X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way I take it is Jason did drown but he didnt quite die. His body was never found and he just chilled in the woods and lived probably like an animal. After seeing his mother decapitated he began his own neverending killing spree.

Comment

I've always wondered where the misconception of Jason using a chainsaw. Was it just a mix of "cliches" of hockey masks and TCM about the genre? Or was there some spoof of Friday that got people passing Jason off as a saw-wielding maniac? The only time I remember Jason using a power tool was in A New Blood with the weed-whacker...

Matt Python wrote:
      The way I take it is Jason did drown but he didnt quite die. His body was never found and he just chilled in the woods and lived probably like an animal. After seeing his mother decapitated he began his own neverending killing spree.
      I always figured that Cunningham was planning a one-shot horror film, so he had whatever-her-name-was from the first one have a nightmare ABOUT the idea of Jason, but when the oppurtunity arose for a sequel, they just expanded on the story. As for Friday the 13th mythos, I'm with you.

- gabriel

Comment

Ok, this has always been bothering me. In ROTLD, the human zombies are mean killing machines when they come back from the dead. Yet the zombie split dog seems pretty happy. He isn't killing people, he's just being a dog, who is stuck to a board. But he sounds normal.

And if that skeleton in the graveyard came back to life, why didn't the skeletons in the lab come to life?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Omega Yagami
          Ok, this has always been bothering me. In ROTLD, the human zombies are mean killing machines when they come back from the dead. Yet the zombie split dog seems pretty happy. He isn't killing people, he's just being a dog, who is stuck to a board. But he sounds normal.

And if that skeleton in the graveyard came back to life, why didn't the skeletons in the lab come to life?
          Thats what they call a plothole since they never specifically explained the differences between a reanimated dog and a reanimated human. Thus, it doesn't make sense because they're technically both animals.

Again.... a plothole that they never bothered the expand upon. I think they just wanted to get Linnea Quigley naked again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Omega Yagami
            That skeletion still had a little meat on it....

Comment

if used correctly, this is an excellent idea for a thread. its yet another way to cut down on those "one hit wonder" threads as i call them. also i'd like to see all those "Help!!! what horror movie is this?" threads start flowing into here as well; instead of having their own thread.i find this fun because i like trivia, so in a sense its a two for one or even three for one deal.myself and others get to test their knowledge while helping out somebody else. AND anything that controls "pointless" thread count im a fan of. do it do it.
              "Hollywood horror is dead." - Gabriel

Muff Daddy's Dvds :
              http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...the+muffin+man

Comment

Originally posted by the_muffin_man
                if used correctly, this is an excellent idea for a thread. its yet another way to cut down on those "one hit wonder" threads as i call them. also i'd like to see all those "Help!!! what horror movie is this?" threads start flowing into here as well; instead of having their own thread.i find this fun because i like trivia, so in a sense its a two for one or even three for one deal.myself and others get to test their knowledge while helping out somebody else. AND anything that controls "pointless" thread count im a fan of. do it do it.
                That was what I was gonna try to do with my random horror thought thread but ZB beat me to the punch.

As far as the split dogs in ROTLD go...... Well, it was mentioned that the were just acting like dogs not zombie dogs. The way I see it there wasnt a whole lot a split zombie dog can do especially when its attached to the board. Yeah the zombie dog sounded fine but the human zombies talked as well so there really isnt a difference there. If it had been a whole dog that wasnt attached to a board I believe it would have been trying to eat people.

Comment

Perhaps if human zombies only attack people then animal zombies will only attack their own species. Just a guess.

Comment

ive always had a problem with halloween.i understand was was"possed" by something evil but what was that evil?why did that evil make him so strong?why did he know where to go if the evil had control of him?was he turned into more of a great white(what i meen is he can sencse life and fear when you think about it) so to speak of humans or just a killing machine?there are a lot of things that can be asked about just micheal himself and the things he does and the way he acts but those are just some questions ive always wondered and i thought id bring them up.

Divine Intervention

Comment

I have a few TCM questions.
                      Why did the hitchhiker even appear at the begging of the movie? If you think about it, theres no reason as to why he should be in that part of the movie. Well, now that it think of it, maybe he was sent to get people for the family, and when he smeared the blood in the van, it was kind of a message for the cook at the gas station...sounds plausible...but maybe he was just there to tell the audience that if they thought that was disturbing, wait till you see whats coming...

Also, why did the cook tell the kids to stay away from the old franklin house, if hes own house was near by? Was it hes good side trying to help them? Or was he just trying to make the kids curious?

"Someone once told me time is a flat circle. Everything we've ever done or will do we're gonna do over and over and over again."

- Rustin Cohle

Comment

Regarding the Halloween question - I never saw Myers so much as being possessed, but more of an image of pure evil. He is the boogyman. Instead of becoming evil, like most serial killers, he was born without a soul and his only purpose is to kill.

As for the strength question, that's a toss up. Being demonic, the belief that insane people suppossedly are very strong, or maybe the person that taught him to drive introduced him to the hospital gym. He is a big guy afterall.
                        "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
                        H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

I watched "The Thing" for the first time tonight (thanks Tony ) and I was wondering how Blair got out of the shed? I realize that he dug the hole and was building the ship, but it didn't look like there was a way out down there, and if there was, MacReady and the other two still went up the hole and back into the shed. Was there a way out down there, and if not, even though Blair was one of the things, he still couldn't have gotten out of a door that was locked from the outside.

Am I reading too much into this? It's been nagging at me. That was the only flaw in that movie IMO. Loved every creepy minute of it...
                          My bitchin' avatar is from The Signal and was graciously made by jizMasterZer0.

Comment

Okay, I'm trying to find out the name of this movie. I saw it on television when I was in the 7th or 8th grade. It's probably pretty cheesy by today's standards, but I remember being surprised by how bloody it was. All I can remember was that there was a guy that had either a greenhouse or a building where he was hiding giant, killer plants. They may have been venus flytraps or at least something like them.

I know it's not much to go on, but that's all I really remember.
                            "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
                            H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

im not sure but Little Shop Horror? thats all i can think of

mydvds

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel
                                I've always wondered where the misconception of Jason using a chainsaw. Was it just a mix of "cliches" of hockey masks and TCM about the genre? Or was there some spoof of Friday that got people passing Jason off as a saw-wielding maniac? The only time I remember Jason using a power tool was in A New Blood with the weed-whacker...
                                There was a spoof of the Friday The 13th Movies, it was called Halloween Camp The killer in it wore a mask like Jasons and was wielding a chainsaw.

Comment

Working...
                                X