No announcement yet.

Platinum Dunes taking over Halloween!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see this being mediocre at best unless they come up with something imaginative, but it's PD so i'm not expecting much apart from stylish visuals, a great looking cast and sepia tones. We can always hope though!
    If i'm honest the Halloween series has had several bad entries anyway, so if they mess this up it's no big loss. I'll still have Halloween 1 (original...obviously), 3, 4 and H20 which are my faves (in that order).

"I have no idea where this will take us but I have a feeling it will be both wonderful and strange"

Comment

I'm about burnt out on this franchise for awhile.

Comment

It's all just a money grab at this point.

Comment

I like some of their films... and loathe others.

You can bet I'll be seeing this in theaters.

Comment

If it has decent Halloween atmosphere, more of Micheal stalking and resembles an actual Halloween film ill be happy with this. They cant really ruin something thats already ruined.
            Check out my movie Blog http://wildcinemamoviereviews.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

After the Zombieweens it can't get any worse.

If they at least take Michael back to his roots, in terms of look and atmosphere then that would be a step in the right direction.

Comment

I don't mind PD doing this.

I really liked the TCM remake & prequel and had fun with the F13th reboot.

Comment

This just dawned on me: What the fuck is a "platinum dune"?!

Comment

At the very least it should be better than both zombieweens... that's not saying much though.

Comment

I'm staying so far away from these forums come time for this movie's release.

I forsee many bans and locked threads. Mark my words.

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack the Pin View Post
                        It's all just a money grab at this point.
                        Every Halloween since part 4 has been a money grab.

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

Originally posted by babagloom View Post
                          This just dawned on me: What the fuck is a "platinum dune"?!
                          A: A fake tit.

No joke.

Comment

I heard the new installment supposed to come out this Oct I hope its better than the last 2 rob zombie Halloween films
                            http://www.ebay.com/sch/2coolghouls/...&_trksid=p3686

✌ Visit my listings for the best in Scary Props, Horror Toys, Masks and more! ✌

Comment

Originally posted by Heathen View Post
                              A: A fake tit.

No joke.
                              Thank you for clearing that up.

Comment

You people are hilarious. Some of you are able to look into the future and seem to know exactly what this movie will turn out to be. "It's gonna be average" and statements like that point to an ability that I don't seem to have.

Why can't you just wait for the movie to come out, until you start discussing its quality? With a prejudiced mind like that, no wonder that you won't have any fun watching a movie like this. It's a darn horror movie, not Goethe's latest play. Ease up.

And all the Rob Zombie bashing is silly as well. You guys act like he didn't understand the original; like he only got that there was a guy with a mask killing some people and that's what he copied into his movie, without realizing the genius of Myers' creepiness and ambiguity. Except that not relying on these factors is exactly the point, because this movie already exists. He wanted to do the only thing logical for a reimagining, which is give it a totally different view; in this case what he is best at - creating a brutal, relentless nightmare.
                                What a pity that you don't see John Carpenter's Halloween when you load Rob Zombie's Halloween.

Comment

Working...
                                X