No announcement yet.

Freaks (1932)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the black dude that was just a head and a torso freaked me out.

Comment

Freaks is just a great movie!! I love it.

Originally posted by ZantiMisfit View Post
      Freaked. By Alex Winter ... best known as the "other" Bill and Ted dude. Lots of weird cameos in that one ... needless to say, not real freaks (well, some of the actors are pretty freaky, but you know what I mean).
      Dont forget about Keanu Reeves uncredited performance as Dog Boy! lol

I have never done drugs and I never will. I was even the best student in the D.A.R.E. program back in the 80s.

Comment

She Freak is indeed a rip off of Freaks and a very piss poor one at that.

Freaks is definally in my top 10 movies of all time. Amazing cast too.
        Arkham Drive-In - The Home of Lovecraftian Film Trailers

Comment

When I was a kid, this movie was legendary. It's a miracle it survived intact, when so many films from that era didn't. I saw it as an adult, and all the reasons for the banning mentioned above do apply. It's damned unsettling now, and must have been nearly unbearable back then. The ending is still one of the most frightening on film. And if you take the social context into consideration, it's still horrifying.

Comment

I just saw this film yesterday and was amazed by how beautifully filmed it was. Tod Browning was a master and the fact that he lost his career is criminal. Anyone who calls themself a horror fan needs to see this film. It is utterly fantastic and a priceless piece of cinematic history.
            Even a man who is pure in heart
            and says his prayers by night
            may become a wolf
            when the wolfsbane blooms
            and the autumn moon is bright.

sigpic

Comment

"Gooblegobble, gooblegobble! One of us! One of US!"
              sigpic"Who is this penguin here with the ten-inch tongue?"

Comment

Tod Browning was a master and the fact that he lost his career is criminal.
                He still got to make Devil Doll and MArk of the Vampire after Freaks though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferox13 View Post
                  He still got to make Devil Doll and MArk of the Vampire after Freaks though.
                  Yeah, he made those films but they were largely ignored and villified by critics and the public because of Freaks I read somewhere that his name could cause a project to be abandoned by producers just because of his unpopularity. He was a genius and to have them essentially blacklist him was just pathetic.
                  Even a man who is pure in heart
                  and says his prayers by night
                  may become a wolf
                  when the wolfsbane blooms
                  and the autumn moon is bright.

sigpic

Comment

Similar thign happened to Michael Powell after Peeping Tom too.

Comment

I have always been fascinated by Josephine Joseph, from this Film. So little is known about Her/Him, or even what his true sex was as he was a private person. Did an interesting job in Freaks though.

Comment

"heres something for your eye" - thats what happened to j.joeseph lol

this movie is great in every way. i saw a movie recently that had a scene that suddenly reminded me of freaks,its called calvaire (the ordeal). when i say it reminded me of freaks im not saying it was ripping it off,the scene in calvaire in the bar when the locals start dancing was so unsettling it totally reminded me how i felt when i first saw freaks ,when they first showed the pinheads dancing near the river.

hail pip & zip the whatizits! OG horror icons
                        +113

Comment

Originally posted by brain dead View Post
                          I came across a review of a 60's movie a while back for a movie called She Freak which seems to be a remake of Freaks...
                          http://monsterhunter.coldfusionvideo.com/She_Freak.html
                          Yes,it is a very bad,and very cheap remake.No real freaks just bad make-up.No gore or suspene either.Good for "schlock value"only.

Comment

It had the same 'shock' ending too.

Comment

Originally posted by R-13 View Post
                              You know it's been remade? I was walking through Block Buster and saw a movie called Freak Show. I picked it up and it said right on the cover that it was made in the same stying as Tod Browning's Freaks. Such bullshit, it looked like a cheap rip-off.
                              Actually, it wasn't that bad and the ending was pretty brutal

I love Freaks but that lil midget boy and girl scare the ever living fuck outa me
                              GOD DAMN NAM'S WHAT HAPPENED! GO GET ME A BEER, BITCH!

i'm pretty sure The Reverend Horton Heat is one of the best bands that has ever lived. Psychobilly is the shit, and Rev. puts on one of the best live shows in existence.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Creepy Crawler View Post
                                They all claim to be. I've only ever seen two other films with outcasts that are worth seeing - El Topo, and The Freakmaker/The Mutations.
                                There's Even Dwarfs Started Small, but it only covers, erm, dwarfs.
                                I'm glad you mentioned, The Freakmaker/Mutations great b-movie starring "Donald Pleasence" - Halloween, "Tom Baker" - Doctor Who with those two legends you know it will rock!

Comment

Working...
                                X