Deus ex machina in the extreme
    Arkham Drive-In - The Home of Lovecraftian Film Trailers

Comment

Great movie. Truly a classic.
      sigpic

"I wish grass was Emo, so it would cut itself"

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher Freak View Post
        Rhoda was funny and I liked when she got pissed because she is such a spoil little bitch. I haven't seen the 80's tv remake but I want to.

Rhoda was a funny lil bitch! I love the way that caretaker fucked with her all the time talkin bout some tap tap of her shoes but oh no! Rhoda took full care of that son of a bitch! I saw the remake of it and Rhoda looks like my cousin Heather when she was little and she IS a bad seed which makes it funnier.... I just don't understand why they casted a dark headed child... Rhoda's blonde braids of evil were beautiful...

The Bad Seed is an awesome awesome film and my mothers pet name for me...
        GOD DAMN NAM'S WHAT HAPPENED! GO GET ME A BEER, BITCH!

i'm pretty sure The Reverend Horton Heat is one of the best bands that has ever lived. Psychobilly is the shit, and Rev. puts on one of the best live shows in existence.

sigpic

Comment

Probably the first movie of it's time to deal with
          sweet innocent little girls that are fucked up in the head.
          A psychological masterpiece for it's day...
          Death is the end of pain, the last Pain

Comment

greeat film!!!!!
            a deff must have for any horror collection!!!

Comment

Little Patty McCormick was quite popular in the play...she had played the role hundreds of times by the time she did the movie...which is based more on the play than the book.

No, the studios were very nervous about the "child killer" angle and didn't mention it in their poster.
              They also tacked on a happy ending and a "curtain call".
              If you record it from T.V. you can always just end the recording when the old lady says "you've still got Rhoda"...which is how the book ends...

The scene of the mother freaking out, while the kid plays the piano and the caretaker is screaming and burning is a major scene in horror history!

Comment

The Bad Seed

Cute lil Patty Mccormack? lol she was a perfect serial killer, get in her way and you were toast,, this movie was way before it's time and quite disturbing. When she unemotionally stomped the little boys fingers with her cute little shoes as he slipped into the water,, I'll never forget that...
                We need a little comedy relief with that horror...... makes it perfect.....

Comment

Originally posted by MidnyteBlooms View Post
                  Cute lil Patty Mccormack? lol she was a perfect serial killer, get in her way and you were toast,, this movie was way before it's time and quite disturbing. When she unemotionally stomped the little boys fingers with her cute little shoes as he slipped into the water,, I'll never forget that...
                  I love that scene you just can beat evil little kids
                  sigpic

Comment

I grew up with this flick. Very well-done. It's one of the few stage-based horror movies where the stagey direction is an advantage. It's a lot creepier not seeing the caretaker on fire. And Patty McCormick is creepy as hell.

"I WANT MY PENMANSHIP MEDAL!!!"
                    READ ME AT horror films 101
                    03/28/12 - Feature: Candle Cove
                    03/26/12 - Review: The Maker of Gargoyles (Clark Ashton Smith)
                    03/04/12 - Review: The Video Dead (Robert Scott)

Comment

this wins best buttheaded-little-kid movie ever. it was actually kinda funny but still pretty creepy, i'm glad i saw it.
                      give patty mccormack her freakin' penmanship medal.
                      ┏┃ ┏┓ ┏┓ ┣┓   ┃┃
                      ┗┫   ┃   ┣┛┏━━┻┃
                       ┃ ┗━━━┛ ┃ ┣━━ ┃
                       ┗━━━┳━━━┛ ┣━━ ┃
                       ┏━━▇▇▇━━ ━┻━━━┻
                      HAPPY CAMPER!!

SPARTANS! PREPARE FOR GLORY!

Dallas in da house!
                      :banana: :banana:

Comment

I saw this movie awhile ago! I liked it a lot, but the talking scene with Rhoda's mother and some guy (I don't exactly remember who he was) really bored me.

The ending was great. To me everything in this movie happened at a perfect time. The movie was funny, I wouldn't call it "scary" since it didn't scare me.
                        Last edited by Ecto; 08-08-2008, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Definately a great movie for it's time. No hokey monsters in goofy costumes. I usually find the child 'monster' the most frightening in movies.

"Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has."-
                          Dolores Claiborne

"You're not going to make me mad again, are you?"- Misery

"You won't answer my calls, you change your number. I mean, I'm not gonna be ignored, Dan!" -
                          Fatal Attraction

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                            No, the studios were very nervous about the "child killer" angle and didn't mention it in their poster.
                            They also tacked on a happy ending and a "curtain call".
                            If you record it from T.V. you can always just end the recording when the old lady says "you've still got Rhoda"...which is how the book ends...
                            That's pretty much exactly what I figured when I saw the movie. The last part of the movie seemed tacked on and limp after what was a really cool movie. Struck by lightning? Come on.
                            Paradise Lost? Found it!

Last Watched: The Fly

Comment

I've always liked this movie. The ending would definately not happen in a more modern movie but it is after all 50 years old. Justice had to be done and since society would not know what to do with a child sociopath/ serial murderer it was left up to God to take matters in hand. If a more modern movie of this were made it would end up with her burning her house down and killing her entire family. Then we would have Bad Seed Part I, then II , the Return of.... on and on. Sort of like a Chucky. Best to zap her with a bolt out of the blue and be done with it !

Comment

I bought this today. Excited to watch it again. There's something about that little girl that's just awesomely creepy.
                                READ ME AT horror films 101
                                03/28/12 - Feature: Candle Cove
                                03/26/12 - Review: The Maker of Gargoyles (Clark Ashton Smith)
                                03/04/12 - Review: The Video Dead (Robert Scott)

Comment

Working...
                                X