's actually an alt. ending where Laurie and whatshisface are having sex, and one of the turns into Freddy, and kills the other, that was filmed and used. But producers thought it was too much of a downer to have the good guys get killed like that at the end.
                                Even if one buys that as the ending, there's still the fact that to dream one has to be....alive. And what's Freddy going to do? Fight him some more? Shit lot of good that did until he found out that water was his weakness. So is he just going to use that again? Oh that's right....he's fucking WALKING OUT OF A LAKE OF WATER WITHOUT BATTING AN EYE THIS TIME. If he's in the dream world, then Jason's one weakness is finally moot, because at this point he just gives zero fucks...even in his dreams.

Comment

Working...
                                X