Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrBearIsNekromantik View Post
    Spanish version is great.

If only Reinfeild could be in the Spanish version is would be perfect!
    I liked the reinfeild in the spanish version, he was mad I tell you!

Oh and the Invisible Man/Creature From The Black Lagoon are the best universal movies.
    Exactly.
    Damn I've said some dumb things on this website

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBearIsNekromantik View Post
      Spanish version is great.

If only Reinfeild could be in the Spanish version is would be perfect!

Oh and the Invisible Man/Creature From The Black Lagoon are the best universal movies.
      I haven't seen The Invisible Man, but I definitely prefer the Frankenstein movies to the first Creature From The Black Lagoon. (Never saw the creature sequels.)

Comment

• Dracula

I just picked up Dracula on DVD. The DVD has the original movie, the original movie with new music by Philip Glass, and the Spanish version of Dracula.

I was wondering what you guys thought about the version with music by Philip Glass. I'm on the fence about it. It sounds really good, but the purist in me prefers the old music.

Also, how do you feel about the Spanish version. I have yet to see it. I remember AVGN said he preferred it to the American version.

[YOUTUBE]GYOuGJY7ObE[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• To be honest I don't like Lugosi as Dracula in fact the whole film is boring as hell, I can never get past falling asleep when popping this one in. However I was able to stay awake and watch the film with Glass' score and it doesn't fit IMO.

The Spanish version is interesting but I still fall asleep, YAAWN!!!...

Comment

• http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...ad.php?t=55184

Comment

• Its pretty much the same thing I said in that post. I understand your posting this link and I see your point. But again, I stand by me reply in both this post and the other.

Comment

• I don't think the original Dracula has any music except for the title credits. The silence works better, reminds me of silent movies and makes it more eerie.

To be honest I don't like Lugosi as Dracula in fact the whole film is boring as hell, I can never get past falling asleep when popping this one in.
                I don't find Dracula boring. It's a classic.

Comment

• While Christopher Lee is my favorite Dracula I still love the Lugosi film. The Glass score is okay but I prefer the silence of the original. The spanish version is awesome.
                  I am known in many realms by many names, but those that know me in your world call me the Phantom Stranger.

Comment

• Originally posted by phantomstranger View Post
                    While Christopher Lee is my favorite Dracula I still love the Lugosi film. The Glass score is okay but I prefer the silence of the original. The spanish version is awesome.
                    The Spanish version is an almost shot for shot remake just like Psycho and Let Me In. They had an excuse because they didn't use dubbing/subtitles for foreign markets, they had to reshoot it with spanish actors.

It's still very a much a remake though.

Comment

• Gotta love Dracula with Bela Lugosi and the Christopher Lee installments I wish Hammer films could come back in full swing.
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/ZenHorrorgasm

Comment

• Still a wonderfully atmospheric film even if it's no longer even remotely scary. This time around I was more impressed with the (albeit effeminate) portrayal of Renfield (always my favorite character from the novel) by Dwight Frye, prefering it even to Lugosi's as the Count. For a talkie this has a lot of silent film sensibilities going for it (large chunks don't even have background music) which helps to build the atmosphere even more. Granted the film is no where near faithfull to Stoker's novel but I'd still take this kind of vampire tale over those sparkling Twilight twerps any day.

(8/10)

Comment

• I can't believe anyone would think this film is badly dated or boring. The silent soundtrack, the bizarre lead actors, the shadowy atmosphere and off camera horror is amazing. Bela and Dwight Frye are still two of the best horror actors to ever do it.

The scene that really wins me over is where Renfield is detailing how Dracula appeared to him and summoned thousands of rats with glowing red eyes. The fact that it is all off screen and created in Dwight's amazing performance... that is great low budget cinema.

In my Top 10 Horror films for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knife of the Party View Post
                            I can't believe anyone would think this film is badly dated or boring. The silent soundtrack, the bizarre lead actors, the shadowy atmosphere and off camera horror is amazing. Bela and Dwight Frye are still two of the best horror actors to ever do it.

The scene that really wins me over is where Renfield is detailing how Dracula appeared to him and summoned thousands of rats with glowing red eyes. The fact that it is all off screen and created in Dwight's amazing performance... that is great low budget cinema.

In my Top 10 Horror films for sure.
                            ^^^What this guy said!

l always thought this chick was kinda hot:

Shes Drac's first victim after he arrives in England. Shes giving away "flowers for your button-holes" on a street corner, when our favorite sanguinarian comes up and bites her pretty neck off.

By the way, the blu-ray for this is superb. l usually don't notice much difference in picture quality whenever a classic makes the jump from DVD to HD, but with this film you can see it in the textures and the richness of blacks and grays. lts gorgeous.

Comment

• I consider this a comedy. I laugh my arse off every time.

Comment

• In my opinion, is inferior to the version of Terence Fisher from 1958.

Comment

Working...
                                X