No announcement yet.

Friday the 13th Part 2 (201?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why exactly do we need to know why Jason won't die ?

Oh that's right, we don't. We just want a straight up Jason movie akin to the Paramount movies.

Why is this so hard for these PD douchebags to get their head around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
      Why exactly do we need to know why Jason won't die ?

Oh that's right, we don't. We just want a straight up Jason movie akin to the Paramount movies.

Why is this so hard for these PD douchebags to get their head around.
      Definitely a fear I have going in, but its sounds like they have a group of pretty smart people taking a crack at it.

Either way, if this means zombie Jason is making a come back and we don't need to see them fumble another 'discover the mask scene,' then it might not be half bad.

Comment

• Uh, if it's done right, I'm fine with exploring Jason's immortality. I most certainly do not want a film like Part III, in which Jason's name isn't even mentioned save the opening flashback.

There's nothing wrong with putting a little meat on the bones of this story, so long as it's done well and it's logical. The remake attempted to be a no-frills throwback film and failed because of it.
        Do you know the terror of he who falls asleep?
        To the very toes he is terrified
        For the ground gives way under him
        And the dreams begin...

Comment

• Originally posted by ‹bermensch View Post
          Uh, if it's done right, I'm fine with exploring Jason's immortality. I most certainly do not want a film like Part III, in which Jason's name isn't even mentioned save the opening flashback.

There's nothing wrong with putting a little meat on the bones of this story, so long as it's done well and it's logical. The remake attempted to be a no-frills throwback film and failed because of it.
          Really wish I was a fly on the wall of their pitch room.

The last time this was attempted was Jason Goes to Hell and I will safely assume that a lesson was learned.

I'm also not interested in siblings, cousins, or any other blood relatives aside from Pamela or Elias. Digging into their past would be interesting since we've yet to really know much about the events prior to 1957.

Granted, we've yet to really see Elias other than the Pamela comic which portrayed him as an abusive drunk. Tom Mcloughlin had a more sinister spin on it and it's one of the things I've always been interested to see explored.

Comment

• I would definitely rather see the McLoughlin take on Elias than any portrayal of him as a drunk. Though to be fair, while the Jason Lives version of Elias Voorhees was certainly sinister, I don't recall that it was ever explicitly said that he was a necromancer of some kind or anything.

Aside: is this film definitely set in the remake continuity? I hope not. They don't have to overtly tie it into the previous franchise; just slapping an axe mark on his mask would make me a happy... camper...
            Last edited by ‹bermensch; 03-26-2015, 01:00 AM.
            And the dreams begin...

Comment

I would definitely rather see the McLoughlin take on Elias than any portrayal of him as a drunk. Though to be fair, while the Jason Lives version of Elias Voorhees was certainly sinister, I don't recall that it was ever explicitly said that he was a necromancer of some kind or anything.
              If they are exploring the supernatural aspects, some sort of occult / curse seems like it would play a role. Or at least, I don't think Jason is going to be a mutant or the product of some lab experiment.

But to see characters have to figure out how to stop him like Tommy did in Part 6 would be something I'd like to see again.

Also, nothing can put zombie Jason down for good so to see the damage he survives could be interesting as well.

Aside: is this film definitely set in the remake continuity? I hope not. They don't have to overtly tie it into the previous franchise; just slapping an axe mark on his mask would make me a happy... camper...
              Pick it up where it left off before New Line started messing with franchise.

Comment

• That's going to be difficult to do, since the last time we saw Jason in a Paramount Picture he was transformed into a child by toxic waste in the sewers of New York City...
                And the dreams begin...

Comment

That's going to be difficult to do, since the last time we saw Jason in a Paramount Picture he was transformed into a child by toxic waste in the sewers of New York City...
                  With Friday the 13th logic, anything is possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by damnenchiladas View Post
                    With Friday the 13th logic, anything is possible.
                    Except jackets and machete sheaths apparently

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
                      Except jackets and machete sheaths apparently
                      Logic and design are two separate arguments. Don't cross the streams, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by damnenchiladas View Post
                        Logic and design are two separate arguments. Don't cross the streams, man.
                        Is that why you brought it into the argument earlier by stating that he must be "cold" for wanting to wear a jacket?

But no I get it, you were being facetious 'n shit because you didn't think he was pretty enough for ya. Gotcha champ.

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• Looking forward to new films from the reboot Friday The 13th. In love all the classic ones to but I think that series ran its course and it was time for a reboot. Hope we get another Nightmare on elm street too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Somrak666 View Post
                            Looking forward to new films from the reboot Friday The 13th. In love all the classic ones to but I think that series ran its course and it was time for a reboot. Hope we get another Nightmare on elm street too.
                            I realize we don't have anything better to call it, but the thread title is a little misleading now. Isn't it already a thing that this new film isn't connected to the 2009 film.

Reboot x3?

Comment

• Yeah this should really be titled to Friday the 13th.....13? or is it 12?

You know they missed an amazing opportunity to actually wait until this entry to reboot it. They could have called it "Friday the XIIIth"

Hahahaha. haha. ha. Okay that title sucks.

Comment

• Has it been confirmed that this isn't related to the reboot?
                                And the dreams begin...

Comment

Working...
                                X