Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hammer Horror Appreciation Thread!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hammer horror classics to be restored

    Dozens of horror movies produced by Britain's Hammer studios are to be restored for their release on Blu-Ray.

    More here.
    Join me in The Mortuary

    Comment


    • I'd never forget seeing the Hammer Horror version of Dracula where the Count doesn't have an Eastern European accent but a British one

      When there is no more room in hell. The dead will walk the Earth.

      Comment


      • As part of Disturbing Films' Vampire Week check out my review of Taste the Blood of Dracula (1970).

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
          As part of Disturbing Films' Vampire Week check out my review of Taste the Blood of Dracula (1970).
          I agree with the "hit and miss" comment. It's my least favourite of the Hammer Draculas I've seen. Horror, Brides, Prince of Darkness, Scars and A.D. 1972 I liked more (I don't think I've seen Risen from the Grave, Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires or Satanic Rites, will have to get around to that).

          I can't really pick a favourite since I like them all, but out of all of them I've seen Horror and A.D. 1972 the most. Dracula A.D. 1972 is very underrated IMO.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
            I agree with the "hit and miss" comment. It's my least favourite of the Hammer Draculas I've seen. Horror, Brides, Prince of Darkness, Scars and A.D. 1972 I liked more (I don't think I've seen Risen from the Grave, Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires or Satanic Rites, will have to get around to that).

            I can't really pick a favourite since I like them all, but out of all of them I've seen Horror and A.D. 1972 the most. Dracula A.D. 1972 is very underrated IMO.
            'Horror', 'Prince of Darkness' and 'Risen' are the ones I really like. The rest of the series is pretty meh for me. I think Hammer's Frankenstein franchise was a lot stronger overall. 'Curse', 'Revenge' and 'Destroyed' are all great. 'Created Woman' is solid too. 'Evil' is fucking terrible and I need to re-valuate 'Monster from Hell'. I don't remember too well 'Horror' with Ralph Bates in the role.

            My reviews of The Revenge of Frankenstein (195 and Frankenstein Created Woman (1967).

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
              'Horror', 'Prince of Darkness' and 'Risen' are the ones I really like. The rest of the series is pretty meh for me. I think Hammer's Frankenstein franchise was a lot stronger overall. 'Curse', 'Revenge' and 'Destroyed' are all great. 'Created Woman' is solid too. 'Evil' is fucking terrible and I need to re-valuate 'Monster from Hell'. I don't remember too well 'Horror' with Ralph Bates in the role.

              My reviews of The Revenge of Frankenstein (195 and Frankenstein Created Woman (1967).
              I liked 'Curse', haven't seen the others yet, though. What do you think about the Mummy series?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
                I liked 'Curse', haven't seen the others yet, though. What do you think about the Mummy series?
                I much prefer the '59 Hammer version of 'The Mummy' to the '32 Universal one which is insanely boring. I haven't actually seen any of the other Mummy films from either the Universal or Hammer franchises. All the other instalments are unrelated to the originals. I will have to check them out someday.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
                  I much prefer the '59 Hammer version of 'The Mummy' to the '32 Universal one which is insanely boring.
                  haha, yes, I definitely agree on that.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X