Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shining prequel 'The Overlook Hotel'

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/04/1...d6c63118000019

Interesting. I think a prequel could be pretty awesome. I can't see it being done the Kubrick way, with all that intense atmosphere, but it does have the chance to be a good yarn nevertheless.

Stephen King apparently has a sequel to his original book coming out this year too..

Thoughts?
    "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
    Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
    My little idiot..

I'm kind of on the fence on this one.

Either it could turn out to be really interesting, or it could be a massive failure of epic proportions.

Two other prequel shows (Bates Motel and Hannibal) have both turned out to be pretty good so far, so I'll try to keep an open mind.

A period piece show might be cool, kind of like Boardwalk Empire but with ghosts.

52 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

Oh. Is this a TV show?

If so. I'm less excited.
      "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
      My little idiot..

Comment

It could be really good or really shit.

I like the TV studios are taking gambles with horror properties, and they're paying off.

Bates Motel is excellent and Hannibal is shaping up to be great as well.

Comment

I just don't have time for TV shows. And I would find it a bit lacking. They can't do as much as they can in a film. Concept and atmosphere wise.

That said though there is other things they can do that film can't.

Either way, this being a TV show I'm not as excited, but still interested.

My little idiot..

Comment

Oh well, another film form the prequel/sequel/remake department? Yeah, they totally forgot The Shining, but now they nailed it.

I hope this won't be a turd, otherwise I have to burn something or somebody.
            "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
            Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Yay, just what nobody ever wanted: the origin story of what made the Overlook go from a regular building to a soul-sucking vacuum cleaner.
              Mayhem. In a boilersuit.

Comment

I just noticed the title of this thread.

52 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
                  I just noticed the title of this thread.
                  Me too

Fix it please...

My little idiot..

Comment

This will either be super awesome, or terrible...
                    I dig Glen's work so I have hopes its not shit. But I'm oddly not a huge King fan so it wouldn't bother me on a literary level. Although I don't think hardcore fans will have an open mind about it.

Comment

I... I don't know about this one. I mean, if they pull it off then wonderful. But on paper this sounds like a bad idea. Only time will tell, I suppose.

Latest BSC: Slumber Party Massacre Review
                      Latest BSA: The Mist (Stephen King) vs. The Mist (Frank Darabont) Part I & Part II
                      Latest BSVlog: Storage 24 Review
                      Latest FNFF: Maniac (2013) Review

Comment

Working...
                      X