Halloween 3 (201?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kupotek View Post
    Rob Zombie's Halloween are among your most watched movies? Like you've seen then 20+ times?
    I'm going to be completely honest here. I've probably watched Rob's first Halloween upwards a 1,000+ times, & H2 is somewhere in the hundreds probably, I don't keep score, but there are certain movies I watch a lot if they really peak my interest. I've also watched movies like Pineapple Express a lot. The funny thing is, outside of the Halloween, F13th, & NOES franchies, I don't tend to watch the same horror movies too frequently. I tend to watch comedies more so than anything else unless, again, it's a movie pertaining to either of those franchises.

I think removing the whole white trash aspect which he seems to need in every movie would have been better.
    Well, to an extent, I do agree with that, but at the same time, it is like that in real life. I've seen it myself a lot, & I know people who've seen it a lot themselves as well. But I would say he should take a break from that aspect of things, & just try to do something a little different.

If he were to pick up H3, & this is completely in a hypothetical sense, I'd still want him to incorporate the style he's used for his previous films, but make it a tad different, if you understand what I mean. Whether you love or hate the guy, you have to admit that's he's pretty fucking intelligent, & that does shine through in his movies at times, in which I'd have to say H2 is probably his most intelligently written film to date. I still think the scenes between Laurie & her therapist & the beginning of the press conference with Loomis were pretty brilliant. But I'd like to see what he could accomplish with a movie if he just sat down & wrote something that would reverberate back to how intelligent he actually is.

Comment

• 1000+? That means you've spent over 75 days watching Rob Zombie's Halloween
      KITTYSAFE.NET
      Facebook | Website
      | For Mews, News, Reviews, Poetry, Music and Ideas |

Comment

• Well to be fair, upon making Halloween, Zombie contacted Carpenter about making it and he told him to make it his own. He did, you cant lie about that. Wither you like it or not, is up to you. People need to realise that there is really no point to a remake if they arent going to make changes to the plot, as long as they keep the basics in (characters, location etc.). That being said I find RZs Halloween okay enough to watch (maybe not 1000s times right enough) but I have no argument for H2 being remotely good, I just cant find the words to express how much I disliked it.

AG DRAFT 2015

1. Requiem for a Dream (2000) - D. Aronofsky
        2. Birdman (2014) - A. González Iñárritu
        3. Dazed and Confused (1993) - R. Linklater
        4. There Will Be Blood (2007) - P. T. Anderson
        5. Thirst (2009) - C. Park
        6. Dead Man's Shoes (2004) - S. Meadows
        7. Pusher (1996) - N. Winding Refn
        8. Gomorrah (2008 ) - M. Garrone
        9. The Way of the Gun (2000) - C. McQuarrie
        10. Sexy Beast (2000) - J. Glazer

Comment

• Originally posted by BoOMST1CK View Post
          Well to be fair, upon making Halloween, Zombie contacted Carpenter about making it and he told him to make it his own. He did, you cant lie about that. Wither you like it or not, is up to you. People need to realise that there is really no point to a remake if they arent going to make changes to the plot, as long as they keep the basics in (characters, location etc.). That being said I find RZs Halloween okay enough to watch (maybe not 1000s times right enough) but I have no argument for H2 being remotely good, I just cant find the words to express how much I disliked it.
          Exactly how I feel. Good draft picks........ though that missing #10 is going to hurt you.
          Last edited by Kupotek; 08-11-2010, 08:13 AM.
          KITTYSAFE.NET
          Facebook | Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Kupotek View Post
            Exactly how I feel. Good draft picks........ though that missing #10 is going to hurt you.
            Thanks man.. yeah possibly, we'll see

AG DRAFT 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by BoOMST1CK View Post
              Well to be fair, upon making Halloween, Zombie contacted Carpenter about making it and he told him to make it his own. He did, you cant lie about that. Wither you like it or not, is up to you. People need to realise that there is really no point to a remake if they arent going to make changes to the plot, as long as they keep the basics in (characters, location etc.)
              They're still poor movies, no matter how you slice it. They're especially bad Halloween movies, but they still have really big flaws as movies, period. Zombie could have done whatever the hell he wanted with it, and if it resulted in a good movie, I'd give him credit for it (even if they were terrible Halloween movies; for example, I think Jason Goes to Hell is a pretty good splatter movie, but it's prettty poor as a Friday the 13th movie, for obvious reasons).
              Oh, the Horror!--Reviewing all decades and all sub-genres since 2008!

