• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rainstreet View Post
    wasnt that the b movie with v. price?
    yes sir!!!
    I suggest you watch it!!

Comment

I own both the original Haunting and the remake while I enjoy both movies the original is a much much better movie its one of the best haunted house movies that I have ever made a true classic. Its pretty creepy as well. The remake on the other hand I found it entertaining but its not in the least but scary I like the cast but it cant even compare to the original. I say own the original and rent the remake first if you like it then pick it up but dont go into the remake expecting anything close to the original.

Comment

about that "walk alone statement", seems that there are lots of ghosts in the house so they dont walk alone anymore....
        Each alone...in their own private hell....
        Ghosts know no peace...
        Eleanor could have left with Theo...she chose to be alone...forever
        But, at least she has a place where she was welcome...depression, frustration, despair and all....

Comment

A rip-off of the Jackson novel ...to be sure...
          As was THE LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
              Not read the book but The Haunting (original) is a true horror classic. Its one of those movies that do actually provoke you into being spooked. Legend of Hell House was good to. It was a true seventies style movie which had its scary moments. The Haunting remake was in my opinion crap and I have seen better and scarier episodes of Goosebumps.
              Every time I learn something new it pushes something old out of my brain. Doh!!

Comment

I really loved the original,it is one my favorites of all time.

Comment

The Haunting and The Uninvited 40's version are my two favorite haunted house movies!

Comment

gonna see if i can pick this up

trailer looked pretty good

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyed this flick. Watched it last night. Not a lot happens in it but it's the atmosphere and sense of dread that really makes it. The distorted camera angles, sound effects and surroundings make it really creepy and makes you feel that the house is watching every move that the characters make. Obviously the plot is very familiar (due to many mediocre attempts to copy it) but I can see why people call it a classic.

"I have no idea where this will take us but I have a feeling it will be both wonderful and strange"

Comment

Originally posted by el terror View Post
                        Thoroughly enjoyed this flick. Watched it last night. Not a lot happens in it but it's the atmosphere and sense of dread that really makes it. The distorted camera angles, sound effects and surroundings make it really creepy and makes you feel that the house is watching every move that the characters make. Obviously the plot is very familiar (due to many mediocre attempts to copy it) but I can see why people call it a classic.
                        That sums it for me pretty much up. I got frequent goose bumbs and chills down my spine and in the end I was completely nerve-wracked, got a hot head, was exhausted and simply down and out. My personal all-time favourite b/w-film, so unique and fantastic. Chilling, uber-suspenseful and everywhere atmosphere, atmosphere, atmosphere. And the best thing: no blood, no gore. Isn't that what's all about in a good horror movie (well, except the gore)? Here it is, already produced in 1963.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                          The Legend of Hell House was an adaptation of the Richard Matheson novel Hell House. Though it's true his tale and Shirley's share many similarities.

A video review show dedicated to horror cinema.

Latest BSC episode (2/22/12):
                          The Gingerdead Man
                          Latest BSA episode (3/21/12): The Birds vs. The Birds!
                          Latest Vlog (3/27/12): The Hunger Games

Comment

Creepy even if it's slow to today's conventions, whatever it's got more substance, build-up, "less is more" ploy than a lot of movies we see. A lot of fun for me.
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/ZenHorrorgasm

Comment

Not seen the remake, why would you given how good the original was. The ultimate horror ghost story that is echoed in every haunted house film since.

Check out Fin's review for an in depth analysis.
                              Edinburgh Horror Club.
                              www.edinburghhorrorclub.blogspot.com
                              twitter - @EdHorrorClub

Comment

I finally saw this recently. I had high expectations and they were actually met. I couldn't believe how eerie this movie was. It was a perfect visual representation of the book.

Comment

Working...
                                X