Friday the 13th Part 2 (201?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by disanti View Post
    Why not? The other Friday thread was starting to clutter up with some talk about the sequel so why not separate the conversations. Keep the reviews over there and talk about the next one over here. Production could start up shortly after Nightmare wraps up.
    The parts I didn't like about the first one really made me not like it. I still watch part two for sure, but I just may not make it my number priority in the theater. I also hate seeing movies in theaters.
    Take your pants off

Comment

Originally posted by alleywaykrew View Post
      I haven't gotten it yet. I just wanted to know which was better before I picked one up randomly.

Comment

Originally posted by dribbz View Post
        I also hate seeing movies in theaters.
        If it's got anything to do with the prices or the annoying kids...I recommend an early matinee (especially during the week). It cuts down on both.
        Wii: 2401 9155 1089 4233
        MK Wii: 2020-0595-4746
        My DVDs
        Facebook
        MySpace

Comment

Originally posted by menasyng View Post
          All of that was already touched upon in the original franchise. He raised himself in the woods (as was touched upon in the 2nd film), the town kind of shuns his family (as touched upon in JGTH). I'm not even a huge fan of the series and I can tell you that much. It's pretty much common knowledge to the average horror fan. His deformities are just birth defects. Inbreeding?! Your "ideas" will turn the sequel into a Rob Zombie flick.

Anything you want to know can be easily seen in the original franchise.
          I think that even if a new fan of the series didn't know things like that, they still won't care. It's as simple adding in a line here and there. There's no need to go back and film home videos of little Jason running around at camp.

Kind of give a quick cliff notes like Paul did in part 2 and then end of it just say "but it's all a legend and I don't want to hear anymore about it."

I also thought that the kid who told the story at the campfire in the remake did it no justice. The kid talked like he was hyped up on coke. He was kind of giddy about the story it was weird.
          Last edited by disanti; 02-18-2009, 03:39 PM.

Comment

If it's got anything to do with the prices or the annoying kids...I recommend an early matinee (especially during the week). It cuts down on both.
            I will only go to a matinee. I went to it for F13 and there still were cocksuckers all over the place. The guy that sat pretty close to us fricking called someone during the movie and talked in a normal voice. I couldn't believe. I didn't think people could let themself suck that bad.

Ps- Register me for MK Wii is you want... 2364-0867-1850
            Take your pants off

Comment

I will only go to a matinee. I went to it for F13 and there still were cocksuckers all over the place. The guy that sat pretty close to us fricking called someone during the movie and talked in a normal voice. I couldn't believe. I didn't think people could let themself suck that bad.

Ps- Register me for MK Wii is you want... 2364-0867-1850
              That's why I recommend going during the week...far fewer cocksuckers.

PS - I will.
              My DVDs
              Facebook
              MySpace

Comment

PS - I will.
                Cool, I just registered you.

Anyways, back to F13 2.
                Take your pants off

Comment

Cool, I just registered you.

Anyways, back to F13 2.
                  Well I guess the question is where do you go with where they left off?

You could do a 1/2 prequel and tell a story of something that happened before the events of the remake. I wrote about it before, but I don't feel like typing it all over again. Have the camp try and reopen 10-12 years after the death of Mrs. Voorhees only to be met with Jason as the killer. Technically I think Mrs. Voorhees kills the counselors the same year Jason drowned so all those sabotage attempts from the original never happened in the current timeline.

or

Do you move forward? Jason kills Clay and Whitney on the dock and escapes back into the woods. You have a dead cop and no one to blame for the murders. The town might overlook a few missing campers but they'd have to go in and do something about a dead Sheriff. I just don't know what they could really do to come up with a group of people that naive to just not realized what's happened at crystal lake and that Jason is running around out there.
                  Last edited by disanti; 02-18-2009, 03:56 PM.

Comment

i know it can never ever happen but i would love to see a prequel maybe but i know it wouldnt happen....but in an ideal perfect world i would love to have seen a movie that included Mrs Voorhees a bit more maybe a flashback of her killing off the original counsellors....maybe its just cus i love the original Friday the 13th movie sooooo much....and i thought Nana Visitor did an amazing job for the 20 seconds she was in this one....but im a realist i know that would never ever happen
                    Last edited by kryptonite_soul; 02-18-2009, 03:55 PM.
                    "It's just I've been twelve for a very long time."

- Eli
                    "Let The Right One In"

Comment

Originally posted by kryptonite_soul View Post
                      i know it can never ever happen but i would love to see a prequel maybe but i know it wouldnt happen....but in an ideal perfect world i would love to have seen a movie that included Mrs Voorhees a bit more maybe a flashback of her killing off the original counsellors....maybe its just cus i love the original Friday the 13th movie sooooo much....and i thought Nana Visitor did an amazing job for the 20 seconds she was in this one....but im a realist i know that would never ever happen
                      I think she could have done better, but the dialogue was just too cookie cutter and unnatural for that scene. If they were going to really show that flashback, they needed to be rolling around in the sand before she got her head lopped off.

I would mind however if they did a 20 min short film on a DVD extra showing a little more. Of what happened that night. Kind of like the "Lost Tales of Crystal Lake " clips they have on the re-releases of the dvds.

Comment

Originally posted by disanti View Post
                        Well I guess the question is where do you go with where they left off?

You could do a 1/2 prequel and tell a story of something that happened before the events of the remake. I wrote about it before, but I don't feel like typing it all over again. Have the camp try and reopen 10-12 years after the death of Mrs. Voorhees only to be met with Jason as the killer. Technically I think Mrs. Voorhees kills the counselors the same year Jason drowned so all those sabotage attempts from the original never happened in the current timeline.

or

Do you move forward? Jason kills Clay and Whitney on the dock and escapes back into the woods. You have a dead cop and no one to blame for the murders. The town might overlook a few missing campers but they'd have to go in and do something about a dead Sheriff. I just don't know what they could really do to come up with a group of people that naive to just not realized what's happened at crystal lake and that Jason is running around out there.
                        I think it will take off where it ended with him killing them. Then that's the end of it. They mostly likely won't have the same people playing Clay and Whitney since they will have small roles. Then it will be that more come there to camp and then the killing begins. Of course there will be some story behind it like how it was with Clay trying to find Whitney. That's what I think. Unless somehow he doesn't kill them off right away and they are trying to run from him and then others somehow get involved.
                        Take your pants off

Comment

I think it will take off where it ended with him killing them. Then that's the end of it. They mostly likely won't have the same people playing Clay and Whitney since they will have small roles. Then it will be that more come there to camp and then the killing begins. Of course there will be some story behind it like how it was with Clay trying to find Whitney. That's what I think. Unless somehow he doesn't kill them off right away and they are trying to run from him and then others somehow get involved.
                          Well that's the thing. Does he Kill Whitney and Clay on the pier? Personally I wouldn't want to see him chasing down the same characters or see a manhunt for Jason Voorhees as he runs around the lake and ends up in the Jarvis Neck of the woods.

Storyline wise it could work, but the originals 2-3-4 also did that one day after the next type storyline and I'd rather see something new.

Comment

The sequel hasn't been officially announced...but if it happens I hope we get better writers and a better director.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare View Post
                              The sequel hasn't been officially announced...but if it happens I hope we get better writers and better director.
                              It made like eleventy billion dollars, and the producers are chomping at the bit to make one...it's gonna happen.
                              My DVDs
                              Facebook
                              MySpace

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare View Post
                                The sequel hasn't been officially announced...but if it happens I hope we get better writers and a better director.
                                PD said it's gonna happen. Read the original post.

Comment

Working...
                                X