Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nosferatu (1922)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Horror Chase View Post
    No it's a Foreign Classic.
    Jerk.
    Recently watched films:

    The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie: (7.5/10)
    The Hurt Locker: (8.75/10)
    Raging Bull: (10.0/10)
    Umberto D.: (10.0/10)
    The Wild Bunch: (9.5/10)
    Ordinary People: (10.0/10)
    Food Inc.: (8.0/10)
    Road to Perdition: (8.5/10)

    Comment


    • #17
      This has got to be my favorite silent movie. There is actually a action figure line called Silent Screamers that makes a Nosferatu and Renfield figure.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Owl the Abortionist View Post
        This has got to be my favorite silent movie. There is actually a action figure line called Silent Screamers that makes a Nosferatu and Renfield figure.
        your so right, I have jekyll, dr. Caligari, and metroplis robot.
        I need Nosferatu

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Beamer View Post
          your so right, I have jekyll, dr. Caligari, and metroplis robot.
          I need Nosferatu
          Check out ebay, usually you can pick them up for around $5! Great deal

          Comment


          • #20
            My short thoughts:

            A brilliant, extremely creepy, and at times innovative, horror film that helped set some of the cliches for the genre. Nosferatu himself looks like that tabloid bat boy, with his bald head, freaky looking eyes, and blank, undead expression. The first time we see him in the film, its clear that the bastard is the son of the bleepin' prince of darkness; or at least his distant cousin.

            My god, when he's slowly crawling up the front of a ship's deck later on the flick, with those long fingernails, that slinder, un-natural looking figure, aiming to pray upon the helpless ship captain himself, I felt a strong sense of dread and eerie forebinding.

            But it is the shot of the vampire's shadow on the wall as he climbs up the stairs that stands out most in my mind, and is one of the most immortal and famous scenes in all of film. A must for those seeking out extremely old school film making, and one that I'd love to revisit sometime soon.
            Horrorfest 2013

            This has nothing to do with where I came from, or what happened to me... I would've ended up here no matter what. I made a choice, I made a choice to provide a counterbalance to all those things that we hold good... and pure. You chose journalism, okay.

            Comment


            • #21
              I love the imagery in this movie. Unfortunately, I've only seen a 40-minute version of the film on The Horror Channel. I have a DVD, but the picture quality is bad and I doubt it has the original soundtrack, so I haven't watched it. I should buy the Masters of Cinema release one of these days . . .
              TO AVOID
              FAINTING
              KEEP REPEATING

              IT'S ONLY A MOVIE
              ONLY A MOVIE
              ONLY A MOVIE

              Comment


              • #22
                just watched it tonight while handing out candy. i may make it a halloween tradition! i like the organ sountrack but i think it is a bit repetitive

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by DallyWhitty View Post
                  I love the imagery in this movie. Unfortunately, I've only seen a 40-minute version of the film on The Horror Channel. I have a DVD, but the picture quality is bad and I doubt it has the original soundtrack, so I haven't watched it. I should buy the Masters of Cinema release one of these days . . .
                  HAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!
                  I thought I was the joker............


                  What kind of "Imagery" did this film give u????????????

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Beamer View Post
                    HAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!
                    I thought I was the joker............


                    What kind of "Imagery" did this film give u????????????

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by themaskofsatan View Post
                      the formation of mental images, figures, or likenesses of things, or of such images collectively: the dim imagery of a dream.

                      please tell me why he likes the "Imagery" of this film.............
                      considering he has only seen 40 min of this film.............

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        this is one of my all time fav movies. for some reason i have yet to pic it up on dvd

                        www.myspace.com/kyleslack


                        http://zombieundead.dvdaf.com/owned

                        LAST 5 DVDS BOUGHT

                        -Hellraiser Puzzle cube box set
                        -Toxic Avenger box set
                        -They Live
                        -Night of the creep
                        -Zombieland

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by freddy1428jason13 View Post
                          this is one of my all time fav movies. for some reason i have yet to pic it up on dvd
                          you can find it in pretty much every classic box set, or try wal-mart bins..

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by freddy1428jason13 View Post
                            this is one of my all time fav movies. for some reason i have yet to pic it up on dvd
                            Well you should, because everyone should have this movie.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Horror Chase View Post
                              Well you should, because everyone should have this movie.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                The acting in this film makes up for the (what we now call) hokey effects. When I first saw this I chuckled at the 'night' scenes, but I could feel the terror just fly out of the screen.

                                It was 1922, I know, but I still had to chuckle.

                                It's a great film. I love it.
                                See, they make head cheese. They... they take the head and they boil it,except for the tongue and they scrape all the flesh away from the bone. They use everything, they don't throw away nothing! They use the jowls and the muscles, the eyes, the ligaments and everything! The nose and the gums and all the flesh and they boil it down into a big jelly of fat!

                                Myspace, anyone?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X