• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RedSabbath View Post
    Oh my! I don't want to rub it in, but you two
    must be kicking yourselves to spend so much
    money on these separately, just to have Warner
    re-release them like this for only $10 bucks.

However, it could mean that the single versions
    may now go OOP, and then yours could become
    rare. And did the originals have FULLFRAMEs on the flip or
    just disc art? Either isn't availible here. But man....$50!

You two might want to pick this up for
    such a low price anyway....I dunno.
    I've never seen a Hammer release with any extra features at all - they all are barebones from my experience, so you aren't missing out. But, I won't kick myself if they come out with further sets like this.

Besides, I've had these movies for years and derived loads of enjoyment - I don't regret buying them for slightly more. I'm glad I didn't have to wait until now to see them. Even if I knew this set was going to come out, I probably would have still purchased them back then.

Comment

There was a Hammer box set released a couple years ago that has the first two Draculas, the first two Frankensteins, plus the Mummy and maybe one more. That's one I've always meant to pick up.
      * Check out my daily blog, The Vault of Horror, for news, opinion and other cool stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by The Vault of Horror View Post
        There was a Hammer box set released a couple years ago that has the first two Draculas, the first two Frankensteins, plus the Mummy and maybe one more. That's one I've always meant to pick up.
        It's an expensive set. It's almost worth trying to pick up individually.

Hammer Horror Collection Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by The Vault of Horror View Post
          That one is still floating around but going up in price. The Anchor Bay releases did have some decent extras. For instance, Scars of Dracula has audio commentary with Christopher Lee and Roy Ward Baker moderated by Hammer Films Historian Marcus Hearn. U.K. Trailer, U.S. combo trailer, Poster and still gallery and talent bios. It also came with the supplemental disc The Many Faces of Christopher Lee. Narrated by the man himself, its an exceptional look into his career.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveG View Post
            I don't mind if it's significantly enhanced.

I also buy any re-release of HALLOWEEN. Because I'm a fanboy.
            Must admit, I do the exact same. Haven't gotten a chance to pick up the lates release, though...
            Hypocritical Nazis Corner.

Maybe this stems from the fact that you are a neo-nazi fuckwad? [...] Your genes are what need to be rid of from this world.
            Fuckin' guy's a dipshit withno morals. [...] People like that are useless and should be killed.

Comment

I love these films. The way they are shot are better than any other adaptation. Christopher Lee will always be the top contender as the Best Dracula(next to Bela Lugosi). But what needs to be done is a definitive box set, with a bonus documentary disc on the history of Hammer Dracula series and the history of Hammer Film Studios. Each film needs a Christopher Lee commentary snd whatever else is available. Come on Warner Brothers, treat this series like you would your own series, with respect.
              Be careful what you wish for...Eric Curto

Comment

Originally posted by myerspinheadfan View Post
                I love these films. The way they are shot are better than any other adaptation. Christopher Lee will always be the top contender as the Best Dracula(next to Bela Lugosi). But what needs to be done is a definitive box set, with a bonus documentary disc on the history of Hammer Dracula series and the history of Hammer Film Studios. Each film needs a Christopher Lee commentary snd whatever else is available. Come on Warner Brothers, treat this series like you would your own series, with respect.
                The problem lies in the fact that they don't own the rights to all of the films. Anchor Bay owns the rights to P rince of Darkness and Scars of Dracula.

Comment

Originally posted by SkInWaLkEr View Post
                  The problem lies in the fact that they don't own the rights to all of the films. Anchor Bay owns the rights to P rince of Darkness and Scars of Dracula.
                  Fucking Anchor Bay. I wish they could steal Halloweens II and III so we could have a 1-5 box set.
                  Hypocritical Nazis Corner.

Maybe this stems from the fact that you are a neo-nazi fuckwad? [...] Your genes are what need to be rid of from this world.
                  Fuckin' guy's a dipshit withno morals. [...] People like that are useless and should be killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cophin View Post
                    Fucking Anchor Bay. I wish they could steal Halloweens II and III so we could have a 1-5 box set.
                    I'm sorry, but what does Halloween have to do with The Hammer Dracula series? Are you just mentioning them, because Anchor Bay owns the rights to the 1st, 4th and 5th Halloween films?
                    Be careful what you wish for...Eric Curto

Comment

I'm sorry, but what does Halloween have to do with The Hammer Dracula series? Are you just mentioning them, because Anchor Bay owns the rights to the 1st, 4th and 5th Halloween films?
                      Yeah...thats pretty much what he's getting at.

Comment

I wish Anchor Bay (or Blue Underground) had the rights to put out every DVD.

It's too bad Warners couldn't have managed to stick BRIDES OF DRAC in this set too. It's in their other set.

Comment

If you would like a Hammer/Halloween connection here you go.

Christopher Lee was offered the role of Dr. Loomis in Halloween, but he turned them down and the job went to Donald Pleasance. Later, he said it was the biggest mistake of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by caustic_coffee View Post

Christopher Lee was offered the role of Dr. Loomis in Halloween, but he turned them down and the job went to Donald Pleasance. Later, he said it was the biggest mistake of his career.
                            Quoted for truth.

Comment

Originally posted by caustic_coffee View Post

Here's another little connection.

HALLOWEEN III is Carpenters little tribute to Nigel Kneale, creator/writer of the Quatermass series and writer of ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN OF THE HIMALAYAS & THE WITCHES, also for Hammer.

Kneale, himself also did uncredited work on the HALLOWEENIII screenplay.

Comment

i've gotta mention that there are 2 more films in the series that really don't get much mention. BRIDES OF DRACULA (yeah i know dracula isn't in it ) and LEGEND OF THE 7 GOLDEN VAMPIRES. (a very cool co prodution with the Shaw BRos)

Comment

Working...
                                X