Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grave Encounters 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Grave Encounters 2

    Can't wait to see this ! I really enjoyed the first one Comes out in October,on Halloween !


    Source

    Trailer

    Last edited by Flamethrower; 09-05-2012, 08:37 AM.

  • #2
    YES! I bloody loved the first one, in fact it might just be my all time favourite 'found footage flick' so cheers for the news flamethrower. I'm dead excited for this one. Mostly awaiting the Carrie remake, Leslie Vernon 2, World War Z and now this! Cheers for the heads up Flamethrower. YAY! I'm well chuffed. Roll on Halloween. I can't wait to see if this can top the original. I hope that mental bloke who ended up in the basement eating rats in the pitch dark returns to host another edition of the 'Yes I'm criminally unhinged and tomorrow is yesterday show'.
    Seriosly though, can't wait to see how this one turns out.

    Comment


    • #3
      definitely interested in this, enjoyed the first one

      Comment


      • #4
        First one was Def very cool, I'll check this one out for sure
        Electric 6 Radio Ga Ga
        Chemical Romance Welcome To The Black Parade
        Beatfreakz Somebody's Watching Me
        The Darkness I Believe In A Thing Called Love
        Boogie Pimps Somebody To Love
        Nightcore Land Of Confusion
        Bif Naked Moment Of Weakness
        Rend Collective My Lighthouse
        Dickies Killer Klowns From Outer Space
        Garbage Special
        Cardigans My Favorite Game
        Living Colour Cult of Personality
        Limousines Internet Killed The Video Star
        Alien Ant Farm Smooth Criminal
        Sasha D Russian Girls
        Scatman John Scatman

        Comment


        • #5
          Grave Encounters was a decent found footage flick, with some good humor on the whole ghost hunters stuff. They went really far with the camera tricks, I dunno how they could go any further, sans more blood and gore but I'll be checking it out regardless. If that tagline on the cover is any indication, then we should be getting more meta ghost hunter/ found footage humor. Here's a synopsis from that other BD website...

          “While researching the events depicted in the original film and the subsequent disappearance of its lead ”actor” Sean Rogerson, Alex Wright received a bizarre video from a mysterious blogger named “DeathAwaits666.” Appearing to show Rogerson still alive but trapped inside the Collingwood Psychiatric Hospital from GRAVE ENCOUNTERS, Alex and his friends agree to meet the blogger at the infamous hospital in hopes of learning what really happened. To their horror, they quickly find themselves face-to-face with unspeakable evil. Realizing that they must be smarter and faster than Rogerson and his crew to avoid suffering the same fate, they use their knowledge of the original film to do whatever it takes to survive.
          Last edited by BeRightBack; 09-03-2012, 07:10 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BeRightBack View Post
            Grave Encounters was a decent found footage flick, with some good humor on the whole ghost hunters stuff. They went really far with the camera tricks, I dunno how they could go any further, sans more blood and gore but I'll be checking it out regardless. If that tagline on the cover is any indication, then we should be getting more meta ghost hunter/ found footage humor. Here's a synopsis from that other BD website...

            “While researching the events depicted in the original film and the subsequent disappearance of its lead ”actor” Sean Rogerson, Alex Wright received a bizarre video from a mysterious blogger named “DeathAwaits666.” Appearing to show Rogerson still alive but trapped inside the Collingwood Psychiatric Hospital from GRAVE ENCOUNTERS, Alex and his friends agree to meet the blogger at the infamous hospital in hopes of learning what really happened. To their horror, they quickly find themselves face-to-face with unspeakable evil. Realizing that they must be smarter and faster than Rogerson and his crew to avoid suffering the same fate, they use their knowledge of the original film to do whatever it takes to survive.
            Made me think of Prince of Darkness by JC part way through reading it.

            Still sounds cool tho.
            Electric 6 Radio Ga Ga
            Chemical Romance Welcome To The Black Parade
            Beatfreakz Somebody's Watching Me
            The Darkness I Believe In A Thing Called Love
            Boogie Pimps Somebody To Love
            Nightcore Land Of Confusion
            Bif Naked Moment Of Weakness
            Rend Collective My Lighthouse
            Dickies Killer Klowns From Outer Space
            Garbage Special
            Cardigans My Favorite Game
            Living Colour Cult of Personality
            Limousines Internet Killed The Video Star
            Alien Ant Farm Smooth Criminal
            Sasha D Russian Girls
            Scatman John Scatman

            Comment


            • #7
              Trailer

              Comment


              • #8
                I dont understand am I missing something I thoughtthe first one was horrid.
                "I will do what Queens do. I will rule."

                Comment


                • #9
                  It took almost an hour for something to happen in the first one .. Meh ..I'll watch this one just because .. But I'm not expecting much.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    New poster artwork...



                    The first was solid and I'm really looking forward to this entry!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I really liked the first one, so I'm looking forward to this one!

                      The CGI-mouth on the poster is slightly silly though, but the creature itself looks pretty cool!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by dead breed View Post
                        It took almost an hour for something to happen in the first one
                        That was the point of the first part and then boom The best horror of 2011 imo.
                        Last edited by Flamethrower; 09-06-2012, 05:38 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by flamethrowerkv View Post
                          That was the point of the first part and then boom The best horror of 2011 imo.
                          Some of the acting kinda killed it for me too.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If you're not into the format, it's not likely to do a lot for you.

                            While it's called "found footage" I don't think that's really it's selling point, or that it should be it's selling point. It's built around the documentary style of site-investigation shows.

                            MY GF has been watching some stuff on Netflix where a team of investigators go to supposedly haunted sites and they look around for mundane stuff first, and then dig into the history and creepy stuff. Having sat and watched a few of these with her made all the difference for me when I watched this.

                            Think about it, you're sure to get more out of a mockumentry (like Spinal Tap let's say) if you've first seen a real documentary or two. Not trying to say you MUST do this before you judge it, but IMO, you'll get a whole new enjoyment out of this if you do so.
                            Electric 6 Radio Ga Ga
                            Chemical Romance Welcome To The Black Parade
                            Beatfreakz Somebody's Watching Me
                            The Darkness I Believe In A Thing Called Love
                            Boogie Pimps Somebody To Love
                            Nightcore Land Of Confusion
                            Bif Naked Moment Of Weakness
                            Rend Collective My Lighthouse
                            Dickies Killer Klowns From Outer Space
                            Garbage Special
                            Cardigans My Favorite Game
                            Living Colour Cult of Personality
                            Limousines Internet Killed The Video Star
                            Alien Ant Farm Smooth Criminal
                            Sasha D Russian Girls
                            Scatman John Scatman

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I liked the first installment, but I'm kind of a found footage apologist. What I thought was interesting about this one, was the way it kind of lulled you into thinking it was a pure goofy documentary, especially with the host paying witnesses to say lie and attest to certain things being haunted. I thought that kind of put me in the right mood to be surprised later.

                              The acting by the lead was especially bad, but everyone else was passable. I didn't have many expectactions for the movie, so it was a pleasant surprise.

                              I don't know if a sequel was necessary, but necessary never stopped any studios in the past.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X