The Haunting (1963)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Haunting (1963)

So Everyone has seen the shit as remake.
    Hs anyone seen the original.
    I group of GHOST experts, spend the nights in the hill house, studying Paranormal activity.
    probably one of the best Classic Ghost tales on film, great Cinematography.
    The camera shots scare you more then anything else.
    one of my favorite classic horror films of all time!!!!

also one of my favorite classics that has always stuck with me , never have gotton sick of it and dont plan to anytime soon !

the re-make gives the original ZERO justice what-so-ever sadly enough , you defiently cant judge this film based on the remake , its like 2 separate movies .

if you have seen the remake , you should defiently watch the original , and you'll see what im talking about .
    Last edited by hellkatt_psycho; 09-18-2008, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beamer View Post
      I group of GHOST experts, spend the nights in the hill house, studying Paranormal activity.

I agree whit this .. the camera shots make me misserble ...

Comment

I WATCH IT BEFOR
        I LOVE WATCHIN THAT SHOW ITS FREAKEN AWSOME
        sigpic

Comment

I just viewed this film recently, and I'm trying to cook up some kind of review for it. In any case I found the film to be pretty well made, and high on gothic atmosphere. Its one of the handful of horror films to rely on the psychological, the terror of the unseen, to achieve its full effectiveness.
          Horrorfest 2013

This has nothing to do with where I came from, or what happened to me... I would've ended up here no matter what. I made a choice, I made a choice to provide a counterbalance to all those things that we hold good... and pure. You chose journalism, okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Thorn View Post
            I just viewed this film recently, and I'm trying to cook up some kind of review for it. In any case I found the film to be pretty well made, and high on gothic atmosphere. Its one of the handful of horror films to rely on the psychological, the terror of the unseen, to achieve its full effectiveness.
            Thats for sure!!!!
            im not to sure about the Gothic Atmosphere though, the house is a more early Victorian styled Mansion, but your right, the Psychological aspect is for sure the scariest things in classic film. The scariest things, are things you dont see, its what your mind thinks of them...

Comment

I liked this when I was a mini-girlie, but it got a bit dated.

Comment

I remember sitting in the theater with my friends freaked out by this movie. The scene where the actress- and I just had an Old-Timers moment and can't remember her name- thinks she is holding Claire Bloom's hand and all this craziness is going on in the dark. Then the lights go on and she is across the room from her. Who was holding her hand ??? Yikes and Creepiness. Someone please respond and give me the name of the Oscar winning actress who was in that movie!

Comment

Well, back in the "old days" there really weren't that many best-selling horror novels.
                  THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE was one of them.
                  The movie is an excellent adaptation.
                  I've seen it on a BIG screen.....it ENVELOPES you!
                  Underneath it all is the story of a very lonely, sad woman, with a desperate need to be appreciated and to "belong".
                  What's creepy is that she's so lonely that she gives in to the spirits of the house simply because they "want" her!
                  The remake is DOA.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                    Well, back in the "old days" there really weren't that many best-selling horror novels.
                    THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE was one of them.
                    The movie is an excellent adaptation.
                    I've seen it on a BIG screen.....it ENVELOPES you!
                    Underneath it all is the story of a very lonely, sad woman, with a desperate need to be appreciated and to "belong".
                    What's creepy is that she's so lonely that she gives in to the spirits of the house simply because they "want" her!
                    The remake is DOA.
                    Thats soo true dude!!!
                    I never really looked at it like that b4.

awww its kindda depressing now lol

Comment

Thats soo true dude!!!
                      I never really looked at it like that b4.

awww its kindda depressing now lol
                      KINDA??!!
                      It always HAS been!!
                      Gee!
                      Let's remake it AGAIN!!
                      This time Eleanor and Theo can leave together and be happy forever!
                      It's strange that Eleanor chooses death to shacking up with Claire Bloom!
                      One frustrated virgin...another woman disturbed by men ("Don't touch me!")...both in bed.
                      The door....a pounding noise...an animalistic, male sound on the other side...TRYING TO GET IN....the door flexes...the women are terrified, holding on to each other....
                      IT WANTS TO GET INSIDE!!!
                      The only one who REALLY cares for Eleanor in her entire life is THEO!!
                      Talk about pro-lesbian....!
                      But "Nell" chooses death...it's the closet for her....FOREVER!
                      "Doors are sensibly shut".
                      "And those who walk there...walk ALONE!"
                      Or as Eleanor says at the end...after her death..."Those of US who walk there...walk alone."

Comment

absolutely. the original haunting is one of those movies that you never get out of your head. fyi, did u know it was based on a short story by shirley jackson, "the haunting of hill house?"
                        Last edited by rainstreet; 10-12-2008, 01:23 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by rainstreet View Post
                          absolutely. the original haunting is one of those movies that you never get out of your head. fyi, did u know it was based on a short story by shirley jackson, "the haunting of hill house?"
                          Yaa man, thats pretty awesome, when I first heard that, I had to double take the Title. I thought that the novel was House on haunted hill.

Comment

house on haunted hill

wasnt that the b movie with v. price?

Comment

about that "walk alone statement", seems that there are lots of ghosts in the house so they dont walk alone anymore....

Comment

Working...
                              X