No announcement yet.

Halloween 3 (201?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing some of the recent offerings in this particular franchise. Including, but not exclusively, the RZ abortion. I wondering whether I should squeeze my fat arse into a boiler suit and Shatner mask?

It will be a truly diabolical performance. One that will be condemned universally, but alot of people on this forum will make me a very rich man. Sure they'll all come on here and pan me to death but... lets say...$17m in it's first weekend, even if it was half of that, I'd be the only one laughing.

Comment

i am glad this series is getting another chance no wonder with all the hate for H2 the weinstein company has announced a 3rd movie is on the way this is good the weinstein must be disgusted with H2 and said we gotta do the fans justice and crank out another sequel to be released next year

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelMyers1031 View Post
        Those Platinum Dunes Fuckers better not be involved.
        Better them than Rob Zombie. At least they try to stay true to the roots of the series.
        A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen.

My BD Blog - Please Read And Comment!
        My DVD Collection

MSN: Kyle.Voorhees@live.ca | AIM: Kyle Voorhees 13

Comment

Hmmm. I kind of have mixed feelings on this. I like them getting a new director for a different look, as long as it's a good director of course. But, I just can't see this beeing a serious Halloween movie if it's in 3D. I feel like it would end up as another light-hearted slasher like MBV and FD4 that will focus on gimmicky 3D kills and whatnot instead of serious tension and atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle.voorhees View Post

Better them than Rob Zombie. At least they try to stay true to the roots of the series.
            Still look what they did to Jason. There better than Zombie but still are not the right choice.

I've read Alex Aja is rumored...

Comment

Aja could be an amazing choice.

Obviously this is the ultimate nod to RZ's failure. Announce after this film as quickly as possible that they are going away from Zombie and in a different direction.

Comment

Please Please Please let them choose a decent director this time around. I doubt the script will be good as it's going to be rushed. My pipe dream is them to wait until Brad Anderson is free and take time to write a solid script.

If they would want to cause a stir I say get Tommy Lee Wallace to direct and keep the script top secret and give no comments on when people would ask if Myers would be in the film. I bet that would drive a lot of folks crazy

Comment

A few thoughts

A new director at this time, is the cloestest, at least for now, that the studio will come to admitting to themselve that they and RZ really screwed the pooch.

Rushing for summer, if that's actually a rush, is they're aimming for a movie that's not halloween/Oct 31th dependent for marketing, it's a real all audience movie, real story, real project, not nitche fan base

And 3D, a little risky in a way, but also way to distance it from RZ.

As for story, I'd guess a few things

A total relaunch or a virtual relaunch, kinda like they did with the hulk, not "quite" ignoring the first movie, but sure putting it behind them. OR, basing the movie on later Halloweens in a way, so it's somewhat of a sequel to H1 & H2, but really being more of a direct sequel to JCs 1 & 2 without using the Jamie stories. Could even be Season of the Witch as a summer movie to regain some credibility before and restoring the fanbase before a relaunch.

Hopefully some attempt to redeem themselves in any case. I guess that's alll pretty wishful thinking, but seems possible.
                  Electric 6 Radio Ga Ga
                  Chemical Romance Welcome To The Black Parade
                  Beatfreakz Somebody's Watching Me
                  The Darkness I Believe In A Thing Called Love
                  Boogie Pimps Somebody To Love
                  Nightcore Land Of Confusion
                  Bif Naked Moment Of Weakness
                  Rend Collective My Lighthouse
                  Dickies Killer Klowns From Outer Space
                  Garbage Special
                  Cardigans My Favorite Game
                  Living Colour Cult of Personality
                  Limousines Internet Killed The Video Star
                  Alien Ant Farm Smooth Criminal
                  Sasha D Russian Girls
                  Scatman John Scatman

Comment

Please, don't pick Marcus Nispel. If they do that then the franchise really has gained nothing.

But, remember Rob said he wouldn't do a 2nd installment and then they pulled the rug out from under us?

Comment

I actually think remaking Season of the Witch would be more fun than watching Myers run around slashing people up, especially factoring in the 3D. Oh well, as long as Zombie is not involved it's likely to at least be watchable.

Comment

no RZ ans things are looking up its the closest thing we will get to them admitting they fucked up with RZ. but still RZ fucked up the series so bad its almost not savable.
                        [XBOXLIVE]yngwieclone[/XBOXLIVE]

Comment

I dunno if I'm confused but I remember that H2 @ 1st was gonna be directed by the guys who did INSIDE. I wish they would get involved this time. As long RZ isn't involved I'm happy. I hope they ignore everything and start fresh. Oh and if somehow Annie is still alive I would be happy too. I mean I don't remember them saying "She's D-E-A-D-".

If You Can't Find A Friend, Make One

Comment

Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
                            Please, don't pick Marcus Nispel. If they do that then the franchise really has gained nothing.

But, remember Rob said he wouldn't do a 2nd installment and then they pulled the rug out from under us?
                            Yeah but from what they are syaing they are going in a different direction which in Hollywood speak sounds like.."we aren't pleased with RZ's Halloween."

I don't think this time anyone is going to ask him.

Comment

I'm not sure how Hollywood or the movie bizz works but could it be possible to continue the series based on the previous franchise instead of the one that RZ began?

If You Can't Find A Friend, Make One

Comment

Originally posted by acp35 View Post
                                Aja could be an amazing choice.

Obviously this is the ultimate nod to RZ's failure. Announce after this film as quickly as possible that they are going away from Zombie and in a different direction.

Aja would be sweet, I pretty much jizz all over everything he touches. Not sure what he would do with this but I'm sure he would be an improvement, and this is coming from someone who enjoyed the remake(haven't seen the 2nd)
                                sigpichttp://www.youtube.com/user/jugchord
                                My horror discussion channel

Comment

Working...
                                X