No announcement yet.

Freaks (1932)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a great film. It is one of two I've ever stolen from a rental store.
    A Dead Friend

Melinda

The Last Picture Blog

Nothing Men: A Novel of Horror

Comment

• I've got this sitting in my queue with a very long wait from what i hear it's a pretty nuts so i can't wait!

Comment

• I watched this with my 10 year old sister and she just said that it was mean how they used real "freaks."
        Follow my blog: http://nativeaudiogrrrl.blogspot.com

"You....make man....like me?"
        "No....woman."

Comment

• I just turned a friend on to this one,

Comment

• Tod Browning, also the director of Dracula and Mark of the Vampire, was a very good film maker. Freaks was one of those movies that you never forgot once you have seen it. I think the story is so well told and the characters are so well developed that it is impossible not to feel something for this movie.
            Listen to them! Children of the night! What music they make!

Comment

• One of the best old horror movies, IMO.

The ending is so messed up.
              Classicsofhorror.com: The best collection of classic horror and sci-fi films online!

Comment

• Just finished watching this for the first time today... yeah, I know. I should be ashamed of myself. Anyway... great film. It had a solid story. Quite a few memorable lines in this movie... and that ending. Just plain creepy.

Comment

• I love this movie. I have it on VHS and I thank my mother for introducing me to this cult classic.

Comment

• Originally posted by kittyrocker08 View Post
                    I watched this with my 10 year old sister and she just said that it was mean how they used real "freaks."
                    There are days when I agree with your sister.
                    READ ME AT horror films 101
                    03/28/12 - Feature: Candle Cove
                    03/26/12 - Review: The Maker of Gargoyles (Clark Ashton Smith)
                    03/04/12 - Review: The Video Dead (Robert Scott)

Comment

• Originally posted by Beamer View Post
                      reamake????? please enlighten me
                      I don't think there's been an official remake, but She Freak is very similar, and The Mutations shares some elements, from what I remember.

Comment

• LOVE this movie.
                        in my top 3 B&W horor movie
                        1. NOTLD
                        2. Creature from the Black Lagoon
                        3. Freaks
                        sigpic
                        Is going CRAZY!

Comment

I only became interested when the little-man started to get poisoned through the final act. Pretty intense. Rare authenticity in using many real disabled people.
                          A prohibitionist is the sort of man one couldn't care to drink with, even if he drank.
                          H. L. Mencken

Comment

• Originally posted by ClonedBeef View Post
                            Rare authenticity in using many real disabled people.
                            This was very controversial and sadly many of the "freaks" weren't allowed to eat with the the cast and crew and were forced outside. Knowing this makes the movie hit home a little harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy
                              the "freaks" weren't allowed to eat with the the cast and crew and were forced outside.
                              Then screw the disingenuous cherry-picking intro TCM had for this. They portrayed it as the first film where disabled people were portrayed with some sense of normalcy and respect. They forgot to mention that behind the scenes bit.
                              A prohibitionist is the sort of man one couldn't care to drink with, even if he drank.
                              H. L. Mencken

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                                This was very controversial and sadly many of the "freaks" weren't allowed to eat with the the cast and crew and were forced outside.
                                Where did you find out this info? If true, that does say much about the attitudes of the time. It wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Working...
                                X