Comment

• One thing you see more often in horror than any other genre is genre apology.
                KITTYSAFE.NET
                Facebook | Website

Comment

• Well, believe me, I am one of the most lenient dudes out there when it comes to franchises. It's hard to completely cock up something like Halloween to the point where it's unwatchable. I even found something to like in Zombie's Hallowen II (which I think is much, much better than his first Halloween). That said, the bad elements (the script especially) sank that ship before it ever had a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by oh-the-horror View Post
                    They're still poor movies, no matter how you slice it. They're especially bad Halloween movies, but they still have really big flaws as movies, period. Zombie could have done whatever the hell he wanted with it, and if it resulted in a good movie, I'd give him credit for it (even if they were terrible Halloween movies; for example, I think Jason Goes to Hell is a pretty good splatter movie, but it's prettty poor as a Friday the 13th movie, for obvious reasons).
                    They are poor compared to the others in the franchise yes but like I said I have a problem with anyone who tries to defend H2 as being good. Fair enough if you like it, thats fine but atleast admit that it could have been a million times better. I have a slight guilty pleasure with H1 though, I actually have no idea why but I just do but I can admit it could have been better but theres no point trying to convince people its good or not, I'll just like it for now and thats my choice .

AG DRAFT 2015

Comment

• Yeah, I don't have a problem with people liking something that's shit, but don't sit there and try to argue that they're good. For example, no one can reasonably say that Zombie's two Halloween efforts are good movies. They aren't. I like plenty of movies that are shit, and I will tell you they're shit. Probably the best lesson someone can learn when it comes to talking about movies: just because you like something doesn't mean it's good.

Comment

Yeah, I don't have a problem with people liking something that's shit, but don't sit there and try to argue that they're good. For example, no one can reasonably say that Zombie's two Halloween efforts are good movies. They aren't. I like plenty of movies that are shit, and I will tell you they're shit. Probably the best lesson someone can learn when it comes to talking about movies: just because you like something doesn't mean it's good.
                        Well I never said it was good, I said okay to watch imo.

EDIT:

I noticed that on IMDb that it no longer says Halloween 3D it simply says Halloween III, is it still gonna be in god awful 3D?

AG DRAFT 2015

Comment

For example, no one can reasonably say that Zombie's two Halloween efforts are good movies. They aren't.
                          Probably the best lesson someone can learn when it comes to talking about movies: just because you like something doesn't mean it's good.
                          Soooooo, what exactly are people supposed to go on? I mean, all forms of art are purley, 100% opinion based. No matter how smart an aurgment anybody makes, all it boils down to is opinion. What you said would be no diffrent than me saying no one can reasonably say Sprite is good just because I dont like it. Plenty of people do like it, so its good to them. Taste in movies is absoulty no diffrent than taste in food.
                          And before you type a list of things wrong with them, Ill save you the trouble. They'll all be opinion based, every single one of them.
                          I think you should take your own advice, just turn it around. Just because YOU dont like something dosn't mean its bad.

I should point out, Im not defending either of Zombies movies, I didnt have anything to do with there existence, I dont care how anybody else feels about them. Personally, I thought they were alright, nothing great. Im not trying to convince anybody else to like them, I dont care.
                          All Im saying is its stupid, childish, and arrogant to think everybody should feel the same way you do. You get to decide what bad or good to you, not anybody else.
                          Movies

MUSIC

Comment

• Opinions are assholes, aren't they? Especially the stoopid ones.
                            Last edited by ResidentofEvil; 08-11-2010, 12:36 PM.
                            Always check your candy.

Comment

• I find it hilarious when people say they like "bad" films, or that they dislike a film despite it being "technically great."

Comment

• Originally posted by Clockwork Black View Post
                                Soooooo, what exactly are people supposed to go on? I mean, all forms of art are purley, 100% opinion based. No matter how smart an aurgment anybody makes, all it boils down to is opinion. What you said would be no diffrent than me saying no one can reasonably say Sprite is good just because I dont like it. Plenty of people do like it, so its good to them. Taste in movies is absoulty no diffrent than taste in food.
                                And before you type a list of things wrong with them, Ill save you the trouble. They'll all be opinion based, every single one of them.
                                I think you should take your own advice, just turn it around. Just because YOU dont like something dosn't mean its bad.
                                Sorry, but "I like something and that's my opinion" is a bullshit cop-out. Of course there are standards, even when discussing something as seemingly-subjective as movies. I mean, if you have a movie where the lighting is all sorts of fucked, the framing is off, the acting is bad, the script is littered with plot-holes, etc, you can objectively look at it and say it's very good. Some people can still find enjoyment out of that, and yeah, that's where their own feelings will come in. Like I said, I enjoy my share of really bad horror movies, but I'm not going to try to tell you that Rats: The Night of Terror or Slugs are good movies. They aren't.

I never once said that if I don't like something, it must be bad. I can think of movies that I think are very sound, very well done, but they do nothing for me. That's where the opinion/personal perception part comes in. Some things, I'm just not into, no matter how well made the movie might be.

Comment

Working...
                                X